We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlenn View Post
    Hi, first a small but constant annoyance - the recent change requiring captains to reapply improved motivating speech every five minutes when we would never want it off.
    i actually have grown to love this change because now the speech buffs persist through captain defeat/disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by OnnMacMahal View Post
    Hello Captains! I'd like to start a discussion about the current state of the captain class.
    CPT has been my main since Alpha II so I've experienced the highs and many lows for the class. I really don't want a big re-write of the class; I think the existing skills and dynamics are sufficient and don't need complexity added to them. What the class needs more than anything is a DPS boost, especially for red line. I saw the mention of upping the heralds' damage which is a good start. Adding some base damage across the board for all/most of the skills I think would be a great first revision pass, then the results can be given some time to marinate before determining whether a second pass is necessary.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    CPT has been my main since Alpha II so I've experienced the highs and many lows for the class. I really don't want a big re-write of the class; I think the existing skills and dynamics are sufficient and don't need complexity added to them. What the class needs more than anything is a DPS boost, especially for red line. I saw the mention of upping the heralds' damage which is a good start. Adding some base damage across the board for all/most of the skills I think would be a great first revision pass, then the results can be given some time to marinate before determining whether a second pass is necessary.
    How they can increase DPS for captain without making him too OP? Every class must have his own weakness. And yes, I have captain for many years too.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    How they can increase DPS for captain without making him too OP? Every class must have his own weakness. And yes, I have captain for many years too.
    It always made sense to me that captains do garbage DPS since they are the most sought after class for group content. Every raid has always needed 1 captain and usually 2, with a little rework to blue they could have 3 spots in raids. It seems the direction they are moving with classes though is to have every class have a viable DPS line so they can fill that role for solo/small group content.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    It always made sense to me that captains do garbage DPS since they are the most sought after class for group content. Every raid has always needed 1 captain and usually 2, with a little rework to blue they could have 3 spots in raids. It seems the direction they are moving with classes though is to have every class have a viable DPS line so they can fill that role for solo/small group content.
    They already say what every class with red spec must deal 10-15% less damage when Hunter/Champion, but looks like they forget about Captain with that

You increase the base skill damage. This increases the CPT's DPS without increasing anybody else in their group's damage.
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    You increase the base skill damage. This increases the CPT's DPS without increasing anybody else in their group's damage.
    And also that increase Captain's healing

How they can increase DPS for captain without making him too OP?
    There are a few ways to achieve this. I've suggested adding a DPS stance similar to Minstrel's War Speech some time ago. It could work like this:
    - doubles outgoing damage (at least. At the current state of Cappy DPS, this would need to be triple damage or more. )
    - makes buffs self only (maybe self & herald only?)
    - makes heals self only (maybe self & herald only?)
    - changes banners to some kind of self only buff
    - no Oathies
    - cannot be changed mid-combat (to prevent throwing all buffs, then going full DPS)
    - cannot be used for a minute after activating Oathies (to prevent throwing Oathies pre-fight, then swapping to DPS stance)

The most tricky thing for the devs is to think of all the ways a player could circumvent the "either DPS or buff stick" restriction, and implement it so that no exploiting is possible. (Players are VERY creative when it comes to circumventing restrictions.)
    Last edited by Gorikon; Jan 17 2023 at 05:44 AM. Reason: No Oathies restriction added

And also that increase Captain's healing
    That affects his self-healing, which as a red captain is kinda sad.

U35 and the Yello Captain

Quote Originally Posted by OnnMacMahal View Post
    Hey folks,

As with the warden thread, I wanted to say thank you again for your continued engagement with this topic. With Captain work now underway, I'm looking forward to kicking off a new conversation with a more detailed look at some of the upcoming changes soon.
    So why is the Yello Captain getting a nerf in U35?
    most people here are calling for a DPS bump in captain solo play...

Quote Originally Posted by fealegwe2 View Post
    So why is the Yello Captain getting a nerf in U35?
    most people here are calling for a DPS bump in captain solo play...
    Is there a U35 beta somewhere?

seconded - fix halberd animations

Quote Originally Posted by savetheroadtodoriath View Post
    It'd be nice if Halberds had a reason to exist again. A significant class weapon passive to Halberds would be great, as is everyone uses swords nowadays which removes an interesting part of gearing and makes us generic like everyone else.

I want to equip my Captain's Arm cosmetic again, it was so iconic.
    Seconded. fix halberd animation speeds so that the only performance difference between a 2-handed sword and halberd is the auto-attack bonus of 2% parry vs ... whatever it is that halberds do.... auto-attack crit chance i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    Seconded. fix halberd animation speeds so that the only performance difference between a 2-handed sword and halberd is the auto-attack bonus of 2% parry vs ... whatever it is that halberds do.... auto-attack crit chance i think?
    It'd be pretty annoying if they made Halberds good after everyone has already put all their enhancements into a 2H sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Is there a U35 beta somewhere?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comme...take_a_gander/

@SSG - I have read your plans regarding the captain and for now, I have to say: thank you. You have listened to the feedback, as is evident from the "solo-stance" idea, and all of us useless rCappies are grateful.
    God dammit, can't wait (:

Give us hobbit captains! You can literally *become* the equivalent of a hobbit captain in game through a series of quests already. Bounders sheriff, amirite? I would absolutely main a hobbit captain if we had them available. And that's before all these amazing plans in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Broinfinn View Post
    Give us hobbit captains! You can literally *become* the equivalent of a hobbit captain in game through a series of quests already. Bounders sheriff, amirite? I would absolutely main a hobbit captain if we had them available. And that's before all these amazing plans in the works.
    actually cursed, refrain from this suggestion ever again
    WhiteGoliath

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6