We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Not much time as on my way out to work, but for now . . . .

get rid of the root on purge poison. The skill is way too cumbersome to use. In a tight spot, using this skill can result in defeat and it's better to try to out-heal the dot (not always successfully).
    The animation is also too long. Some suggestions:

Make purge poison on-the move but inducted (speed up the animation as an additional bonus)
    Keep the root but speed up the animation, make it a fast skill etc. I'm not suggesting immediate because it will be used as an animation cancel.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    ARMOR!

I'm scrambling to try to find HUNTER worthy armor.
    Several of my other characters were fighter class, and mages/runemaster, loremaster, and haven't played through a high level HUNTER before.

Trying to find good looking hunter armor is hard.
    Robes? no.
    Chain link? no.
    Hauberks? no... the one that does look good is the Green Chest piece of the Armor of the Eorlingas (which came on the pre-order of the Rise of Isengard). That was on what is now my wife's character. MY Characters were started after the Isengard expansion on a newly created account (so we can both play together), so is there any chance for me to own this armor???
    Solution: Dunland

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armour_Sets

One of my favorite Hauberks for a Hunter is Giard-crus / Nightshade jacket, but Dunland has several nice pieces available from quest rewards.

Given that the Blue line is meant to be mobile it would be nice if there were no abilities that rooted you. As has been stated before regarding the Cure Poison ability.

Perhaps in the Blue Trait line replace Moving Target with something that improves Barrage crit magnitude, or avoid mitigations etc. +Evasion for moving should just be baseline with the Blue line.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckenbrand View Post
    Lets talk about Hunters.

Blue Line

Earthborn/Strength of the Earth - The morale and power restore are frankly, pathetic. Currently, if I were actually using SotE, I would receive about 2200 morale returned for channeling for 5 seconds. My current total morale pool is over 200k. Stopping and having to channel a skill for 5 seconds to return 1% morale is not worth it. Either increase the healing returns dramatically or get rid of it. Replace the Earthborn milestone with something useful

Why can't all the abilities like Earthborn/Strength of the Earth simply be based on a % so they scale properly as the game progresses?

I think it would be interesting if hunters had some induction skills. The kind of skill that fills up a cast bar before executing. I think it's supposed to have some already but there's some kind of typo and these skills are displaying as 0.2s inductions or something silly, sometimes the induction bar doesn't even show up!
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Just gonna throw it out there but a potential solution to the whole red vs blue in raids situation is to properly separate them in terms of skill usage. Hypothetically you could bring blue more up to par with red DPS by having the line empower the melee skills in such a way that you'd want to use them rotationally. Would basically serve two purposes, it'd help mitigate the advantage blue gets from being fully mobile, and it'd be a neat way to get a more ranger-like traitline in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Just gonna throw it out there but a potential solution to the whole red vs blue in raids situation is to properly separate them in terms of skill usage. Hypothetically you could bring blue more up to par with red DPS by having the line empower the melee skills in such a way that you'd want to use them rotationally. Would basically serve two purposes, it'd help mitigate the advantage blue gets from being fully mobile, and it'd be a neat way to get a more ranger-like traitline in-game.
    I like this idea. It would add some fun variety in playstyle between the trait lines by giving blue a really distinct and unique way to play from red.

In the lower levels barbed arrow into scourging blow actually does decent damage, and I've always found it satisfying and fun to use then. I'd really enjoy a trait line with that concept more fleshed out.

I think it would be interesting if hunters had some induction skills. The kind of skill that fills up a cast bar before executing. I think it's supposed to have some already but there's some kind of typo and these skills are displaying as 0.2s inductions or something silly, sometimes the induction bar doesn't even show up!
    Hunter has induction skills. Heartseeker has a very long induction and cd, Swift Bow has induction as well. They shortened induction on quick shot.

