We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary item box bound to character?

This is about the item boxes we received as anniversary gifts. I've now taken a closer look and saw that they are bound to character and the items bound at aquire. Is this how it is intended? Was this communicated somewhere and I just missed it? Had I known that, I would have logged in first with another character. Now they are useless since the character that received them already has all that she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Indelin View Post
    This is about the item boxes we received as anniversary gifts. I've now taken a closer look and saw that they are bound to character and the items bound at aquire. Is this how it is intended? Was this communicated somewhere and I just missed it? Had I known that, I would have logged in first with another character. Now they are useless since the character that received them already has all that she needs.
    Every character receives these. The valar and MC are only once but everything else goes to every character.

It's listed as once per account and I didn't see them on my other characters...

It's listed as once per account and I didn't see them on my other characters...
    Which box(es) are you having issue with? I'm looking at the boxes i still have and most are Bound to Account (see below).
    If you open a Valar, then yes items inside will probably Bind to character.

15-Year Celebration Login Gifts - BtA
    15-Year Celebration VIP Login Gifts - BtA
    Improved Expedition Supplies - BtA
    Aria of the Valar - BtA (BoA when opened (?))
    Valar Level Boost - BtA (BoA when opened (?))

Collector's Edition boxes will be Bound to character as each alt will get those.

As for those boxes that are "once per account", those items go to the first alt you log into on that account. If you logged into the wrong alt, you can still transfer them via Shared Storage and possibly mail.
    If you logged into the wrong server first, your method of transfer would be a Shared Storage Transfer (495) from server to server as long as the servers are both in the same region (US vs EU).
    Once you open a box in which the contents bind to the character, you're pretty much stuck with it.

Last edited by Fresh_Pie; May 13 2022 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_Pie View Post
    Which box(es) are you having issue with? I'm looking at the boxes i still have and most are Bound to Account (see below).
    If you open a Valar, then yes items inside will probably Bind to character.

15-Year Celebration Login Gifts - BtA
    15-Year Celebration VIP Login Gifts - BtA
    Improved Expedition Supplies - BtA
    Aria of the Valar - BtA (BoA when opened (?))
    Valar Level Boost - BtA (BoA when opened (?))

Collector's Edition boxes will be Bound to character as each alt will get those.

As for those boxes that are "once per account", those items go to the first alt you log into on that account. If you logged into the wrong alt, you can still transfer them via Shared Storage and possibly mail.
    If you logged into the wrong server first, your method of transfer would be a Shared Storage Transfer (495) from server to server as long as the servers are both in the same region (US vs EU).
    Once you open a box in which the contents bind to the character, you're pretty much stuck with it.

The boxes are part of the 15-Year Celebration (VIP) Login Gifts (not from a Valar) so they should be bound to account also. They are on the server I wanted them to go, so that's not an issue. It's just that the boxes are bound to character...

6. May 13 2022, 11:51 AM

The boxes are part of the 15-Year Celebration (VIP) Login Gifts (not from a Valar) so they should be bound to account also. They are on the server I wanted them to go, so that's not an issue. It's just that the boxes are bound to character...
    yeah, that sounds like a bug.... you're probably going to have to open a ticket on it... https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us
    The only item from that 15-year Celebration box that is BoA should be the Legendary Item box (according to the wiki
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...on_VIP_Giftbox