We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Endgame 140 Gear - B R A C E L E T S

Surely I can't be the only player who missed Storvagun this last winter and as such am now penalised for it by having no choices for good bracelets at end-game as a tank? We're like 8 months into this expansion and still the best in slot item aside from a seasonal event item is a yellow piece with finesse on it, from a barterer?

If you didn't do Storvagun you're at a 50k morale disadvantage alongside a significant (100k+) Tactical Mit disadvantage, 2.5 to 3 essences worth of mits and a further few essences of Vitality.

I can equip the yellow bartered bracelets with a single slot, if I want incoming healing and finesse, but as someone with Tier 5 Remm bracelets from 130, I stand to lose 50k Tactical Mit and 1.5k Vitality, so, why would I do that?

The 140 Adventurer's gear bracelets give even less Vitality than the 130 Remm ones, AND no Tactical Mit at all, AND give Parry and Block rating, which doesn't function on any bosses where damage taken matters.

So my questions:

- When will 140 bracelets that aren't a poor-man's option be implemented, if ever?
    - Why are bracelets the only piece of gear that at 140 doesn't have a decent teal option? Literally every other piece of gear you can get from the raid except bracelets.
    - Why are amazing, BiS pieces of gear continually tied to limited time events that not all players can commit to completing, and then wind up disadvantaged because of this? *

* If you must have seasonal events provide BiS equipment (Thrang, Red Maid, Storvagun) just allow players to use a reflecting pool to complete the last season's set once per character.

I'm sure they had more ambitious plans for end game but due to staff departures and trying to accommodate new players joining from the furore of the anniversary, those plans have fell flat. Perhaps they will take it as a learning experience and make sure the first raid at 150 has a loot table and boss roster akin to Remmo. You know, teal everything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by KillAllFrep View Post
    Surely I can't be the only player who missed Storvagun this last winter and as such am now penalised for it by having no choices for good bracelets at end-game as a tank? We're like 8 months into this expansion and still the best in slot item aside from a seasonal event item is a yellow piece with finesse on it, from a barterer?

If you didn't do Storvagun you're at a 50k morale disadvantage alongside a significant (100k+) Tactical Mit disadvantage, 2.5 to 3 essences worth of mits and a further few essences of Vitality.

I can equip the yellow bartered bracelets with a single slot, if I want incoming healing and finesse, but as someone with Tier 5 Remm bracelets from 130, I stand to lose 50k Tactical Mit and 1.5k Vitality, so, why would I do that?

The 140 Adventurer's gear bracelets give even less Vitality than the 130 Remm ones, AND no Tactical Mit at all, AND give Parry and Block rating, which doesn't function on any bosses where damage taken matters.

So my questions:

- When will 140 bracelets that aren't a poor-man's option be implemented, if ever?
    - Why are bracelets the only piece of gear that at 140 doesn't have a decent teal option? Literally every other piece of gear you can get from the raid except bracelets.
    - Why are amazing, BiS pieces of gear continually tied to limited time events that not all players can commit to completing, and then wind up disadvantaged because of this? *

* If you must have seasonal events provide BiS equipment (Thrang, Red Maid, Storvagun) just allow players to use a reflecting pool to complete the last season's set once per character.
    The will bracelets from the box are BIS for Rk, Mini LM and Bear.

The might bracelets are BIS for dpsers.

The tank bracelets do indeed suck from the box and for agi dpsers, but the adventurers box are BIS for like half the classes in the game. Tank stats are so bloated anyway, you don't use any essences except Vitality and the two trigger mit essences, so yeah you'd just have to lose a couple of vitality essences.

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

So my questions:

Will

10,095 Will, 8,466 Vitality, 103065 Finesse, 29086 Crit

Might

10,095 Might, 11,637 Vitality, 6,047 Fate, 34,661 Phys Mastery

I've thought about this for awhile and I still say they never intended to have all the best gear out immediately with the expansion. It was like they planned out this whole year of times people could get "better" gear. If you choose not to participate, then you lose out. High incentive right there to log in at odd times of the year. However, the RNG change - a low one at that - was not something I expected. I've heard lots of people say that they have no reason to do the festivals now that they removed legendary equipment from the barterer. So, they needed to give out something else to keep people playing.

I'm not saying this is a good idea. I'd much rather see them use the festival gear as the catch-up mechanic. But then the raiders don't have a reason to log in. An alternative theory is that they did plan to have additions to the loot table with another instance, before they lost the designer. Then they had to give better gear from the festival to make up the lost.

Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    The will bracelets from the box are BIS for Rk, Mini LM and Bear.

The might bracelets are BIS for dpsers.

The tank bracelets do indeed suck from the box and for agi dpsers, but the adventurers box are BIS for like half the classes in the game. Tank stats are so bloated anyway, you don't use any essences except Vitality and the two trigger mit essences, so yeah you'd just have to lose a couple of vitality essences.
    Correction, the bracelets for agi dpsers are extremely close to the storv bracelets. Just the tank ones suck.

