We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Epic Battle tutorial quest still around?

I've looked around and see that 'Erkenbrand's Messenger' near the Boar Fountain in Bree was removed so you cannot complete the quest sent out at level 10 via the mail "An Epic Battle Awaits".

However, I've also seen people mention that you can still obtain/complete the tutorial "Epic Battles: Basic Training (Instance)" by talking to someone around Helm's Deep. Where is this NPC in particular? Do you now have to be at a certain point of the epic? I am specifically curious on if whether or not the Epic Battles tutorial quest is still a thing. Thank you!

Cool Epic Battle training quest

The quest for the Epic battle in Bree is a training quest. When I started playing in 2016, it was one of those quests that bugged you cause you could run it 5 or 50 times and it would never complete. I thought it was a bug at first but then realized it is set up to give you the most opportunity to get as much out of the "training" as possible by not allowing you to complete it thereby removing it from something you can partake in. Once you have run it once to get the gist of it, anymore runs are up to you on that or any other character.

You will get considerably more out of training with a higher level player that has run it to level their Epic Battle panel than you will out of that training quest. And you will get points added to your panel in the process of learning the ropes. It is a win in every way.

Pst... keep in mind there are 2 trait points locked behind these battles. obtaining 100 and 200 Epic Battle promotion points will earn you a class trait point each. along side some pretty good jewelry and other goodies along the way. I hope this sheds some light on your question. Good luck to you and most importantly, have fun in Middle Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozies View Post
    I've looked around and see that 'Erkenbrand's Messenger' near the Boar Fountain in Bree was removed so you cannot complete the quest sent out at level 10 via the mail "An Epic Battle Awaits".

However, I've also seen people mention that you can still obtain/complete the tutorial "Epic Battles: Basic Training (Instance)" by talking to someone around Helm's Deep. Where is this NPC in particular? Do you now have to be at a certain point of the epic? I am specifically curious on if whether or not the Epic Battles tutorial quest is still a thing. Thank you!
    IIRC, Gamling in Helm's Deep used to offer it. (He was positioned close to the items that let you time-shift.) This wiki page discusses it, but I don't know if it's up to date. I would also imagine it requires you to follow the Epic Quest line. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que..._Night_Deepens