We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Three Debuffs

Three Debuffs

Dear SSG, I would like to draw your attention to the mechanics of the execution of skills by a Lore-master. Today there are three parameters that affect the speed of execution of almost all of our skills. I'm talking about "Attack speed", "Induction" and "Induction set back from damage". In LOTRO, there are many negative effects with a combo decrease for Attack speed/Induction. Where most of the other characters will receive only a moderate reduction in their capabilities, a Lore-master may be affected to all three penalties at the same time. In my opinion, this situation is not very fair in relation to not the most tenacious class. In one way or another, almost all Damage skills (including those that cause Healing), Healing skills and CC/Debuff skills are affected. I'd like to see some improvements in this part. If such changes are not in your plans, please, at least partially bring the Healing and CC skills out from such a complex impact. Thanks.

-Update- A Lore-master have a few Traits which allow to lower the induction time. Is it possible to allow them to reduce "Attack Speed/Induction" simultaneously? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flamestrom View Post
    -Update- A Lore-master have a few Traits which allow to lower the induction time. Is it possible to allow them to reduce "Attack Speed/Induction" simultaneously? Thanks.
    There are attack speed reductions in all 3 trees, 2 of them in blue tree, plus traceries as well. Blue tree also has a trait that triggers a 0 induction on next skill use when using a pet on a pet crit. Blinding Flash can also remove an induction when it's available.

Yes, all induction reductions stack.

Unfortunately, there is no "Attack speed" reduction for a LM in any Line. Only a little bit for your pets in a Blue one. "Zero induction time" effect has a probabilistic nature with noticeable CD (15 secs at best) and does not apply to other Lines. "Induction reductions stack", that you've mentioned, is a bare minimum for any LM. A very few skills with instant cast "here and there" doesn't solve the problem anyway. We need a systematic approach (imho).

Unfortunately, there is no "Attack speed" reduction for a LM in any Line. Only a little bit for your pets in a Blue one. "Zero induction time" effect has a probabilistic nature with noticeable CD (15 secs at best) and does not apply to other Lines. "Induction reductions stack", that you've mentioned, is a bare minimum for any LM. A very few skills with instant cast "here and there" doesn't solve the problem anyway. We need a systematic approach (imho).
    Coordination:
    When your animal companion lands a critical strike, your next skill has no induction.
    This effect cannot trigger more than once every 10s.
    From the wiki ^

So, up to 6 skills per minute in blue tree have no induction. My blue tree setup doesn't use the tracery and I have either 0.4 or 0.8 induction. The 0.4 are barely noticeable and the 0.8 are bigger damage attacks (except for sticky tar). Coordinating the bigger inductions with "Coordination buff" is part of learning the tree.

But I'm good with eliminating inductions

Naaa, the induction is supposed to represent our rummaging around in our many pockets for the physical components to our skills. For example Sticky Gourd, we have to find the bottle or small gourd with the tar in it, then throw it. Then there is Sticky Tar, find in what ever pocket a pine cone to set a-light to set the tar on fire. The induction makes sense.

Do I like the induction delay, nope, but it makes sense and is not that hard to adjust to as you learn to be a Lore-master.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    Coordination:
    When your animal companion lands a critical strike, your next skill has no induction.
    This effect cannot trigger more than once every 10s.
    From the wiki ^

So, up to 6 skills per minute in blue tree have no induction.

If pet deals critical hit in the very beginning (let's say you're lucky one), you'll get 2 buffs simultaneously - "Coordination" and "Critical Coordination". After your hit you'll get a CD - "Critical Coordination - Recovery" (15 secs). Sometimes you can get these buffs separately, but I've never seen a new "Coordination" (zero induction time) right after 10 secs from the previous one. So, you'll get 3-4 skills in a 1 min (again, if you're lucky and pet will deals critical hit every time when you need it). I've also checked lotro-wiki and found nothing about "Coordination" that, you say, cannot trigger more than once every 10 secs (pls, share a link). Instead, I found this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Coordination and this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Critical_Coordination. Anyway, how could it help to all LMs except the Blue ones?
    Last edited by flamestrom; Oct 06 2022 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Naaa, the induction is supposed to represent our rummaging around in our many pockets for the physical components to our skills. For example Sticky Gourd, we have to find the bottle or small gourd with the tar in it, then throw it. Then there is Sticky Tar, find in what ever pocket a pine cone to set a-light to set the tar on fire. The induction makes sense.

