We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch tomorrow

Comments of others are mirroring my own, I agree with other fellow players, reverse decision to remove Small Reputation Acceleration Tome from the skirmish camp.
    Last edited by Mirhaen; May 24 2022 at 07:21 PM.

shame

I don't like the power to be at the head of the game making stupid decisions like this... I am sorry stop taking stuff away from players.

Everyone drop your vip subscriptions speak with your real life wallet, if enough people drop vip they're definitely gonna step back

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer View Post
    Everyone drop your vip subscriptions speak with your real life wallet, if enough people drop vip they're definitely gonna step back
    Already cancelled.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    They don't have time to properly balance the raid, fix broken trait lines, can't fix hrimil's wipe bug, and no time to waste on customer service responses.
    But they have the time to screw players over. Just gotta see how far they can push us and get away with it. Seems to be happening more often since Raninia joined.
    I don't think it is his fault. He is just doing the job he was hired for. If not he, it would be someone else with the same job.
    In my opinion, the problem sits at EG7. The same person, who was CEO of Daybreak for 6 years, is now the CEO of EG7, and he has to satisfy the investors, who bought Daybreak (and LOTRO). (search for the EG7 inventors papers to see what was promised to them).

Uninstalled.
    Going back to WoW. At least there they respect me as a person.

/s
    Last edited by Elesthor; May 25 2022 at 03:40 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer View Post
    Already cancelled!

I'd like to know if SSG even bothers to read our complaints

Why

What I would love to hear from them is why they would make this change. I'm not completely against them doing stuff like this if I could be convinced it would be for the betterment of the game. Transparency is what I am asking for I guess when it comes to making choices like this.

ps (and yes I get the general consensus from the rest of the forums for this change would be corporate greed but I would still like to hear them[ssg] out on this change and see what they say)

Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    They don't have time to properly balance the raid, fix broken trait lines, can't fix hrimil's wipe bug, and no time to waste on customer service responses.
    But they have the time to screw players over. Just gotta see how far they can push us and get away with it. Seems to be happening more often since Raninia joined.
    Raninia does seem to be a problem, or at least those that pay his paycheck.

I’m upset about this, but I also think it’s important to remain level headed when presenting one’s side of things. I’m not going to drop my sub over this. The game is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostro44 View Post
    And almost no warning this was going to happen - a lot of people are not going to find out about it until they come to want some more tomes, then they're going to be very angry. One more useful item removed from the game.
    Why did we not see this coming ?
    ohh right !! its not normal to expect the worst from an organization ..

I'm not fond of this upcoming change to the worse.
    The grind for some of the rep factions is already bad enough without accelerators.

Just resubbed with the anniversary but I see it's time to cancel my sub again.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Because as usual, a few players with millions of marks ruin it for the rest of us.

First they put level restrictions on rep items, because it was too easy to get full kindred on a just born toon and as such getting lots of LP.
    Then that wasn't enough and they added a quest line for each rep item that you have to complete first before you can use them.
    Then that wasn't enough so they slowed people down by putting the reputations accelerators to bound to account, where they could be freely traded before.
    And apparently that wasn't restrictive enough so they are removing them completely.

There are players that probably create a toon, craft them to level 20, then do the quest really quick, use their millions of marks to barter for mathoms, and then get 50 LP from getting kindred, delete the toon, and do it again. Its easy to level to 20 while working from home on crafting so they can probably do this 5 times a day with lotro running in the back ground.

And the solution to stop them is SO simple: DISABLE CRAFTING EXP!

1) Keep the level restrictions for rep items in place.
    2) Remove the stupid quests you have to do before using rep items.
    3) Completely remove experience from crafting so people actually have to play/kill things to get to level 20.
    4) Keep the reputation tomes on the skirmish vendors.

These problems all started with crafting experience. When people actually have to play the game to GET to level 20 and above, they are much less enticed to make quick Beornings (5 minute intro) just to craft them up to level 20-ish.

I think it is probably a few individuals that ruin it for the rest of us, and they can't seem to figure out how to allow us "regular casual" folks to still have nice things.
    But they read these forums like it's all gobbledygook and it largely is going by this move. With the greedy dumb players SSG have pandered to and getting off on their devoted praising, ofc you are going to systematically break the game, if you were clueless in the first place.

I grumbled about the previous changes to rep accelerators in the skirm camp (and rep items) but I learned to live with it (I wasn't one who was endlessly re-rolling toons to farm LP from rep anyway). Removing them from the skirm camp completely is a pretty #### move honestly. Maybe people with lots of alts appreciate the ability to spend some of their marks/ meds (which otherwise probably sit around collecting dust) on an item that can help shorten the rep grinds on their umpteenth toon (or whatever). Now the only options will be the store (/puke) and a couple weekly quests for doing missions that will allow us to possibly get TWO small tomes per week per toon. Yeah I'm not going to grind missions endlessly on my 4 accounts just to get a handful of them, thanks. Seriously, reconsider this.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone

Personally I don't understand. What purpose does it server to take this away? It just makes it harder to get rep, and the only other option is to do missions, which can be a hassle and time consuming, or paying real life money. Wish there was at least a justification, but mostly it just seems like they want us to have to pay for rep.

