We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Legendary Server for 2022, PLEASE!!!

Title says it all. New Legendary Server for 2022, next month would be wonderful. I missed the launch of the last two and Treebread is on Mines of Moria with the level cap at 60, which isn't all that far in. I would like to see a new Legendary Server like Treebread launching next month. Any chance that might happen?

2. May 14 2022, 02:03 AM

Sorry to hear you missed the launch, but we don't need another LS at this time (let alone another Treebeard). As you say, Treebeard isn't that far in. You can catch up without any issues with the six month timeframe.

We can't tell what is on the devs' minds of course, but I don't think there's any chance for us to get a new legendary server in the coming months. My guess is that, at the very least, they'll wait for Anor and Shadowfax to become regular servers (maybe merging?) after reaching the latest expansion, which I reckon will probably happen roughly a year from now (that may vary depending on whether we get a new expansion this fall or not).

We have no plans for a new Legendary World in the next month, but we'll certainly have more Legendary Worlds in the future! Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    We have no plans for a new Legendary World in the next month, but we'll certainly have more Legendary Worlds in the future! Stay tuned.
    Could we instead get the legendary exclusive stuff on our normal server please

I'd like to know what the plans are for when the legendary worlds catch up with the live level cap? Or will they always be capped at "live-1 expansion"? Anor is in War of the Three Peaks after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenton_1 View Post
    I'd like to know what the plans are for when the legendary worlds catch up with the live level cap? Or will they always be capped at "live-1 expansion"? Anor is in War of the Three Peaks after all.
    You can always check out the interview regarding Anor here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXmaQwsk7eU&t=1680s

Spoilers... they don't know.

Join one of the many slow leveling groups on multiple live servers. Treebeard is turbocharged compared to some of them.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I hope "future" doesn't mean near future. There often aren't enough people on the entire Shadowfax server to fill a single raid, and Treebeard's population continues to dwindle. Yes, it will get a boost once Mirkwood comes out but I fear by the time we get to Rohan TB will be at an all time low unless we get some real repeatable content (i.e. PvMP) on the server. Adding another legendary server will just further thin out the population, and I'd suggest not even thinking about this until Treebeard gets to 105 cap and hopefully stabilizes after Rohan.

I'm sure you know this already, Raninia, but the general sentiment from legendary server players is that SSG is using these servers to milk players for whatever they can before said players move on. There were thousands, maybe tens of thousands of players who subbed VIP and joined Anor/Ithil at launch. They were expecting balanced content, decent itemization, and PvMP. We got none of these and the populations dwindled down so badly over the years that now we hear things on Discord servers from employees at SSG like "Treebeard doesn't bring in enough revenue for us to consider PvMP". We are in this vicious cycle. SSG won't put any effort into the existing legendary servers because there aren't enough players, and players won't join them because SSG doesn't put any effort into them.

It would be wrong to launch another legendary server without actually putting in the effort to make it something sustainable. It's not a decent way to treat players who are and have been loyal to this game for many, many years. I can tell you now that if another legendary server goes live, you'll get a surge of players for the first 6 months who will pay for VIP, buy stat tomes, player housing, and other store items to get ahead. They'll jump into the Rift at level 50 and be sorely disappointed at the fact that a 12 person raid can be completed by 3 people, that crafted gear or random landscape drops is better than anything you could find in actual end game content, that PvMP doesn't exist, and that class balance isn't even remotely a thing.

You'll end up with another class of bitter players (albeit significantly smaller than the first class of Anor/Ithil and maybe half the size of the second class of Treebeard/Shadowfax) who will provide you a boost in short term revenue but quit LOTRO with a bad taste in their mouth.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Why would you request this? A server like Treebeard.. it exists already: Treebeard.
    You haven't missed a thing.

Why would you spread the very limited number of VIPs even further? There's an average of 150-170 players on at Treebeard, went down from 450+ first weeks to 250+ and now 150-170.
    We should have learnt from Anor/Ithil/Bombadil.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I hope "future" doesn't mean near future. There often aren't enough people on the entire Shadowfax server to fill a single raid, and Treebeard's population continues to dwindle. Yes, it will get a boost once Mirkwood comes out but I fear by the time we get to Rohan TB will be at an all time low unless we get some real repeatable content (i.e. PvMP) on the server. Adding another legendary server will just further thin out the population, and I'd suggest not even thinking about this until Treebeard gets to 105 cap and hopefully stabilizes after Rohan.

I'm sure you know this already, Raninia, but the general sentiment from legendary server players is that SSG is using these servers to milk players for whatever they can before said players move on. There were thousands, maybe tens of thousands of players who subbed VIP and joined Anor/Ithil at launch. They were expecting balanced content, decent itemization, and PvMP. We got none of these and the populations dwindled down so badly over the years that now we hear things on Discord servers from employees at SSG like "Treebeard doesn't bring in enough revenue for us to consider PvMP". We are in this vicious cycle. SSG won't put any effort into the existing legendary servers because there aren't enough players, and players won't join them because SSG doesn't put any effort into them.

