We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help..not wanted as Blue Capt

I want to play Blue Captain, but everyone telling me they are garbage.

What needs to change to make them viable and wanted? I wanted to play a melee style healer...in the fray doing heal and damage, but everyone saying Blue is no good.

I'm told to play Bear for melee healer, but I dont like the animal forms.

Sad panda

I'm with you here, I always play a celric type healer if I can, a melee healer.

A lot of things need to be changed for Blue Line to be viable. basiclaly we only have aoe hots, that is not enough to keep a tank or a group alive under spikes. We need real heals, single target heals, reactive heals, saves for the "oh damn" moments and many other changes. I really hope the changes that are to come will make us real healers.

P.S. I do not like the bear form either, besides Beorning does not feel like a true healer either. He's like a Blue Captain counterpat-only burst heals, no hots or anytihng to maintain on people. The class is only popular because of debuffs and raid heals, the only class with the raid wide heals in the game for now.

I enjoy their aspect of doing HoTs, makes for a good general raid healer, just seems like they need to up their healing abilities.

I wouldn't mind that being their niche, good constant healing for MANY people. But since there is spike damage in the game, I dont know what the answer is for a healer designed for AoE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshen View Post
    I want to play Blue Captain, but everyone telling me they are garbage.

What needs to change to make them viable and wanted? I wanted to play a melee style healer...in the fray doing heal and damage, but everyone saying Blue is no good.

I'm told to play Bear for melee healer, but I dont like the animal forms.

Sad panda
    Blue cappy's main weakness is its lack of single-target spike healing, meaning it is deficient at healing tanks. To address this, Words of Courage could be changed to grant all its healing at once to your Song-Brother.

I would mirror the above statement. Their Heals Per Second is quite impressive. Damage spikes require burst healing and the captains have a severe lack of this type of heal :/