One more reason to leave.

It was really annoying back when the tomes were made bound to account, i didn't buy many from other people. but it was nice to have that option.
    now a days it was the only thing to spend marks/medallions on after the LI change. now there is nothing to do with this whole system.
    I love the skirmishes, but now there is ZERO reason to really run them. when the currency is useless. The fact that regular instances give them for killing bosses, what are we going to do with them now?
    What are the thought processes behind doing stuff like this? was this mentioned in Cords stream last week?

I've wanted to be able to go back and finish old zones, and get full rep on my Main toon, now i will probably never go back and experience all the world of LOTRO has to offer. thanks for killing any dream of doing that.

LOL - WOW Respect Players Like a Person

Quote Originally Posted by Elesthor View Post
    Uninstalled.
    Going back to WoW. At least there they respect me as a person.
    That's about the funniest or most naive statement I have seen in gaming in years. Blizzard only cared about one thing and that was subscriptions. They allowed the Chinese to subscribe for the equivalent of $3.15 per month while North America was charged a minimum of $15.95 for a single month. Catered to Gold Farmers until they too "abundant".

Great laugh of the day for me.

Thanks...

I hope you all appreciate that the Store is getting a "TA DA" Performance Improvement in the Patch. And Usability update.

I made copies of my ini files too, just saying.

Yea! Bridles. With this rep tome farrago they are hardly demonstrating much understanding of their game, could be sliding them in on the quiet and doing one of those "listening to the players" roll back on tomes, to dodge one, I suppose.

The announcement that all rep grinds, present and future, are to be halved across the board would be a good move. Perhaps Cord left that out of the patch notes? Can't have much rep anywhere to have context to relevance.
    Last edited by DoRonRon; May 24 2022 at 10:30 PM.

I'm gonna assume that part of this is because they want more data on Missions. *shrug* And, of course, some store traffic. As someone who's never reached late game or endgame, I've never bothered to get acceleration tomes, (I didn't even know you could get them from skirmish camps) but this is definitely a curious change to see on the patch notes.

Edit: Oh, also, like someone said in the other thread: possibly some people abused rep tomes to earn LP from rep deeds. idk All these things at once.
    Last edited by Ethuilir; May 24 2022 at 11:00 PM.
    Been playing LOTRO on and off since 4/16/2013! | - Landroval, Laurelin -

*'Deceiver' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0RwCzh_xI - a LOTRO fan trailer I made, with voice acting attempt

Yeah once again we get the middle finger from SSG.

I foresee every rep grind going forward from this will go all the way to celebrated and the available rep from quests will only take you to half way to kindred.

Go to the store or else grind dailies until you are blue in the face and bald from ripping your hair out.

SSG- at least make it so that the rep reward vendors don't offer the same junk that they do now, make it worth the grind and remove the rep currency caps so rep currencies aren't wasted before we get to whatever tier we need to be able to barter for said junk.

Seriously who's asinine idea was this?

There's almost nothing at the Skirm Camp to barter for; taking away these tomes is a bad move. SSG, rethink this one.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Wow. They are removing rep tomes from skirmish camp? At least I happened to read this before they take servers down for update, so now I need to buy TONS of them while I still can!

Thing is, after they do that, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to buy from skirmish camp for average player that are at level cap or near it. Also, there is no use for skirmish marks or medallions.

This is one horribly bad move, I'll tell you that.

Now, IF they happened to add rep items for EVERY REPUTATION FACTION to skirmish camp vendors, then I wouldn't complain about this change at all. But I don't see them doing that...

adding to the list of people who have cancelled their subscription over this. it's #### like this that makes me want to take an extended break from this game.

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    I'm guessing this is another increment of Raninia's push to get players playing recent content.

This seems like a good idea in concept, but the more I see changes inching along, the more I think I disagree with this philosophically. LOTRO has a huge amount of content. That's a good thing. Skirmish marks are already rewards for playing recent content -- deeds reward marks all over the place. As of level 120 on Anor, I'm still being notified that I have a new skirmish available, so skirmishes themselves aren't ancient history either.

I think that getting fun rewards for playing all the content is a good thing. New content should be fun enough that folks want to play it. If you see players clustering at old content and not playing new stuff, that's definitely a sign there's something out-of-balance. I just don't think this stuff is the right solution. I *like* skirmishes. I want to continue to earn marks and get to spend them on fun stuff. Small reputation accelerator tomes seems like a small enough thing to dump skirmish marks into. It's not like I'm not also playing new content (well, new as of Anor, which is my home server). What SHOULD we be spending our skirmish marks on?

In addition to folks clustering in certain old content being a sign that something is out-of-balance, players collecting a gamewide currency like marks without something fun to spend them on ALSO seems like a sign that something is out-of-balance.
    Last edited by Echoweaver; May 25 2022 at 12:08 AM.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast