We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can we discuss the state of captain's heralds?

So, as things stand now for raiding tank captains, our heralds are largely useless unless there is some technique I am unaware of for their survival. Good example is Hrimril right now. The only chance for the pet to survive tanking this fight is to park them on STAY orders off to the side of the dragon. This is not even foolproof because the dragon will breathe or drop puddles on the herald ending their life in short order. We need them up for at least a handful of skills. One of these skills is tied to our shield-brother being alive and is one of our more powerful skills. I try to put SB on the 2nd tank but, then they run off and the SB link is broken. Now instead of tanking I must then swap to the herald to put out a SB link. Much of the time, the herald has died very recently so i must summon them back first. Hrimril smacks the herald upon summoning and now I have wasted time attempting to cast Inspire, then link to pet, then resummon the pet, and now I have nothing to show for it. How is this remotely acceptable to you as developers? A key ability of the captains is disabled because you choose not to make our heralds either resist all/most damage or at least give them a comparable morale pool to match the captain's.

Red cappy herald is largely useless because their dps is rock bottom if it even hits the target. Also, the same issues as yellow captain in that it is quite prone to dying from some nearby effect that hardly touches us, their controller. Luckily, as red cappy I am typically nearby the group so maintaining my Blade-Brother link is less troublesome. Still, the herald can be safely ignored most of the time simply because their value in the middle of a fight is minimal and truthfully I only use my red cappy herald for their big heal ( which requires them to be in combat which opens another ugly can of worms). Sigh.

I choose not to comment on blue spec cappy heralds as the blue cappy ( in theory) should have a lot of HoTs hitting them. Also, it is very rare to see a blue cappy in any sort of raid/instance environment.

Any comments/feedback/tips to share?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPlayerGator View Post
    So, as things stand now for raiding tank captains, our heralds are largely useless unless there is some technique I am unaware of for their survival. Good example is Hrimril right now. The only chance for the pet to survive tanking this fight is to park them on STAY orders off to the side of the dragon. This is not even foolproof because the dragon will breathe or drop puddles on the herald ending their life in short order. We need them up for at least a handful of skills. One of these skills is tied to our shield-brother being alive and is one of our more powerful skills. I try to put SB on the 2nd tank but, then they run off and the SB link is broken. Now instead of tanking I must then swap to the herald to put out a SB link. Much of the time, the herald has died very recently so i must summon them back first. Hrimril smacks the herald upon summoning and now I have wasted time attempting to cast Inspire, then link to pet, then resummon the pet, and now I have nothing to show for it. How is this remotely acceptable to you as developers? A key ability of the captains is disabled because you choose not to make our heralds either resist all/most damage or at least give them a comparable morale pool to match the captain's.

Red cappy herald is largely useless because their dps is rock bottom if it even hits the target. Also, the same issues as yellow captain in that it is quite prone to dying from some nearby effect that hardly touches us, their controller. Luckily, as red cappy I am typically nearby the group so maintaining my Blade-Brother link is less troublesome. Still, the herald can be safely ignored most of the time simply because their value in the middle of a fight is minimal and truthfully I only use my red cappy herald for their big heal ( which requires them to be in combat which opens another ugly can of worms). Sigh.

I choose not to comment on blue spec cappy heralds as the blue cappy ( in theory) should have a lot of HoTs hitting them. Also, it is very rare to see a blue cappy in any sort of raid/instance environment.

Any comments/feedback/tips to share?
    All heralds should be replaced with stances/ auras. Archer can stay as i is . It have some uses on range puls or low lvl deeds / when solo. Pathfinding on all is awful, they often get stuck and lost. Also the need to resumon them every time you change zones or dismount taxi mount is beyond stupid. Heralds should go. OR if they want to let then stay, atleast buff their dmg OUT OF felowship, raid grps with 300% percent. This will PARTLY solve the captain AWFUL solo play experience, and help us kill regular mob in under 1 min timer . (per kill that is)

The Herald offers an Aura - that is the main Job they have.
    In Raid place the Herald and let him stay, where it is at least more save. The AOE heal will heal him, if the damagespike is not to high.
    The Herald has less damagereduction and to less moral to survive strong hits.

The Brother is in Raid, or Fellowshipplaying seldom on your Herald.
    Read the benefits, that depends on your Skilltree.
    The Bladebrother is good on an often attacking physical damagedealer. You can start to use the critchain.
    The Shieldbrother is often best on the other Tank, if there is one. Else depends on gameplay. The Healer is not a bad option.

If you play Solo, then use the Archer and if get the feeling that the Archer does less damage as 5% of you, then switch to Herald back.
    I had the feeling that the Archer hits more seldom, but crits more often, but that could also depends on the buffs, i share with her/him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    The Herald offers an Aura - that is the main Job they have.
    In Raid place the Herald and let him stay, where it is at least more save. The AOE heal will heal him, if the damagespike is not to high.
    The Herald has less damagereduction and to less moral to survive strong hits.

