We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    344

    How do I install plugins -- what am I missing

    I hope people actually read this forum.

    I tried to install some plugins for the first time last night but can get get them to even appear.

    I followed (as best as I can tell) the documentation on lotto-interface. Here is what I did.

    I created a directory named Plugins in my LOTRO use directory. I unzipped the plugins to that location. I stared the game client and opened the plugin manager. It was empty. No plugins showed up to load. Clicking the refresh button did not help. Next, I dug deeper into the unzipped content. I found that the actual plugins directory was a couple levels deeper with two .plugin files. So, I tried moving the plugin folders and two files up to the Plugins directory level. Still nothing.

    I have no idea what I'm missing here.

    There was already another directory called Plugindata. Has there been a change in how to install/enable these and you now put them there?

    If it helps I am running on Windows 11 and the 64 bit client.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    996
    Pretty sure you're all right in ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins (I am on a macos so may look different than Windows). So, for example, my AltInventory plugin by Garan would reside in ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins/GaranStuff/.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    Pretty sure you're all right in ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins (I am on a macos so may look different than Windows). So, for example, my AltInventory plugin by Garan would reside in ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins/GaranStuff/.
    That is where I have put things, but the game finds no plugins. Weird.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,171
    You can bypass the manual installation of most plugins by using LOTRO Plugin Compendium. It's a standalone executable that runs outside of the game. It will display a listing of plugins available to download (with links to their pages on LOTROInterface.com) and you can just checkmark the plugins to install and then hit the button to install them. It'll download, unzip and place the files in the proper place.

    Download it here and install it: LOTRO Plugin Compendium


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    You can bypass the manual installation of most plugins by using LOTRO Plugin Compendium. It's a standalone executable that runs outside of the game. It will display a listing of plugins available to download (with links to their pages on LOTROInterface.com) and you can just checkmark the plugins to install and then hit the button to install them. It'll download, unzip and place the files in the proper place.

    Download it here and install it: LOTRO Plugin Compendium
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
    Just FYI, the Compendium will ask you to specify the path to your plugins folder the first time you run it, iirc. Just make sure it's the correct path.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    344
    The Compendium program worked and now I understand the directory structure.

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    You can bypass the manual installation of most plugins by using LOTRO Plugin Compendium. It's a standalone executable that runs outside of the game. It will display a listing of plugins available to download (with links to their pages on LOTROInterface.com) and you can just checkmark the plugins to install and then hit the button to install them. It'll download, unzip and place the files in the proper place.

    Download it here and install it: LOTRO Plugin Compendium

    As a returning player, this is what I used and it makes things much, much easier to handle. It even highlights already installed plugins with available updates in yellow! It's pretty fantastic and a big thanks to the creators and contributors.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload