We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Patch tomorrow

This thread is still relevant IMO. While I understand these changes have been coming for years. Loot box keys were our first clue after Mordor. Things have definitely picked up speed here in the conversion to moving any and everything to the LOTRO store.

Last patch was rep tomes.

The most recent patch:

Raid groups on landscape nerfed

Raid groups in the Moors nerfed

In game food nerfed

Barter for end game raid completion - odd and sort of nerfed

Incomplete patch notes and silence from SSG.

LOTRO has lost its glow with changes like this that discourage groups and other recent changes too numerous to list. It has nothing special to offer anymore. It is another run of the mill game with cartoon characters and a store to meet all of our in game needs. Game play and group content not required. Store purchases necessary for enjoyment and progression.

SSG does not have time to fix the lag but they have time to nerf groups, nerf food, nerf who knows what else, etc. If the lag and performance issues were just at end game that might be a good strategy. Get people there before they find out how poorly the game performs. Since lag is everywhere from beginning to end game it will probably be a bit less effective.

One would think SSG would encourage groups and group content in an MMO but I am obviously old school there.

The supporter packs seemed like a great step in the right direction. Give players something to buy that is not P2W and is worth spending money. Then people found the food was nerfed.

SSG seems to be combining all pay platforms from all game types into one game. Pay for content. Pay for subs. Pay for loot boxes. Pay for in game quality of life items. Pay to get to the end game. (Paying for cosmetics, mounts, pets and housing items is the only one I am not criticizing. That type of purchase makes sense to me.) This current move to micro transactions also says a lot about what SSG thinks of the intelligence level of the player base. I feel insulted that they appear to believe I will mindlessly point and click and give them my money for nothing in return.

All performance issues, bug and problems will be fixed soon. Movement of in game quality of life items to the store will happen soon. Soon has so many different meanings.

Next patch and update should be a real winner. Can't wait to see what they move to a click here and pay button. If they didn't get something you like this time, wait. It is coming to the LOTRO store soon. On a positive note log in issues and lag are free.....currently.
    Last edited by Neinda; Jul 21 2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Wait, crafting guilds is now a problem? You can still get 10,000 rep guild tokens from doing the mission weeklies. Which by the way are bind to account. So you can do them on all your characters and easily send them to one you really want to level up.
    Is there a reason to level crafting and crafting guild rep anymore? Nothing much useful at end game in any craft except tomes, hope tokens and food. They don't require guild rep. Food was useful at one point but now that it is nerfed not sure if crafting is even something people would do or spend any time on now. If food is nerfed I expect the tomes and tokens to nerf soon. Those are easily replaced with store items. If mits were actually nerfed as some are saying, the tomes and food items will become a necessity for any end game instance content above T1. If I am wrong on nerfs, my apologies. I am just going on forum comments so I could be misunderstanding the whole update. I have not been in game since the nerfs and I am not due to log in again for my once a week until next week. Nothing in this update to make me want to log on sooner.

Continued Crafting - Because of that one recipe that will get implement that undermines something in game.

Continued Guild Crafting - Ditto. All those tokens from missions at least stack and is only a few to store.

Rather use nerfed crafted food to bump regen so I don't have to bump the stats. 200% of diddly-swat is still diddy-swat. More for those encounters/instances that steals all power because they are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    This thread is still relevant IMO. While I understand these changes have been coming for years. Loot box keys were our first clue after Mordor. Things have definitely picked up speed here in the conversion to moving any and everything to the LOTRO store.

Last patch was rep tomes.

The most recent patch:

Raid groups on landscape nerfed

Raid groups in the Moors nerfed

In game food nerfed

Barter for end game raid completion - odd and sort of nerfed

Incomplete patch notes and silence from SSG.

LOTRO has lost its glow with changes like this that discourage groups and other recent changes too numerous to list. It has nothing special to offer anymore. It is another run of the mill game with cartoon characters and a store to meet all of our in game needs. Game play and group content not required. Store purchases necessary for enjoyment and progression.
    Add to the list of most recent items removed in this patch are the heritage runes that they took out of hard fought to win boss chests.

Combat with the same hard to fight bosses with less health and power regeneration gains from nerfed food and character virtues sounds like so much fun in the wrong direction. I tried and it's less fun.

I'd like to know what we are getting back. With recent changes to the staff does it now open the door to some greater communication regarding upcoming changes or will they continue to be sprung on us. I have noticed the team being a bit more active the last week or so.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    I'd like to know what we are getting back. With recent changes to the staff does it now open the door to some greater communication regarding upcoming changes or will they continue to be sprung on us. I have noticed the team being a bit more active the last week or so.
    Patch notes are posted on Lotro.com. One of the biggest changes is reverting raid-wide rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Patch notes are posted on Lotro.com. One of the biggest changes is reverting raid-wide rewards.
    I'm quite aware of where the patch notes may be found but thankyou nonetheless. I'm not quite sure that reverting the changes to open tapping makes up for the removal of Heritage Runes and Rep Tomes.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

So, before these forums get locked I would like to remind many people are still disapointed if not agry that rep tomes and heritage runes were removed from skirmish camps.
    For me it's worst change since f2p started (that was when I also started playing Lotro).
    Bring them back please and make skirmish rewards great again in general (not only last released single skirm)!

Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    So, before these forums get locked I would like to remind many people are still disapointed if not agry that rep tomes and heritage runes were removed from skirmish camps.
    For me it's worst change since f2p started (that was when I also started playing Lotro).
    Bring them back please and make skirmish rewards great again in general (not only last released single skirm)!
    They never bring them back to skirmish camp because players have millions and millions marks/medalions

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They never bring them back to skirmish camp because players have millions and millions marks/medalions
    Why would that matter? Small rep accelerators aren't hurting anyone. Besides, SSG made them bound to account on acquire.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15