We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gift of the North quest - Shire

I'll start out by apologizing if this is the wrong place for this question, but I'm new here, and it just seemed the most appropriate based on what I've come across.

I have a Lvl 14 Hunter. There's a "Gift of the North" instance in the Shire. I do a lot of solo play (haven't explored Kinships to join. Suggestions on that are welcome. I play Crickhallow server).

Is that a quest/instance that is solo-able?

I haven't died yet since starting the game. I'm hoping to keep the "stay-alive" streak...alive.

Any tips/suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

If you haven't noticed, there are survival titles given to you by not dying. They are Wary (5), Undefeated (10), Indomitable (14), Unscathed (17), Undying (20). That's as far as the titles go since generally you are entering fellowship areas and instances at level 20. Unfortunately, any death - even if you encounter a glitch by running too fast up some stairs - will break it. With only a couple of other exceptions, these are the only titles you can't get later on.

The instance you speak of should be soloable. It looks simple enough to defeat a troll. Technically, all of these private instances should be soloable, but some of them can contain complex mechanics that might instantly kill you if you don't know what to do. So whether or not you want to play it safe until then is entirely up to you.

Due to different balancing reasons, players are now much more powerful than they used to be when the game originally released. So, especially at low levels, take the Fellowship or Small fellowship tag of some quests with a grain of salt. Many small fellowship quests are almost as easy to do as normal quests. Just be a little more careful with your pulls and preparation. In fact, even some quests intended for full fellowships can be done solo if you are a bit overleveled and with good gear, or with just a single person or two at your side.

Obviously, I've played this game for more than a decade, while you are a new player who's still learning, so it's hard to speak for everyone here. Different experience, different skill, yadda yadda. But that particular quest shouldn't give you any trouble if you know the basics. That boss hits kinda hard and your class isn't the bulkiest, but he's a slow one and you can destroy him with your arrows in a matter of 5 to 10 seconds, especially at your level. Just use your most damaging skills and you should be fine.

Also, later on you will encounter fellowship, instanced quests in the main story (Epic Prologue, Epic Books). Don't be afraid to try them: you'll get a huge "inspiration buff" to help you complete them by yourself.