It would be wrong to launch another legendary server without actually putting in the effort to make it something sustainable. It's not a decent way to treat players who are and have been loyal to this game for many, many years. I can tell you now that if another legendary server goes live, you'll get a surge of players for the first 6 months who will pay for VIP, buy stat tomes, player housing, and other store items to get ahead. They'll jump into the Rift at level 50 and be sorely disappointed at the fact that a 12 person raid can be completed by 3 people, that crafted gear or random landscape drops is better than anything you could find in actual end game content, that PvMP doesn't exist, and that class balance isn't even remotely a thing.

You'll end up with another class of bitter players (albeit significantly smaller than the first class of Anor/Ithil and maybe half the size of the second class of Treebeard/Shadowfax) who will provide you a boost in short term revenue but quit LOTRO with a bad taste in their mouth.
    I hear your concerns, and we're working to address them, but it's an ongoing thing. A lot of stuff that hasn't worked well at lower caps hasn't worked well for a long time, and it's an expensive project. Changes will hopefully come in slices, but they will come.

As for PvMP on these worlds - I have no idea where that quote comes from, it certainly doesn't come from me. Afaict, the biggest issues preventing PvMP from working correctly on lower caps. I'm also not confident that having lower levelled PvMP would magically see more players on Legendary Worlds for that purpose, because we don't see that behavior on live. But that's academic, first we'd have to solve the technical constraints, not to mention the "How do we want to deal with PvMP" questions that Orion is tackling atm.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I hear your concerns, and we're working to address them, but it's an ongoing thing. A lot of stuff that hasn't worked well at lower caps hasn't worked well for a long time, and it's an expensive project. Changes will hopefully come in slices, but they will come.

As for PvMP on these worlds - I have no idea where that quote comes from, it certainly doesn't come from me. Afaict, the biggest issues preventing PvMP from working correctly on lower caps. I'm also not confident that having lower levelled PvMP would magically see more players on Legendary Worlds for that purpose, because we don't see that behavior on live. But that's academic, first we'd have to solve the technical constraints, not to mention the "How do we want to deal with PvMP" questions that Orion is tackling atm.
    As always appreciate your engagement here and I understand it's not an easy problem to solve. Agreed that PvMP won't magically fix things, but it will certainly be one step in the right direction. Ideally whatever Orion does with PvMP can incorporate some form of detaching live game systems that are constantly being upgraded (LIs, gear, trait points, etc.) from the Moors. This would keep PvMP from constantly needing to be rebalanced over time and perhaps make it easier to have a level agnostic experience. Such a change could kill multiple birds with one stone: Less work to maintain over time, more accessible to broader range of players, improving legendary server experience, etc.

As for the quote, I should have said former employee, and regardless there's nothing out of line or unexpected with anything said.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Treebeard will be my last and when gone from it will be my fairwell to game

Sick of going on legendary spending a lot of money then server starts dying and to make matters worse SSG making things more difficult for legendary servers struggling to get enough scripts (pricing way too high)... having 85-115 heritages in 60 instances and raids, still not fixing the Helegrod boxes to be more level appropriate rewards missed the day there was good stuff in the boxes and people wanted to do the runs and last but certainly not least - taking out the reputation accelerators...

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post

/clap for honesty and pure truth, this is how i felt pretty much , its just very very odd compared how it was, bizarre all these little things u said they make perfect sense :c the problem with six months on mirkwood that is too long, since classes are so super op and everything goes so fast with new LI's and such i fear population will be low even after a month players will get bored , what i noticed that lot are rushing and competing for what is supose to be slow server Treebeard? the more i hear and play on legen server less things i can warp around, there is just so much balance issues i cannot see what is actually unique there apart of cap level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherush View Post
    Sick of going on legendary spending a lot of money then server starts dying and to make matters worse SSG making things more difficult for legendary servers struggling to get enough scripts (pricing way too high)... having 85-115 heritages in 60 instances and raids, still not fixing the Helegrod boxes to be more level appropriate rewards missed the day there was good stuff in the boxes and people wanted to do the runs and last but certainly not least - taking out the reputation accelerators...
    this im legit afraid of investing in leg server grinding and such buying home, making friends, joining kin ,progressing and then to Treebeard to have eventually same fate as Ithil , Shadowfax with either massive pop drop, closure and just almost impossible to find a group, i dont understand why to add more servers , ithil died, shadowfax is pretty much beating dead horse .. i can see players can get disappointed and very sad to see things breaking apart like that and worse of all money, and then what happens to chars? u have to transfer to other worlds.

thats not fair thats putting it mildly