...The tank bracelets do indeed suck from the box.
    Yeah, I was specifically directing the topic at the tank option, since at least for DPSers and healers the options (yellow or Adventerer's) aren't atrocious, just poor, which I can live with.

Tank stats are so bloated anyway, you don't use any essences except Vitality and the two trigger mit essences, so yeah you'd just have to lose a couple of vitality essences.
    Tell me you've never tanked anything over Tier 2, without telling me you've never tanked anything over Tier 2. Either that or you're way overburdening your healers, you aren't getting anywhere close to Tier 3 or 4 mitigation caps on a Captain (or probably any tank, really) without slotting at least some mits, as well as maximising all mit gains from other sources and devoting all or most virtues to mits.

Regardless, my issue isn't primarily "why do we only have a junk option at 140, 8 months into an expansion" and more "why is there no parity between a player who missed - for whatever reason - a two week seasonal event, versus a player who did not. BiS items should not be tied to a two week window without no other way to acquire said gear ever again.

I took a break for a while, missed out, and now am penalised for it, that isn't a fun gameplay experience. If there isn't a catchup mechanic, BiS gear should not be dropping from limited time events.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I've thought about this for awhile and I still say they never intended to have all the best gear out immediately with the expansion.
    Yeah LotRO's gearing mechanism is staged, such that players are encouraged to play continually to keep re-gearing and getting better stats over time, not just having Tier 4 raid gear on week one. But, we're nearing the time of year when the next expansion is announced and here we are with either scaled Aventurer's gear from the past 30 levels of caps, or a yellow barter item with poor stats for certain classes. It's odd.

8. Jul 06 2022, 11:44 AM

9. Jul 06 2022, 11:46 AM

Yeah, I was specifically directing the topic at the tank option, since at least for DPSers and healers the options (yellow or Adventerer's) aren't atrocious, just poor, which I can live with.

Tell me you've never tanked anything over Tier 2, without telling me you've never tanked anything over Tier 2. Either that or you're way overburdening your healers, you aren't getting anywhere close to Tier 3 or 4 mitigation caps on a Captain (or probably any tank, really) without slotting at least some mits, as well as maximising all mit gains from other sources and devoting all or most virtues to mits.

Regardless, my issue isn't primarily "why do we only have a junk option at 140, 8 months into an expansion" and more "why is there no parity between a player who missed - for whatever reason - a two week seasonal event, versus a player who did not. BiS items should not be tied to a two week window without no other way to acquire said gear ever again.

I took a break for a while, missed out, and now am penalised for it, that isn't a fun gameplay experience. If there isn't a catchup mechanic, BiS gear should not be dropping from limited time events.

Yeah LotRO's gearing mechanism is staged, such that players are encouraged to play continually to keep re-gearing and getting better stats over time, not just having Tier 4 raid gear on week one. But, we're nearing the time of year when the next expansion is announced and here we are with either scaled Aventurer's gear from the past 30 levels of caps, or a yellow barter item with poor stats for certain classes. It's odd.

Here's my build and title. I've tanked T4 with this build, and I don't need any heals from healers in Phase 4 of T3B3.

Here's my build and title. I've tanked T4 with this build, and I don't need any heals from healers in Phase 4 of T3B3.
    ... He posts, with his bracelets that he's commenting on being unnecessary, despite still not being at the Tactical Mitigation cap with Tier 4 raid gear and the extra free (just shy of) 100,000 TMit provided by the bracers in the topic of discussion.

I mean, do I need to be more blunt?

... He posts, with his bracelets that he's commenting on being unnecessary, despite still not being at the Tactical Mitigation cap with Tier 4 raid gear and the extra free (just shy of) 100,000 TMit provided by the bracers in the topic of discussion.

There is no T4 raid gear, only 1 ILVL i guess.

I'm actually overcapped tact mit with that build, could drop some more.

If I didn't have the bracelets I'd need 2 tact mit essences.
    Last edited by cwswim03; Jul 06 2022 at 03:41 PM.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

I mean, you're missing out on 2 essence slots at most, even if you value incoming healing and finesse at zero. Means a guard would go from slotting 0 to 2 TMit essences and a Cappy from 2 to 4. T14 Vitality essences, anyway, are pretty inefficient--they've maybe 33% better than T13 Vitality essences while our morale pools have doubled. This was the compromise we got when they relented on their "no Vitality essences at L140" stance. The only reason we slot vitality is because mits are so easy to cap. Sure, the yellow ones won't be BiS, but you're missing out on a 1-1.5% morale increase. It's pretty negligible.

