We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Official "What do I do with update 33.1?" Support Group

Reserving this space ahead of tomorrow's update. Ghyn and his horde is, as usual, ahead of the curve with some feedback from Bullroarer but let's have a lil dang ol discussion here tomorrow once we get our hands dirty.

Weather Blows - seems broken.
    In Maelstrom it starts at 35% (tooltip) and drops to 27% with full mettle.
    In Fulcrum it starts at 29% (tooltip) and drops to 20% with full mettle.

So, it seems to get WORSE rather than better with mettle, AND it makes no sense why it is generally worse
    in Fulcrum (tank spec) when that is where need it most.

Bracing Guard - Cooldown should be reduced to be on par with other tanks self heals.

Follow Me - Lost a good buff for this! Junk - put it back, and just give brawler a run speed buff like other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JLotro View Post
    Weather Blows - seems broken.
    In Maelstrom it starts at 35% (tooltip) and drops to 27% with full mettle.
    In Fulcrum it starts at 29% (tooltip) and drops to 20% with full mettle.

So, it seems to get WORSE rather than better with mettle, AND it makes no sense why it is generally worse
    in Fulcrum (tank spec) when that is where need it most.

Bracing Guard - Cooldown should be reduced to be on par with other tanks self heals.

Follow Me - Lost a good buff for this! Junk - put it back, and just give brawler a run speed buff like other tanks.
    I did some testing while dueling a friend, and I THINK that the tooltip for Weather blows means thats how much damage you take. So at 20% is means you only take 20% damage instead of 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkjav12784 View Post
    I did some testing while dueling a friend, and I THINK that the tooltip for Weather blows means thats how much damage you take. So at 20% is means you only take 20% damage instead of 100%.
    Interesting... if that is the case good, it just is not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by JLotro View Post
    Interesting... if that is the case good, it just is not clear.
    Is it the case that you only take 20% of incoming damage, or did they forget a minus sign in the math? Thus 35% then the -6% from the trait gets you to the 29% in the tooltip... or should it be -41% incoming damage reduction and thus the math was bad? Not clear from the tooltip or patch notes if it's a total incoming damage or a reduction in incoming damage. Why not just make it like every other skill as a % damage reduction?

Also... Hasten Powerful techniques still has old skill names. Does it work with "The Best Defense" and will it now reduce the remaining CD for "Bracing Guard?" Does Hasten Powerful Techniques even work at all? Didn't seem to do anything in U33.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrogo View Post
    Is it the case that you only take 20% of incoming damage, or did they forget a minus sign in the math? Thus 35% then the -6% from the trait gets you to the 29% in the tooltip... or should it be -41% incoming damage reduction and thus the math was bad? Not clear from the tooltip or patch notes if it's a total incoming damage or a reduction in incoming damage. Why not just make it like every other skill as a % damage reduction?

Also... Hasten Powerful techniques still has old skill names. Does it work with "The Best Defense" and will it now reduce the remaining CD for "Bracing Guard?" Does Hasten Powerful Techniques even work at all? Didn't seem to do anything in U33.
    I believe that the percentage listed on the tooltip is the damage you take, but im not 100% sure. I did try it at max mettle with my champ friend wailing on me and it made a pretty big difference in how long it took to kill me with and without Weather Blows activated. Im not sure why they didnt just list it as like 65% damage reduction like everything else. Would make it much simpler, but as far as I can tell the skill is pretty nice.

The % number you are seeing is how much damage you will be taking, by the way it looks like brawlers are capped at 80%, if you have the defensive posture and the mettle shield and the tome for incoming damage they do not stack and go above making it 90 or 100%.

I feel like weather blows is intended to be used when mega damage is expected or a lull in healing. With the current HH raid I feel like the damage is spikey in nature so how are raiders predicting spike damage and proactively using this CD? For the record I agree with the other posters that the tooltip isn't clear. Is this in fact an 80% damage reduction?