We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hunter

Hunter

Misdirection
    50 yd range
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Hunter
    Requires level 27
    Misdirects all threat you cause to the targeted fellowship or raid member, beginning with your next attack within 30 sec and lasting for 8 sec.

(aka transfer your threat to the target)

Just copy/paste it pls

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Misdirection
    50 yd range
    Instant 30 sec cooldown
    Requires Hunter
    Requires level 27
    Misdirects all threat you cause to the targeted fellowship or raid member, beginning with your next attack within 30 sec and lasting for 8 sec.

(aka transfer your threat to the target)

Just copy/paste it pls

Thanks!!!
    So a skill similar to how Ebbing Ire used to work for champs.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

It could be an interesting skill if the aggro system worked as it did in the old days. However it seems a white elephant in the current game which is full of taunt skills.

Quote Originally Posted by velah View Post
    It could be an interesting skill if the aggro system worked as it did in the old days. However it seems a white elephant in the current game which is full of taunt skills.
    Wont call it full of taunt skills. All tanks have ONE aoe taunt, with 30+ sec cd.
    Take HoR boss 1 for example, or any aoe fight. All tanks have one reange aoe taunt skill, which is a waste to use right at the start, becase you wont copy treath.
    On hor 3 tanks like beo, wrd, brawler, champ often fail to lock agro on boss 1. I see it happens even on cpt and guard if dps is too spamy.
    Adding such tank helper skill to hunter arsenal will make pug instance/raids experience smoother.

Didn't WOW have something similar 16 years ago? Latterly I was marshalling the hunter group and remember a key part was setting up multi mob pulls onto the Tanks.

I preferred the days when all earned and dealt with their threat and it's consequences.

I'm hazy on the scenario of a hunter unleashing HS to "pull" one of many mobs and a Fray say from a guardian on that target with where the guard stands in the scheme of all the other mobs threat. Does their now extensive threat on that first target effect all the adds in any way?

I'd think you would have to have some basic coordination at least so the tank was first to attack and follow that HS with a fray or similar.

Putting a Misdirection holey in the hands of any hunter while the tank is afk sounds very bad. The abuse of it on squishes inviting much discord. Perhaps if tied in with a mechanic such as a guardians' Protection or Cappy's Brother skill it would prevent abuses.
    Last edited by DoRonRon; Oct 21 2022 at 09:25 AM.

I certainly had a bit of fun playing ping pong, piggy in the middle, with another hunter in the past. Rather it was left up to how adept they are doing it over them taking turns with one skill, as cheesy as the taunt mechanics.

If your tanks are mindless grunts these days perhaps that's the problem.

Bullroarer Update 35 - Beta #1 - Hunter power consuption issue

Hunters got a big issue with power consumption

Win 50k fate our power (97k bugged?) run out in max 1 minute fighting with the SPS Training-Dummy
    I noticed by all hunters the same big power consumption's.
    On the live server I have just 23k fate an after 3 minute fight with the Training -Dummy, my power 6k is more then 80%