The Brother is in Raid, or Fellowshipplaying seldom on your Herald.
    Read the benefits, that depends on your Skilltree.
    The Bladebrother is good on an often attacking physical damagedealer. You can start to use the critchain.
    The Shieldbrother is often best on the other Tank, if there is one. Else depends on gameplay. The Healer is not a bad option.

If you play Solo, then use the Archer and if get the feeling that the Archer does less damage as 5% of you, then switch to Herald back.
    I had the feeling that the Archer hits more seldom, but crits more often, but that could also depends on the buffs, i share with her/him.
    There is no need to be passive. Never/ever lost a herald in raid t1/2/3 .
    Archer is useless in solo play /above lvl 70ish. Even if you waste TP to increase heralds dmg. It have some uses to tag far targets, or when do low lvl deeds /he usualy one shot low lvl mobs, but be sure you disable his chaneling skills /you dont need him to waste X seconds chaneling.
    And ofc this is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Archer is useless in solo play /above lvl 70ish. Even if you waste TP to increase heralds dmg. It have some uses to tag far targets, or when do low lvl deeds /he usualy one shot low lvl mobs, but be sure you disable his chaneling skills /you dont need him to waste X seconds chaneling.
    That is great to read.
    I get an other experience, but it looks like very uncommon to never lose a Herald in Fight for me.
    Do you play the Raids on Level, or at least in the Near of you Level?
    Did you skip Rohan?

Explain how it is possible to tank for the entire T2 and never lose your herald. How about T3 ? Please. To me, this seems nigh impossible if you are actually utilizing the herald :/

Explain how it is possible to tank for the entire T2 and never lose your herald. How about T3 ? Please. To me, this seems nigh impossible if you are actually utilizing the herald :/
    Never lot pet as lm and cpt, duno. Didnt even know its possible to get your pet killed, unless you send him to solo "tank".
    Im honest. Also not new player /10y old account/ The only times i lost pet was when im solo, or wen my pet get targeted. Never in aoe.

PIZDQK, are you sure we're talking about the same game?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Never lot pet as lm and cpt, duno. Didnt even know its possible to get your pet killed, unless you send him to solo "tank".
    Im honest. Also not new player /10y old account/ The only times i lost pet was when im solo, or wen my pet get targeted. Never in aoe.
    I know these are forums and people can get really snarky, but I can assure you this is not the case. You do not know me and all I can say is that this claim is incredulous and beyond belief. There is not a raid I don't lose my pet at least a few times and they almost never go off passive/stay. I try to park him places but.... well my initial post explains this problem. I would love to see a little video of tanking HH with a captain herald out on t2 and never getting killed. It would provide me/us with some missing insight to helping our pets survive. This does not mean YOU provide proof. It would be lovely if someone just showed a T2 B1 ( or any boss fight in HH) cappy tank video where a herald doesn't get slaughtered with a frontal at least once per tank session.

I know these are forums and people can get really snarky, but I can assure you this is not the case. You do not know me and all I can say is that this claim is incredulous and beyond belief. There is not a raid I don't lose my pet at least a few times and they almost never go off passive/stay. I try to park him places but.... well my initial post explains this problem. I would love to see a little video of tanking HH with a captain herald out on t2 and never getting killed. It would provide me/us with some missing insight to helping our pets survive. This does not mean YOU provide proof. It would be lovely if someone just showed a T2 B1 ( or any boss fight in HH) cappy tank video where a herald doesn't get slaughtered with a frontal at least once per tank session.
    Actualy i have 2 end game cpt and now i lvl up /slowly/ a 3rd (stout axe )
    Im kinda burnd out and atm i dont even log my X "mains" for t1, but next time i decide to raid (on cpt) im make and upload a vid (will take time, not planing to "end game" soon, but i will)
    Meanwhile il try find youtube vid and check do ppl get their heralds killed.

Boss 2 t4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=extQIf2v9ZE

Boss 3 t3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynsuUeah2Fk&t=30s

Boss 3 t3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMSesRezMyY&t=1208s

Didnt find boss 1 on cpt

I just fast scroll those videos so im not sure do their pet died.

If your pet is on passive and follow you have greater chanses to lost him because he stay right next to you and soack all frontal aoe comming from boss.
    Having it on attack may position him behind or sideway boss and this will guarantee he wont die.
    I dont see why you lost your herald on boss 1 HH t2+
    The only way is if he get marked or stay next to you and stack debuffs.

Anyway, have fun.
    Last edited by PIZDQK; Nov 03 2022 at 01:34 AM.

Cheers for the replies and I shall look around more myself. Appreciated you took my comment for the shocked face I got while reading your statements

On the topic of heralds...I just recently started doing Gundabad missions on my captain and my goodness, often times I just feel like giving up on keeping my herald with me. It's like every time I turn a corner they get stuck behind it, and so then there goes my blade brother skills/inspire. Have to constantly warp them back to me or just resummon them. Not to mention how often blade brother just turns off when zoning. Really hope heralds overall are just given attention whenever captain gets its turn at class changes.