We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Den of Pughlak

Thumbs up Den of Pughlak

I just want to stop by, to thanks the devs for making this instance feel very lighthearted with the bright exotic plants, bioluminiscent effects on walls, Aurora borealis underground, colorful mushrooms & toad kissess that make your toon see strange dreams like Crawlers comming out of the kegs, Mad Cows, Purple Oliphants aka Spectral Mûmak (dumbo dream reference) & glow in everchanging colours even after finish the instance. & what is best you can carry some exotic keepsakes to decorate your home! Everytime i run it im laughting from the begining to end.

It's by far my favorite of the Gundabad cluster.

Have to agree: best instance in Gundabad . Cool plants, sweet lavender, luminous frog as drop. And totally funny, crazy area Thanks for that devs!
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.

Lightbulb

I just got a wild idea inspired on this instance: Add a new cosmetic pet to the game: Baby Spectral Mûmak. Will could use the same model as Baby Mumak but in a purple spectral version.

Spoiler Alert!

I took a screenshot for the players that are still too low level to go in this instance but wish to see a teaser. My well travelled turtle cosmetic pet Operation-Unleashed & me, went to visit Pughlak boss again. You can see that he is concern about our presence.

Scenario is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Similar to the Halls of Memory, this space was a lot of fun because it was an opportunity to just to crazy stuff in it. We don't often get to lean into the surreal in LOTRO. Sure - the game is a fantasy game, but it often has a very grounded look and feel to it. Den of Pughlak was an chance for us to go a bit wild - get our own version of "The Upside Down" into the game.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    Similar to the Halls of Memory, this space was a lot of fun because it was an opportunity to just to crazy stuff in it. We don't often get to lean into the surreal in LOTRO. Sure - the game is a fantasy game, but it often has a very grounded look and feel to it. Den of Pughlak was an chance for us to go a bit wild - get our own version of "The Upside Down" into the game.
    Goal to look like ''The Upside Down'' dimension achieved!

I especially love how it's patterned off of actual game locations in a kind of zany way:

The Waterworks
    The Mad Badger Inn from the Archet Intro for Men / Hobbits / Beornings (*Yes, I recognize it!)
    The Gondor area looked like it was part of Harlond
    The Mordor area was I think the main Thraknul dungeon in Naerband OR one of the lower dungeons of Barad-dur - though it's probably the Thraknul
    The "Farm" looked like some of those Angmar extensions with those darker buildings (*unless it's actually a teaser for Nurn or something)

Which.................

What about that landscape that looks blasted, with lava traces, and those low, gnarled, very few dead trees (*I hope you'll know which one I mean!) - will it be part of Nurn someday? It felt more like a preview of a place we haven't seen yet. It reminded me of Ziost in SWTOR after certain events........

Anything in the Pughlak instance that isn't yet in-game outside of it........ please do bring it in! Maybe an "Easter egg" "Memories of Pughlak" deed would be in order there where you go to the actual locations and earn a special cosmetic reward or decoration or something! XD It's an awesome instance

Cheers!
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

Scenario is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    What about that landscape that looks blasted, with lava traces, and those low, gnarled, very few dead trees (*I hope you'll know which one I mean!) - will it be part of Nurn someday? It felt more like a preview of a place we haven't seen yet. It reminded me of Ziost in SWTOR after certain events........
    What about that indeed...

What about that indeed...
    *Winks* You're sneaky! XD

*Signed, "Slinker."

Cheers!
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

Purple Oliphants aka Spectral Mûmak (dumbo dream reference):

Last edited by YamydeAragon; Aug 31 2022 at 12:57 PM.