I don't like melee and don't play these classes. In fact, I can't actually play them at all. I like blue because of the mobility and melee doesn't fit that at all. Now in a raid, mobility is not needed, and it would work but not at the cost of landscape players. I know that is not what you want but the devs might end up with that.
    For a more ranger like trait line, take red. They are not mobile and far more likely to have close contact with enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Hunter has induction skills. Heartseeker has a very long induction and cd, Swift Bow has induction as well. They shortened induction on quick shot.
    Hunter doesn't have any long inductions, due to various bonuses and reductions even Heartseeker winds up being a measly ~1s induction and everything else being notably shorter than that. Swift Bow also has a proc making it inductionless. I was certainly being a tad facetious with the post but induction times definitely need to be increased (or start stripping away a bunch of those % induction bonuses).

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I don't like melee and don't play these classes. In fact, I can't actually play them at all. I like blue because of the mobility and melee doesn't fit that at all. Now in a raid, mobility is not needed, and it would work but not at the cost of landscape players. I know that is not what you want but the devs might end up with that.
    For a more ranger like trait line, take red. They are not mobile and far more likely to have close contact with enemies.
    In a raid mobility is heavily valued and tends to be the reason you get people stating that blue shouldn't have DPS competitive with red, because if it did the mobility of blue makes it far stronger than red. Technically I'm not proposing any shift in your current gameplay, merely suggesting that they could bring the DPS up to be red-competitive via improving melee skills in blue. You could still play it as you currently do and produce the same results, but people who want to really maximise the value of the spec could mix in some melee to go further should they choose to do so.

I am of the opinion that, with three trait trees available, having two ranged specializations and only being able to fill one role in a fellowship (DPS) is a flawed design.

Therefore, I like the idea of the following.

1. Remove blue line as a specialization and use it as a tertiary tree to enhance red and yellow, similar to recent Minstrel changes.
    2. Redesign yellow line completely to a support specialization, using thematic traps and ranged abilities and with with buffs, debuffs and CC equivalent to yellow Lore-master and Burglar.
    3. Incorporate the current red/blue mobility benefits and penalties into hunter stances.

This would allows tactical decision making by stance swapping for mobility or increased static DPS and it addresses a problem (IMO) which is that hunter is the only class capable of filling only one role in a fellowship.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    This is not a post that pretends that there are Hunter changes imminent. It's a discussion to draw forth thoughts on our ranged combatant and where some believe that there is room for improvement, skills, effects, and traits that are underwhelming, and a wishlist of what you might like to see moving forward.
    I play mainly yellow hunter now.
    Started off as red-line back in 2014, got bored of that play-style by Evendim (level 40-ish) so I switched to blue which I enjoyed playing until level 115 (the level cap at the time). I checked out the yellow line for a brief time but couldn't figure out how to play it effectively so I shelved the hunter for at least a couple years while I played other classes, mainly support roles (lore-master, burglar, minstrel). Learning those play-styles prompted me to take another look at the yellow hunter line which I'm happy I did. Compared to the other two lines I find yellow more engaging and mentally stimulating. I'm not saying blue and red are bad, they are powerful and oh-so-fun to watch someone who plays them well. There are aspects about the yellow-line that appeal to me - the additional layer of strategy behind the pew-pewing and group support (especially in higher tier instances and raids).

A couple of wishes for the yellow-hunter:

1) Purge Corruption - I understand the need for a cool-down since this is an AOE cleanse and very powerful in groups, but for solo content (particularly at higher tier Delving missions) it leaves me vulnerable to repeated applications of de-buffs. This might be something to take a look at. As for its rooting animation, I find it useful to have a skill that prevents knock-backs.

2) Buggy Traps - on occasion, the traps will seemingly get placed randomly or far from where I intended to place them, creating a 2-fold issue. Firstly and most obviously, the trap is placed where you didn't intend for it to go. Secondly and more importantly, once a trap is placed, there is no way to dismiss it which could be detrimental in certain situations.

Overall, I am very happy with my hunter
    Nardûaninzil - The Flower Guard | Crickhollow family of 16 - Captain, Hunter, Rune-Keeper, Guardians, Beornings, Burglars, Lore-Masters, Minstrel, Champion, Warden, Brawlers.
    "Why is no one ready?"

