We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Why stack outgoing healing rating after you reach cap (70%)??

I thought I had this figured out, that I could stop choosing the outgoing healing items (and essences?!) once I reached the 70% cap. (When I'm healing in blue line, I get the 80% because of blue line traiting)

Yet, I keep seeing other minstrels with tons of outgoing healing ratings on equipment and then essences too.

Are they ignorant, or am I? Or am I misinterpreting, i.e. they didn't choose that gear because of outgoing, but for some other reason, such as higher Vitality (and usually that gear has lower or non-existent Will)? Or is there some effect in the higher tiers of instances where stacking MORE outgoing healing modifies your healing despite the (supposed) cap? Something else? Can anyone help me to understand this? Thank you.
    Last edited by greendarner; Sep 09 2022 at 03:10 PM.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

NINETY people looked at this and not one reply. Huh.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Post Reply from another healer

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    I thought I had this figured out, that I could stop choosing the outgoing healing items (and essences?!) once I reached the 70% cap. (When I'm healing in blue line, I get the 80% because of blue line traiting)

Yet, I keep seeing other minstrels with tons of outgoing healing ratings on equipment and then essences too.

Are they ignorant, or am I? Or am I misinterpreting, i.e. they didn't choose that gear because of outgoing, but for some other reason, such as higher Vitality (and usually that gear has lower or non-existent Will)? Or is there some effect in the higher tiers of instances where stacking MORE outgoing healing modifies your healing despite the (supposed) cap? Something else? Can anyone help me to understand this? Thank you.
    Oh that is beyong me too, i stopped stacking outgoing healing long ago that i can get plenty & more out of my traceries & other gear pieces as a secondary stat, not even the main reason why i choose to wear that piece. & i'm not complaining about high stats on superior quality gear that took me a lot of effort to get. It certainly makes my toon sturdier & i can achieve more things on my own. 70% outgoing heal, is more than needed to solo. When i do raids or high tier instance, it is a different matter, seems like every bit can make a difference. Specially when some bosses have corruptions that can make your toon skills weaker, slower or plain stune you. You need to get those heals out big & fast. & then some fellows only stack moral, no defensive stat at all, what makes your attempts to keep them alive even harder than should be. Maybe they are stacking outgoing heal beyond cap to compensate for all those extra difficulties.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 09 2022 at 05:07 PM.

The forums are honestly useless sometimes. You'd have better luck asking such questions on the subreddit. At least you'd have gotten responses.

Outgoing healing has a cap of 70% (plus the extra percent from traits, set bonuses, etc). The rating required to reach that cap is 2495000. There is no point going over cap, you are essentially sacrificing stats that could have gone into something more useful, be it critical rating or mits or vitality.

The *rating* is different than straight up buffs and debuffs to your percentage. For example, you have traits and buffs that increase outgoing healing by a percentage, this doesn't increase the rating by that percent, it straight up increases the healing by that percent. This is how you go overcap. Very nice to have.

There isn't any real reason you would want to go over cap with the rating, you get to the point of diminishing returns once you do, and with healing you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage if you only prioritize the one stat. No good if you're overcap with healing and roll into a raid with like 600k morale.

Also consider incoming healing on other characters. Yellow cappy is known for increasing the heals further due to their buffs. Tanks will oftentimes have some spare stats into incoming healing to help you. Critical rating is also great to have in tandem with healing because heals do crit a lot with a high chance.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    The forums are honestly useless sometimes. You'd have better luck asking such questions on the subreddit. At least you'd have gotten responses.

Outgoing healing has a cap of 70% (plus the extra percent from traits, set bonuses, etc). The rating required to reach that cap is 2495000. There is no point going over cap, you are essentially sacrificing stats that could have gone into something more useful, be it critical rating or mits or vitality.

The *rating* is different than straight up buffs and debuffs to your percentage. For example, you have traits and buffs that increase outgoing healing by a percentage, this doesn't increase the rating by that percent, it straight up increases the healing by that percent. This is how you go overcap. Very nice to have.

There isn't any real reason you would want to go over cap with the rating, you get to the point of diminishing returns once you do, and with healing you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage if you only prioritize the one stat. No good if you're overcap with healing and roll into a raid with like 600k morale.

Also consider incoming healing on other characters. Yellow cappy is known for increasing the heals further due to their buffs. Tanks will oftentimes have some spare stats into incoming healing to help you. Critical rating is also great to have in tandem with healing because heals do crit a lot with a high chance.
    To clarify, there isn't diminishing returns OVER cap. There is diminishing returns up until cap- the first 5% takes 122k but the last 5% takes 258k. Once you hit 2,495,000 outgoing healing any points over that literally do nothing. It's possible other minis OP is inspecting are not well geared enough to be capped without essences. Keep in mind it's not just traits but also set bonuses on LIs and gear that can add additional %'s, but 70%/2,495,000 is absolute hard cap from stats. In general I recommend getting within an essence of cap (include buffs if you wish) but never overcapping due to those diminishing returns.