We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beorning = favorite/easiest class for solo play

Once I could purchase Gundabad using Lotro Points have been slowly leveling my toons to 140. After leveling my Hunter, Captain (for years my main), Warden, Burglar, Runekeeper have been working on my Beorning. So far leveling my Beorning solo has been the easiest, even easier than Hunter who can with regularly kill mobs before they get into melee range. I had a little trouble with Tombs of the Old Lords mainly when a tomb had Dwarf Wights. My Beorning? Super easy, barely an inconvenience. Slicer the Stonejaw that sometimes defeated my toons with nasty bleeds so had to try again with a different approach? One and done.

I used to think Warden was the easiest class for solo play. Then Burglar. Now? I would say Beorning. Mows through mobs, takes a beating, keeps on lumbering.
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)

Yep, Its one of those things people point out about Classes, Hunters pew pew, Champs Shing Shing and Beornings don't die.

Soon as someone gets the Class, there almost always like "Holy Cow, they weren't kidding!"

Love the Class, Hope they keep that surviability.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    Once I could purchase Gundabad using Lotro Points have been slowly leveling my toons to 140. After leveling my Hunter, Captain (for years my main), Warden, Burglar, Runekeeper have been working on my Beorning. So far leveling my Beorning solo has been the easiest, even easier than Hunter who can with regularly kill mobs before they get into melee range. I had a little trouble with Tombs of the Old Lords mainly when a tomb had Dwarf Wights. My Beorning? Super easy, barely an inconvenience. Slicer the Stonejaw that sometimes defeated my toons with nasty bleeds so had to try again with a different approach? One and done.

I used to think Warden was the easiest class for solo play. Then Burglar. Now? I would say Beorning. Mows through mobs, takes a beating, keeps on lumbering.
    What trait line did you use?
    I'm thinking about trying Beorning. Is class "easy" from start to finish or does it need some time (levels) to shine?

Completely agree. When I first started playing, I leveled every class to 20 to see what I enjoyed most and beornings are simply the all-around best. I hope that doesn't change. I'm a very 'casual' player and sometimes normal gameplay for other people can be a nightmare for me. Survivability is paramount. But the highest level I've yet to achieve in this game is 85, so I can't speak towards end-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Deana007 View Post
    What trait line did you use?
    I'm thinking about trying Beorning. Is class "easy" from start to finish or does it need some time (levels) to shine?
    Great question. Sorry I didn't notice your question until today. It's been two or three years, I don't remember clearly. I think it was easy from start to finish. But when I got to 130 *wow* they really start to shine because you can delve into yellow line and some into blue. Since 2015 have only played solo so can't comment on playing in yellow or even blue line.

What was most challenging was (1) setting up skill bars so they work well when (2) switching between Man and Bear forms. For a long time ran mostly in Man. Now mostly in Bear but switch to Man for certain skills.

(My original post was before I finally leveled up a Brawler. Dang. What a crazy sick awesome solo class. If bears > Beornings then tasmanian devils > Brawlers. A one toon wrecking machine that gives a beating and is seldom if ever beaten. One big difference however is Brawler's don't heal.)
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)