We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

As 2022 what can we do as a warden ?

So I am still leveling my warden and I am wondering what are we good at max level?
    Is tanking viable? Also when dpsing is melee DPS good or i should focus on ranged ?
    Thanks for the info.
    Cheers,

I am atm not in the game, but the warden was a strong damagedealer in the last 3 raids

Remmorchant (with corruption removal at the last boss)
    Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold (as bleed and bleed spreader)
    The Fall of Khazad-dûm (also as tank useable; could keep the debuffs also up)

atm he is not in a good shape.

We lack in selfhealing and the bossfight mechanics are very often, that you cant dodge, bock, or evade the spike damage (in the balrog fight is was possible, half the attacks could be prevent).
    the damage of the hunters are atm in a good shape, and they do not need to go in melee.

Play it in red and try it in yellow as melee warden. Use the master gambit cd reduction so you can maybe spam many gambits when it procs.
    (i should have a look, not very firm without the remmo armor, but with the LI legacy (Master gambits cd reduction))

Yellow does all right adding DPS, especially in long fights. It's never the star of the show, but it helps out. I'm not experienced enough with blue or red to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    I am atm not in the game, but the warden was a strong damage dealer in the last 3 raids

Remmorchant (with corruption removal at the last boss)
    Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold (as bleed and bleed spreader)
    The Fall of Khazad-dûm (also as tank useable; could keep the debuffs also up)

atm, he is not in a good shape.

We lack self-healing and the boss fight mechanics are very often, that you cant dodge, bock, or evade the spike damage (in the balrog fight it was possible, half the attacks could be prevented).
    the damage of the hunters are atm in a good shape, and they do not need to go in melee.

Play it in red and try it in yellow as melee warden. Use the master gambit cd reduction so you can maybe spam many gambits when it procs.
    (i should have a look, not very firm without the remmo armor, but with the LI legacy (Master gambits cd reduction))
    I am leveling as blue, it helps with group quests. Also, I am getting lag when questing, not all the time but there are times I have to wait 20 seconds before things got moving again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewedi View Post
    I am leveling as blue, it helps with group quests. Also, I am getting lag when questing, not all the time but there are times I have to wait 20 seconds before things got moving again.
    I used all colors, even when i start to use yellow very late. (start in Remmo with a new Warden (have some))
    You need some skillpoints to use some good mixed setups.
    In Red you get the Options to enhance your bleeding, but while leveling you have not much bleed damage sources.

Blue is very fine and strong. You have the moral leaches and the light type damage bonus.
    Yellow becomes good if you can use the capstone and use much of the Bleedings from the red Tree.
    In Red you want also the lighttype damage bonus from the blue tree.

You cant get everything and you have to choose, what gets you the greates benefits (and the raid/fellowship).
    Switching in different level areas are a good way to see, what the other trees will offer you.
    if you start to play with other player and you are not the tank, then be able so switch the tree :-)

At the End (level 130) i get the best results in Yellow.
    You have to do the most and your damage also depends a bit on the proc luck, but if much goes right, then your outcome is very nice.
    In Yellow you should use a lot of stances swaping (swithing between the stances), so you can create procs with your range gambits to use master gambits without (or nearly without) cooldowns in melee stance.
    If that happens, you can setup many, many bleeds.
    In Addition you can start doing damage while running to your enemies.

The whole thing also depends on fights that takes some time.
    When you leveling, then you have seldom strong and longer fights. In short fights your bleeds have often not enough time to tick often.

The other Side:
    If you have so strong lags, around 20sec, then maybe is the warden a bad choice.
    Many of the Gambits you build up will be get broken, as the keystrokes you do, the server wont get. In 20sec mainly a whole Rotation falls of the enemy.

But if you have enough fun, then stay with the Warden it is a nice class and i have many, many good memories on my first Hobbit Warden, that i played up to 75.
    (I use the EXP disabler on her.)

The advent of fat, stinky Dorf Wardens is one final insult to the class.

I'm glad I won't be around by the time it goes live.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    The advent of fat, stinky Dorf Wardens is one final insult ...
    It's strange that this person imagines that all Dwarves stink, thinks they all look fat, and this imaginary combination was so offensive they needed to post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    It's strange that this person imagines that all Dwarves stink, thinks they all look fat, and this imaginary combination was so offensive they needed to post about it.
    Well, I didn't mean to minimize their many other repulsive characteristics, but they do, they do, and they are.

Dorfs are not people.

They're abominations created in an act of sacrilege, intended to usurp Middle-earth from its rightful occupants (the Children of Illuvatar).

Dorfs have been getting their fat butts kicked since (almost) the beginning of time. The first conscious act of the "mighty" so-called Dorf fathers was to cower in fear. There's no way they could earn a place in the elite corps of Wardens. The original class design understood this clearly. From the time the Fellowship left Rivendell, right up to the battle at the Black Gate, nobody ever saw a Dorf warden. Not. One. But now that Sauron is defeated, and the fighting is over, these fake Dorf "wardens" come out of hiding. Typical!

< No Dorfs >

They're abominations created in an act of sacrilege, intended to usurp Middle-earth from its rightful occupants (the Children of Illuvatar).
    Incorrect. If you read your history, Aule created them out of innocent love, and was ready to destroy them when he realized his grave error. Illuvatar had mercy on Aule and on his creations and allowed them to exist. If Illuvatar welcomed them into creation, who are you to dispute that?

Perhaps you see yourself as a Elf or a Man and you've let a bit of fantasy prejudice get in the way- but bear in mind that the Council of the Wise, the Valar, and Illuvatar himself do not agree with you.

10. Jun 29 2022, 12:24 PM

Incorrect. If you read your history, Aule created them out of innocent love, and was ready to destroy them when he realized his grave error. Illuvatar had mercy on Aule and on his creations and allowed them to exist. If Illuvatar welcomed them into creation, who are you to dispute that?
    That's Aule's story. The perpetrator. Sauron's original mentor. Of course he sugar-coated it to cover up his guilt and shame.

A more plausible explanation for Illuvatar's "mercy" was that he left the vile, misshapen Dorfs around as an example for the other Valar not to repeat the same mistake, and to help remind Aule of his proper place in the future.

Perhaps you see yourself as a Elf or a Man and you've let a bit of fantasy prejudice get in the way- but bear in mind that the Council of the Wise, the Valar, and Illuvatar himself do not agree with you.
    We have no direct knowledge of what Illuvatar or the Valar (except for the perpetrator) think about any of this.

You probably believe Gloin's fable at the Council of Elrond too. It was the sneaky, greedy Dorfs who sold Sauron Bilbo's name and the location of the Shire. Obviously.

< No Dorfs >

That's Aule's story. The perpetrator. Sauron's original mentor. Of course he sugar-coated it to cover up his guilt and shame.

A more plausible explanation for Illuvatar's "mercy" was that he left the vile, misshapen Dorfs around as an example for the other Valar not to repeat the same mistake, and to help remind Aule of his proper place in the future.

We have no direct knowledge of what Illuvatar or the Valar (except for the perpetrator) think about any of this.

You probably believe Gloin's fable at the Council of Elrond too. It was the sneaky, greedy Dorfs who sold Sauron Bilbo's name and the location of the Shire. Obviously.
    I read somewhere that you're thinking of leaving LOTRO soon, Laguna. Please don't go, I enjoy your posts so much!
    edit: Yours too, Halphast, but I haven't heard that you're going anywhere, so...