The low Vitality numbers are also why I wouldn't go with the Ember bracelets for DPS over Storv, either, though. You're basically trading away 43,000 crit to pick up 24,000 morale. Technically 1.5 essences of crit for 2 essences of vitality, but that's only if you value vitality and crit on DPS equally. Which, considering you probably wouldn't slot ANY Vit essences on a DPS really isn't the case. I'd rather have 1.5 slots worth of TMit on a DPS than 2 Vit, since our morale pools are bloated and Vit essences so poorly scaled.

But while I think Storv is BiS for DPS as well, it's less of a drop-off even than the tank ones to use the yellow barter ones.

I understand the desire for all-BiS for aesthetic/OCD reasons, though, and I think SSG does too. They put BiS stuff in seasonal content so people will keep playing and paying. Knowing that if people miss out, it's not going to be the difference between success and failure, anyway.
    Last edited by Frisco; Jul 06 2022 at 07:43 PM.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I mean, you're missing out on 2 essence slots at most, even if you value incoming healing and finesse at zero. Means a guard would go from slotting 0 to 2 TMit essences and a Cappy from 2 to 4. T14 Vitality essences, anyway, are pretty inefficient--they've maybe 33% better than T13 Vitality essences while our morale pools have doubled. This was the compromise we got when they relented on their "no Vitality essences at L140" stance. The only reason we slot vitality is because mits are so easy to cap. Sure, the yellow ones won't be BiS, but you're missing out on a 1-1.5% morale increase. It's pretty negligible.

The low Vitality numbers are also why I wouldn't go with the Ember bracelets for DPS over Storv, either, though. You're basically trading away 43,000 crit to pick up 24,000 morale. Technically 1.5 essences of crit for 2 essences of vitality, but that's only if you value vitality and crit on DPS equally. Which, considering you probably wouldn't slot ANY Vit essences on a DPS really isn't the case. I'd rather have 1.5 slots worth of TMit on a DPS than 2 Vit, since our morale pools are bloated and Vit essences so poorly scaled.

But while I think Storv is BiS for DPS as well, it's less of a drop-off even than the tank ones to use the yellow barter ones.

I understand the desire for all-BiS for aesthetic/OCD reasons, though, and I think SSG does too. They put BiS stuff in seasonal content so people will keep playing and paying. Knowing that if people miss out, it's not going to be the difference between success and failure, anyway.
    Yes would be really nice to have some other essence options. Too bad there is no real stat for tanks besides vitality.

I'm actually overcapped tact mit with that build, could drop some more.

If I didn't have the bracelets I'd need 2 tact mit essences.
    Overcapped with a 3minute Mini buff that lasts 15% of the duration of some fights, and a buff only Guardians have isn't really proving how not having 100k extra free tacitcal mits by virtue of doing Storvagun is not providing some advantage.

Two extra essences, aka a disadvantage. 2 essences isn't massive, but it's still annoying when I inspect my character and know that I'm slightly less effective than any other 140 tank because I took a break from the game, and there is absolutely no way currently to get back to par.

I mean, you're missing out on 2 essence slots at most, even if you value incoming healing and finesse at zero.
    Finesse is valued at zero to me as a Captain, I just don't need it, Guardians might for War Chant, IDK. Grave Wound is the only thing I care about being BPE'd and it's literally never a problem even if it is, just use positional or have a backup taunt ready. It's also not even BPE'd that much anyway, with zero stats put into Finesse. Incoming Healing is alright, but practically redundant especially on a Human Captain where my incoming healing can peak at absurd levels anyway.

This is definitely some part of it, OCD and a desire to have a complete build with BiS components. Comparing yourself to other tanks that have that slight, 1% advantage over you just straight up feels bad.

I've not said it's a massive problem, just surprised that the go-to gearing option for 140 endgame right now is teal everything except some ###### bracelets with redundant stats.

Yes would be really nice to have some other essence options. Too bad there is no real stat for tanks besides vitality.
    Agreed. I'd like them to make BPE and Crit D worthwhile again so that builds aren't just cap mits then stack morale.

Overcapped with a 3minute Mini buff that lasts 15% of the duration of some fights, and a buff only Guardians have isn't really proving how not having 100k extra free tacitcal mits by virtue of doing Storvagun is not providing some advantage.
    You cannot possibly be this bad at Lotro to believe that Minstrels don't have composure in blue. Unlucky

He is far overcapped on tact mit, you can go to 1.150.000 tact mit and still be okay. I would say Finesse is a bit low tho. For t3 500k is kind of needed right?

I like to imagine there is an instance coming with gives bracers much like the chamber earrings, so pls devs, make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hierona View Post
    He is far overcapped on tact mit, you can go to 1.150.000 tact mit and still be okay. I would say Finesse is a bit low tho. For t3 500k is kind of needed right?

I like to imagine there is an instance coming with gives bracers much like the chamber earrings, so pls devs, make it happen.
    I only get resisted on war chant like 15-20% of the time with that finesse, and if I do I just challenge early, not a big deal.