We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please Put the relic master back in game / Golden token of the Riddermark

I have stacks of relics and no way to get rid of them just like the Li's because there is no Relic Master to break them down. Yet before they were taken out I was able to convert them to heritage runes. Along with the Old Li's many returning Players are up set about having to just dump all the extreas. Seems there could have been away to convert them to something useful. Would be nice if our old Lis (First Agers) that we worked so hard to level up that many are keeping could be turned in to a house item for the walls.
    Last edited by lockecd; Jul 27 2022 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Change Title
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of You. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

The removal of the Relic Masters was too swift and without proper warning. It also deprives returning players (and they are expecting/hoping for some in the Fall due to the Amazon series) of at least cashing in their relics for heritage runes.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

I don't think they actually said relics (and a whole lot of other stuff) will never be convertible, 'usable' is the wording they chose.
    Relics haven't been usable since LI 3.0 so that could just be just a statement of fact rather than one of intention, if you put your happy shades on.

When you can't even bring up a UI that shows your available relics anymore I think it's reasonable to assume they're not going to be converted into anything.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Relic Master Return Please / Golden token of the Riddermark

Well, I do know I opened the relic master one day and broke down all the stored relics that were there up to level 9ish? or higher. I was able to get heritage runes from them. Is so sad we don't have a way to exchange these items as we once did in the past when they made changes to the game. Like in the crafting areas.

And another question I now have is how is one to get a Golden token of the Riddermark to get a level 100 LI? There was a player looking to get one yesterday but could not figure out how too. I also wonder about this as I still have lower toons that have not been to Rohan as of yet that I would like them to have a lvl 100 bridle.
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of You. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

Angry Just got a LVL 130 Sealed Elderslade Rune of striking...says it can be deconstructed by a relic-master

Only problem is, the relic-masters don't seem to have the deconstruct skill anymore. I am at the Forges of Rivendell, Faillanc is supposed to be the Relic-master but she only has the reforge option. How the heck do I unseal my rune?

Quote Originally Posted by lockecd View Post
    Well, I do know I opened the relic master one day and broke down all the stored relics that were there up to level 9ish? or higher. I was able to get heritage runes from them. Is so sad we don't have a way to exchange these items as we once did in the past when they made changes to the game. Like in the crafting areas.

And another question I now have is how is one to get a Golden token of the Riddermark to get a level 100 LI? There was a player looking to get one yesterday but could not figure out how too. I also wonder about this as I still have lower toons that have not been to Rohan as of yet that I would like them to have a lvl 100 bridle.
    LI Bridles are no longer an option. If you don't have one you won't get one. There are basic Bridles that can be bartered for in the Rohan and post Rohan zones.

https://massivelyop.com/2022/05/25/l...steed-bridles/

If you have relics they are useless. If you have old LIs that are equipped they can be used but not improved. Non slotted LIs are Cosmetic use only.

We can be happy, we can be sad, but that is the LotRo we now have.

Exclamation Relic-master still exists in Wildermore: Herethryth

repost from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comme...re_herethryth/

So, it appears that there is a npc Herethryth that has skills of a relic-master in Wildermore, at Dunfast's Refugees [38.7s, 67.1w]. If you still have an old LI to decon or relics you need to refine, she can do it for you.

I think the npc here at this camp do not show up unless you have completed quests to get Cyneberg to the camp from Forlaw. And, if you do need to unlock Cyneberg for Dunfast Refugee camp, I am fairly certain this one will get you started.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Ride_for_Harding

So maybe ssg intended to leave her here for that purpose. Then again, the forge-master and relic-master in dunfast refugee camp are both quest npc, so idk.

After that, you have around 20-30 quests to do before you get the one that unlocks dunfast refugee camp with this quest.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que..._for_Survivors

edit 1: Ok, just confirmed on an alt. Anyone that has completed all of Wildermore, you will not be able to see the npc at Dunfast's Refugee camp. Only if you stopped at this quest or have not completed Wildermore will you be able to access Herethryth (relic-master) to decon old LI and refine relics.

edit 2: After you complete the quest chain at Dunfast's Refugee camp, all the npc evacuate to Forlaw. So, this relic-master is kind of temporary; she only shows up for a specific time after Cyneberg arrives to the camp but then she leaves when they evac.

Be careful with the runes

So I sent a lvl 131 alt to the Dunfast Refugee camp using MC and proceeded to Refine his relics. About half way thru I had a bunch of runes from 4K to 20K each and had him use some for the Reward Track. It barely moved on any of them. Sent the bulk of them to a lvl 66 alt and had him turn them in and watched the Reward Track jump several levels. The low level runes are minimum level 45 and seem to push the Reward Track much farther with lower level toons while barely moving it with 130-140 level toons. So if you take the time to go to Dunfast, at least get the most you can out of the runes you get. You're still left with huge amounts of useless shards but at least the useless relics will serve a purpose.

Of course, no one knows how long that relic master will stay there. It seems to be one they forgot and not one they left for us just to be nice.

Agreed on the post title. There are so many other antiquated systems still in the game. Provisioner that provide obsolete items...removing the relic master feels like an aggressive anti-AS farming choice. It doesn't make sense considering those low level runes are worth so little. It just punishes players for leaving the game, then coming back "too late". I guess the message is "don't leave" if you don't want to lose out on the rewards from your previous efforts.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

11. Sep 16 2022, 01:32 PM