We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fall of Khazad Dum quest

Durin's bane and the Unslain

I did the instance at t1 with my kin. T1 deed completed, quest given when entering instance completed. This quest still says complete instance. I also can't find anybody to turn the quest in to. Wiki is no help so maybe somebody here knows how this quest is completed and where to turn it in.

A lot of people I hear from that are confused when it comes to the "quest for the mount from the raid" think the quest you get inside the instance or the objective to complete the raid will lead up to it. That's not it. The quest is obtained from the two new guys that appear over by the barterer after completing the questlines and the dailies are opened up. Another thing that comes up: you have to complete the instance after you get the quest, not before. The guy you get the quest from is the same guy you turn the quest into. The coordinates on the wiki are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    A lot of people I hear from that are confused when it comes to the "quest for the mount from the raid" think the quest you get inside the instance or the objective to complete the raid will lead up to it. That's not it. The quest is obtained from the two new guys that appear over by the barterer after completing the questlines and the dailies are opened up. Another thing that comes up: you have to complete the instance after you get the quest, not before. The guy you get the quest from is the same guy you turn the quest into. The coordinates on the wiki are correct.
    I did the instance because I had the quest, but it didn't complete.

The only other thing that I could think of is you skipped the part where you had to talk to Dain. Same thing happens with the Hiddenhoard. People got the quest, discovered the instance, did the instance, and totally forgot the part to talk to the npc after discovery but before completing it.

Edit: It is also possible that the same problem that happens with Kidzul-kâlah happens here. Discovering the entrance of the instance didn't count for the quest because you did it before obtaining it. Try re-discovering it by actually physically going to the point again and see if it counts. We are talking about the same quest here, right?: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...nd_the_Unslain
    Last edited by WeirdJedi; Jul 24 2022 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    The only other thing that I could think of is you skipped the part where you had to talk to Dain. Same thing happens with the Hiddenhoard. People got the quest, discovered the instance, did the instance, and totally forgot the part to talk to the npc after discovery but before completing it.
    Didn't see Dain or any quest ring in the instance. Quest also doesn't mention talking to him neither does wiki. Talk to Dain seems to be after the instance but I can't. Maybe I need to put in a ticket but that has become so complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Durin's bane and the Unslain

I did the instance at t1 with my kin. T1 deed completed, quest given when entering instance completed. This quest still says complete instance. I also can't find anybody to turn the quest in to. Wiki is no help so maybe somebody here knows how this quest is completed and where to turn it in.
    Is it possible you did the fall Fall of Khazad Dum raid before you picked up the quest? There are two raid quests and "Durin's Bane and the Unslain" quest that gives you the goat requires that you finish Chapter 5: The Bitterest Victory quest before you can pick it up.

The other quest is a weekly and its requirements are completing "Durin's Bane and the Unslain" once and then you get "The Fall of Khazad-dum (Weekly)"

So just try to remember if you did the raid before or after picking up "Durin's Bane and the Unslain".

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Is it possible you did the fall Fall of Khazad Dum raid before you picked up the quest? There are two raid quests and "Durin's Bane and the Unslain" quest that gives you the goat requires that you finish Chapter 5: The Bitterest Victory quest before you can pick it up.

The other quest is a weekly and its requirements are completing "Durin's Bane and the Unslain" once and then you get "The Fall of Khazad-dum (Weekly)"

So just try to remember if you did the raid before or after picking up "Durin's Bane and the Unslain".
    I joined the raid because I had the quest. I'm no raider and only do them if I have a quest from landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I joined the raid because I had the quest. I'm no raider and only do them if I have a quest from landscape.
    Then in this case I wonder if the recent change to raids blocking quest progression perhaps caused it so you didn't get credit? I dunno.. never heard anyone have a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Then in this case I wonder if the recent change to raids blocking quest progression perhaps caused it so you didn't get credit? I dunno.. never heard anyone have a problem with this.
    Thinking the same. This quest is given outside the raid and might work like the RT/warbands raid quests. Probably shouldn't do Rem before the changes are reversed. Spiders make me shiver and I just want the cosmetic quest rewards. Wouldn't want to do that one twice.