We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Clever Retort

Clever Retort

Hi all,

Does anyone else think the clever retort skill is pretty useless right now? At least at level cap it doesn’t seem to provide very strong bonuses, e.g. 5k damage vs auto attack of over 50k… heals are very weak as well.

Is it just the level scaling that hasn’t worked on it since 140 came in?

Cheers,

Clever Retort suffers from some hidden spaghetti coding combined with poor scaling. Every few level caps it becomes incredibly over powered while in a red/yellow build due to some wonky traits buffing its damage when it shouldn't, but the rest of the time its not worth the traits it takes to obtain.

Yeah I really agree. Yellow is in a great place for functionality but the gameplay loop is pretty dull. I think clever retort could certainly fix that, and here's a few ideas:

Currently at 140 disable heals for 33k morale, and dust in the eyes heals for 6,900 power. Honestly the power heal is useful, yet niche. The morale heal is a bit sad though. Scaling the heals off of percentages might work: this is what fixed mischevious glee in the past and I could see it work well in this case. Clever retort ought to not displace glee as the de-facto heal, but it being 5% every 2 seconds for maybe 8 seconds wouldn't end the world (Perhaps on par with the morale heal from hedge your bet + cash out, but for the fellowship).

The enrage bleed pulse from enrage is a 5k that pulses 3 times and who even knows what the counter defence one hits for. Again, yellow burg shouldn't have the DPS red or blue ought to, but that's a weee bit too small.

Locking clever retort behind the use of double-edged and enhancing the removal of two-tricks on the same target may also give yellow a more engaging playstyle.

That’s interesting thanks for the replies. Thought it was pretty weak right now…

Deffo think % based morale, power and damage makes sense

It looks to me like it’s based on CJ, which we know hasn’t scaled well either. So maybe that’s why…