We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is required to earn LIxp?

It seems that my level 50 hunter questing in Forochel not having done the Moria intro and wearing the stone of the tortoise doesn't earn any xp.

Is the intro required?
    Are LIxp quests required?
    Is a certain level required?

What exactly are the requirements to earn it? Because the reward track states that any character can earn xp and claim the rewards.

If you can access the Reward Track, then you should be able to earn legendary experience. If you cannot access it, then you must obtain the title that allows you to use legendary items (through the Moria introduction or inside the Valar package). This has been changed so you can complete the questline at a minimum of level 45. This does not mean that all quests will suddenly give you legendary experience. For example, missions that are set at level 45 are not eligible because they are under level 50 (the original and real designated level of the legendary system). However, any quests inside Moria will provide it since you can complete those 5 levels under their designated level.

You can't access the reward track, hence earn IXP if you haven't gone through the Moria intro.

WJ is talking about the Seeker of Deep Places trait. Completing Moria intro is the traditional way to earn it, although valars also provide this trait to facilitate LI usage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

While I understand the restriction, it is not made clear in the reward track itself which states that any character can earn for it. But it also is discouraging to follow the epic to the end and finish Eriador. I have to skip ahead of the story to do the intro. Of cause, I can go back then which also interrupts the flow of the Moria epic. What only affected the character itself now is affecting the whole account. Leave it to SSG to mess up their own story.

Guess levelling new characters through Eriador is discouraged as well since they do nothing to add to the reward track. With the little time I have I'm basically "forced" to play characters who already have LIs. That wouldn't be a problem if the reward track only would have LI items but that is not the case. There are figment boxes and now even cosmetic and pet which I can't get playing as I do. There is hoping Midsummer is helping with lots of LIxp since I play that on 3-4 characters.

Thank you for the clarification. At least I don't have to check the track.
    Last edited by wispsong; May 22 2022 at 04:32 PM.

I get your point. I have been leveling up a new toon using a tortoise stone to stay on level. I went ahead and did the Moria Intro at 45 before continuing with Vol 1 of the Epic just to get the LIs and open that toon up to earning IXP for reward track. Without the impetus of Reward Track I think I would have waited until Level 50 to go to the Moria Intro. It isn't a big deal but it did require a little shifting around.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    For example, missions that are set at level 45 are not eligible because they are under level 50 (the original and real designated level of the legendary system). However, any quests inside Moria will provide it since you can complete those 5 levels under their designated level.
    Missions at 45 in Wildwood do, my hobbit burglar can attest to that, as she has been there for many months.

It's not just the intro that needs to be done, quested with my LIs through Eregion and barely got any IXP. At this point I belief that they want to discourage us to play new characters. What at one time just affected the character now affects the whole account.

This is the LI track, the fluff shouldn't be at the last 50 levels of it but the first and the further you get the better the rewards for your LI.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    It seems that my level 50 hunter questing in Forochel not having done the Moria intro and wearing the stone of the tortoise doesn't earn any xp.

Is the intro required?
    Are LIxp quests required?
    Is a certain level required?

What exactly are the requirements to earn it? Because the reward track states that any character can earn xp and claim the rewards.
    It may have been changed since the last patch, but the reward track now makes explicit that one needs to complete the deed "Seeker of Deep Places." You don't have to finish all of Moria, just the introductory quests to open it. Not that big a deal, imho. YMMV, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    It may have been changed since the last patch, but the reward track now makes explicit that one needs to complete the deed "Seeker of Deep Places." You don't have to finish all of Moria, just the introductory quests to open it. Not that big a deal, imho. YMMV, as always.
    I did the intro for Moria, quested through nearly all of Eregion and not even a level of ixp. It seems to me that not only "Seeker of Deep Places" is required but also questing in Moria and beyond. Since missions were added later they might also give ixp.

No big deal if they wouldn't put fluff at the end of the LI reward track. I can do without the traceries since a new track will come after this one but the donkey and hobbit dance are another story. In the limited time I have I'm basically told to play characters in higher level areas and forget Eriador (accept Enedwaith and Dunland). At this time I'm just at lvl 5 thanks to a few missions I did on my 130 LM.
    Last edited by wispsong; May 29 2022 at 12:50 PM.