We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingshooter View Post
    Install 19.12.2 drivers https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/re...ad-win-19-12-2

Do a clean uninstall with DDU in safemode then reboot to install the 2019 drivers, also make sure to prevent windows update from "silently" updating your gpu-drivers - I believe there's a box you can check in DDU. You might also have to make some changes in windows registry (regedit) to bulletproof this update-prevention.
    I'm not sure if I wanna go so far away back in time with drivers, specially when thouse drivers dont know anything about win11.

Also I dont believe it's caused by drivers because I did try with drivers from last spring what I know was a time before crashing started to happen. For me it's more like lotro update at last summer when crashing started.

However I did upgrade mobo bios yesterday, so I need to see if that changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JiiPee View Post
    I'm not sure if I wanna go so far away back in time with drivers, specially when thouse drivers dont know anything about win11.

Also I dont believe it's caused by drivers because I did try with drivers from last spring what I know was a time before crashing started to happen. For me it's more like lotro update at last summer when crashing started.

However I did upgrade mobo bios yesterday, so I need to see if that changes anything.
    It's caused by the drivers. We have similar systems, vega 56 with ryzen cpu running on win11. I too used to be able to play lotro in dx11 with "new" drivers, around last spring - but then some update, I don't know from where; lotro, amd or windows, started causing these system crashes. I have tried many different drivers - from 2022, 2021 to 2020. All fail. The 19.12.2 is the holy grail of stability for vega 56 users. It also resolved the same crash but from another game (war thunder)((which is also dx11 which leads me to believe that it's a directX problem)) and it solved a graphical bug in Cyberpunk2077.
    It's running fine on win11. But if you really don't want to install older drivers, and if your troubleshooting doesn't solve the issue, you can (I believe) always run lotro in dx9. Running it in dx9 was never an issue for me at least, no matter the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRBrigg View Post
    Hi and thanks for responding!!

Yes I have gone into Options and made sure it was set to 64 bit and not either of the 32 bit settings. I have also opened the UserPreferences.ini file and made sure the GameClientType was set to =3 which is 64 bit. These settings have always been 64 bit as well as my Windows 10 pc. Still, when I open the client and check Task Manager, it shows the LOTRO process as (32 bit). This is very strange. I have put in a ticket as well and hopefully SSG can help with this issue. I have read that 32 bit cannot use the same amount of memory as 64 bit so I assume that is what is happening and just restarts the pc to correct itself. No other program does this and it only started after installing and running LOTRO. Sad times...

Anyway, thank for your help!!

Brig
    Did you download and install the 64 bit game package or the 32 bit package? if it was the 32 bit you can't run 64 bit if you tried.It is about 6gb larger i'm thinking. Your game process has to be 64 bit in order to run 64 bit.Your lotro folder in C drive has to have a 64 bit sub-folder. I have zero problems running the 64 bit game on windoes 10 but I upgraded 10 from windows 7.There may be a difference in these new fangled gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Phoenix View Post
    Did you download and install the 64 bit game package or the 32 bit package? if it was the 32 bit you can't run 64 bit if you tried.It is about 6gb larger i'm thinking. Your game process has to be 64 bit in order to run 64 bit.Your lotro folder in C drive has to have a 64 bit sub-folder. I have zero problems running the 64 bit game on windoes 10 but I upgraded 10 from windows 7.There may be a difference in these new fangled gadgets.
    The lotrolive.exe installer installs both of the 32-bit client executables (there are two of them, lotroclient.exe and lotroclient_awesomium.exe the latter of which was built for very old versions of Windows) and the 64-bit client executable (lotroclient64.exe). The “6gb larger” you’re thinking of is the high-resolution graphics package which, here in 2023, everyone should install; but is not related to the choice of 32-bit or 64-bit client.

It’s possible that LOTRBrigg was seeing the LotroLauncher.exe application process when looking at his Task Manager because that is 32-bit only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2