I've played several hunters across various times of the game to endgame and during endgame, but honestly, Blue Line Hunter when it dropped was probably some of the most fun I'd ever had with that class in game. A running and shooting class that had modestly high damage on critical based RNG. Not as strong as Red, but with utility advantages, it was a blast.

Coming back now, I gotta say I definitely see how the LI update and the slow deterioration of the blue line traits have really begun to break that very enjoyable and fun play style. Still though, I'd love to see Blue returned, or even incorporated into a play style during class trait compression. A trait in the new supplemental line maybe that for each point 1/5, your style changes from stand still to shot on the run, and you could attach balancing factors to control it; or personally my preference would be to alter Precision Stance and make that the determining factor of style. Red Line becomes an Archery Trait Tree overall, and the stance you choose to use and focus on determines your combat style. (aka Turret Style Strength Stance vs Mobile Run and Gun Precision Stance)

There is a lot of ways you could take the best gameplay aspects currently in blue, and add them into red; or make them alternative choices by changing where you focus your efforts to allow both styles to survive while still compressing the trait trees as a whole. Just revamp some LI traits, retool Precision Stance back to being a Critical Fishing stance with decent payoff, and you could have your cake and eat it too in a sense, without even losing yellow line.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    I am of the opinion that, with three trait trees available, having two ranged specializations and only being able to fill one role in a fellowship (DPS) is a flawed design.

Therefore, I like the idea of the following.

1. Remove blue line as a specialization and use it as a tertiary tree to enhance red and yellow, similar to recent Minstrel changes.
    2. Redesign yellow line completely to a support specialization, using thematic traps and ranged abilities and with with buffs, debuffs and CC equivalent to yellow Lore-master and Burglar.
    3. Incorporate the current red/blue mobility benefits and penalties into hunter stances.

This would allows tactical decision making by stance swapping for mobility or increased static DPS and it addresses a problem (IMO) which is that hunter is the only class capable of filling only one role in a fellowship.
    This sounds virtually perfect to me as well and reflects my own thoughts. L

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think yellow line should become a support line like yellow brawlers. If we are being honest does hunter really warrant 3 dps lines? Only one line at a time has ever been worth using and if we can even get red and blue relevant at the same time that would be a huge achievment.
    Its up for debate exactly what would be in the support line. Alot of what is there is support already. There could be a verticle row of talents to get different traps(traps would need to be changed or reduced somewhat id guess). You could have mits and some survivability points. Honestly the majority of the "quality of life" points from red and blue could move over. For example Strength of the earth, find the path movement speed, bodkin arrows, bow of the righteous, and since red has become pretty loaded for trait points after the last update you could even move heartseeker to the yellow tree with all of its trait buffs.
    These are all just suggestions.

For anyone who wants to complain about their "main" yellow line, no one has seriously played yellow at end game content in any meaningful way for probably close to 12+ years. 12+ YEARS. So anyone saying they are holding out for PVE is just lying.
    For pvp technically the unique playstyle would not be going away completely. You would just play blue line hunter now in pvp but you would get access to most traps. Sure the damage of the traps might be reduced or removed but you would get 2-3 CC traps while also playing a high damaging mobile hunter, instead of a gimped trap cc bot whos lingering arrow hits for 5k on a 3.7million morale creep.

This would lastly give things like proper traps and thrown traps to red line or even blue line when soloing harder content.
    Please give it a thought. The idea of playing blue or red line while having some of the survival and cc tools of yellow would be amazing.

Lastly do not make hunter have a full fledged support line........ We do not need another support or hybrid support in this game! The effort to not only create somthing that would either overpower the hunters other lines or to even balance against all of the other support line in the game is just too much. Do not be deluded by the fact that having a "support" hunter line will not come with the support or hybrid class tax that classes like beornings, Rks, and captains get. Captain just got a dps buff but its still heavily behind current hunter/ward/champ in thier dps setups and its support has been slowly nerfed bit by bit over the last few years. Just make Red and Blue good. Hunter is SSGs dps benchmark right? Dont make it complicated for no reason.
    Last edited by Khluzainn; Mar 31 2023 at 01:01 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3