We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: The End!

The End!

After several tries the company refuses to help me recover my hacked account that goes all the way back to beta, blaming me for not securing my account when they do not offer any ways to actually secure it!

At this point it's time to give up and say goodbye. Clearly they do not want my business and I'm not willing to start over and pay again for points and all that. No way.

Best of luck for those of you who carry on! For me this is the end - onto greener and more modern/secured pastures.

Sorry to hear of this.

When did it happen?

I notice that those who complain about the loss of their account, are very often long term players, with LTA or founder status. Are they only the most vocal, or have they been the target of a hacking campaign? If yes, how?

Not too long ago, I got curious what become of a specific east asian mmo, that I had left ago after an extreme hacking wave (north america department), and found that it was discontinued; but some person had somehow acquired an older version of this game and was hosting servers for three continents, each with one PvE and one PvP server, altogether with a shop. To me, this looked a bit too professional to be a love project, so I decided to ignore it. Who can tell whether this client is actually genuine, and not laced with spyware? Better keep at a great distance from such a thing.

Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

I decided to change my password because my old one was very easy. I changed my password, but I didn't receive a confirmation email. Now I can't log in with a new password! (with the old password too).
    ‘Forgotten your password’ emails don’t arrive either (tried from different browsers, checked all folders in the mail)

I lose hope when I read stories like mine. I don't want to lose my account. Lotro was the only thing that took my mind off my anxiety.

How long does it take for a support team to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Minubellas View Post
    I decided to change my password because my old one was very easy. I changed my password, but I didn't receive a confirmation email. Now I can't log in with a new password! (with the old password too).
    ‘Forgotten your password’ emails don’t arrive either (tried from different browsers, checked all folders in the mail)

I lose hope when I read stories like mine. I don't want to lose my account. Lotro was the only thing that took my mind off my anxiety.

How long does it take for a support team to respond?
    Sadly, SSG has the worst customer service of any western MMO in the industry. While they are helpful at times, most of the time they are dismissive and even confrontational. The production team (not the developers) are also not very honest most of the time. This is a carry-over from Turbine, who was also notoriously bad with customer service and forthright community relations.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

I have also lost access to my account, but I don't understand how. I never got any notification about changed account details and you can't even change the username. But forgot username/password both do not work (I know my email address and username). Only my email address is taken (when creating a new account) but my old username seems to be available. I haven't received any marketing emails since 2020, so something must have changed then.

I have a lifetime subscription that I bought over 10 years ago...

And I cannot post in the forums with this account, only answer to this thread!?