Do I like the induction delay, nope, but it makes sense and is not that hard to adjust to as you learn to be a Lore-master.
    What about the "Attack Speed" description? My hands are shaking - can't be able to turn the pages?

Having spent much of our developing years inside with scrolls, books, home chemistry lab, etc. Unlike those who were outside being all physical and such; our strength, coordination, agility, and hand eye coordination is not the best. Thus, leading to our slower attack speed.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

and Star Citizen…

The first part of your description more or less corresponds to Saruman. The second one is much closer to the real description of the LM's prototype - Gandalf. Who, being a wanderer, did not hang out in the lab most of his life among reagents and scrolls. He studied the world himself, and therefore did not experience any problems with strength, coordination, agility or hand eye coordination. Remember what he told Bilbo - the world is not in your books and maps. It's out there... You've missed it all.

If pet deals critical hit in the very beginning (let's say you're lucky one), you'll get 2 buffs simultaneously - "Coordination" and "Critical Coordination". After your hit you'll get a CD - "Critical Coordination - Recovery" (15 secs). Sometimes you can get these buffs separately, but I've never seen a new "Coordination" (zero induction time) right after 10 secs from the previous one. So, you'll get 3-4 skills in a 1 min (again, if you're lucky and pet will deals critical hit every time when you need it). I've also checked lotro-wiki and found nothing about "Coordination" that, you say, cannot trigger more than once every 10 secs (pls, share a link). Instead, I found this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Coordination and this - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Critical_Coordination. Anyway, how could it help to all LMs except the Blue ones?
    I stand corrected, there is no reset timer. There is only a "use" timer of 10 seconds. If your pet triggers another event while a "use" timer is active it just resets the "use" timer back to the 10 seconds no matter what.

Just tested it and love the trigger. Yes, only blue tree has that option. Which is my favorite tree to play

This is also how feeding your pets makes a difference.

The first part of your description more or less corresponds to Saruman. The second one is much closer to the real description of the LM's prototype - Gandalf. Who, being a wanderer, did not hang out in the lab most of his life among reagents and scrolls. He studied the world himself, and therefore did not experience any problems with strength, coordination, agility or hand eye coordination. Remember what he told Bilbo - the world is not in your books and maps. It's out there... You've missed it all.
    That was Gandalf, a Maia, not human; different species, different rules. LOTRO LMs are Human or Elf and now Hobbit all three humanoid.

Gandalf could and did solo a Balrog, show me a humanoid LM that can do the same.

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    That was Gandalf, a Maia, not human; different species, different rules. LOTRO LMs are Human or Elf and now Hobbit all three humanoid.

Gandalf could and did solo a Balrog, show me a humanoid LM that can do the same.
    Great, great... I see that you are not confused at all by humans, elves and now even hobbits throwing lightning (I will note - with unjustified penalties). Your own task to find a special humanoid-prototype I'll leave to you. Try to start your search in a piles of scrolls around (the Silmarillion, the Hobbit and the LotR doesn't count). And yes, keep us updating how's your research going. During breaks, pls, try to write at least something on the topic.

Great, great... I see that you are not confused at all by humans, elves and now even hobbits throwing lightning (I will note - with unjustified penalties). Your own task to find a special humanoid-prototype I'll leave to you. Try to start your search in a piles of scrolls around (the Silmarillion, the Hobbit and the LotR doesn't count). And yes, keep us updating how's your research going. During breaks, pls, try to write at least something on the topic.
    Is that all you have to say? Is there not something of worth to the conversation that you can contribute? Sigh…

and Star Citizen…

Found it!!! I knew I read it somewhere.

On the trait panel before you select a tree. At the bottom of the description for blue tree it says: This effect cannot trigger more then once every 10 seconds.