We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gundabad crafted traceries

So, I finally finished the reward track and am wondering how to best put these boxes to use.

One question I had was, can the Gundabad Word of Craft: Focus tracery be used with the Word of Power Skill Induction Speed tracery? They both reduce induction speeds, but by different amounts, and one is a word of craft and one is a word of power. I was confused on this since they both say "unique use" yet they are not the same tracery, either in type or effect, so I don't know if that applies. Next question would be...if they can't be stacked together then what would be the use of the crafted one? It's only a 5% reduction whereas the power one is a 10%, so why would anyone choose the lesser tracery?

Next question is how would a casual, non raiding level 140 best put these two crafted traceries plus the new heraldry crafted tracery to best use? Any advice? I have a level 140 RK and a 140 hunter. I am not expecting to get any more of these boxes so I'll need to work with what I have unless I get really lucky with the RNG before Nov 8th.

I found a video which explained the use of these crafted traceries a little better, but I'm still not seeing an answer about the skill induction traceries. Seems nobody else is asking this question so I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious. If anyone can explain I'd appreciate it!

Yes, you can use both of these.

The unique use means you cannot use more than one each on your LIs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofAngmar View Post
    Yes, you can use both of these.

The unique use means you cannot use more than one each on your LIs.
    Thanks for the response! So you are saying that the induction traceries can both be equipped simultaneously because one is word of craft and one is word of power (meaning they are not "uniquely" the same?)

I'm confused because someone in chat told me they couldn't be used at the same time, because they had the same induction effect and that is what the "unique" referred to. I didn't think that was the definition of "unique" though, I thought it was more like the game had to recognize each item as literally the same (same type, same item name, etc.)

Edited to add: Now I'm leaning towards not using the induction tracery, thinking I'll go with the dev. magnitude one. I am still curious to make sure I understand how it works though in case I ever get more of these boxes in the future.
    Last edited by CloudCastle; Oct 28 2022 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Thanks for the response! So you are saying that the induction traceries can both be equipped simultaneously because one is word of craft and one is word of power (meaning they are not "uniquely" the same?)

I'm confused because someone in chat told me they couldn't be used at the same time, because they had the same induction effect and that is what the "unique" referred to. I didn't think that was the definition of "unique" though, I thought it was more like the game had to recognize each item as literally the same (same type, same item name, etc.)

Edited to add: Now I'm leaning towards not using the induction tracery, thinking I'll go with the dev. magnitude one. I am still curious to make sure I understand how it works though in case I ever get more of these boxes in the future.

For your hunter; take the 10% off inductions from the Word of power basic tracery, now craft the Craft tracery for the Gold Focus and follow that up crafting the Teal version. You have to weave in Heraldry and Crafts to get that 3% crit two set bonus. With those reductions to induction time you get to start a "pull" with Focus and then unleash a Swift bow followed by, critically, a number of focus skills that would otherwise come after losing the short bonus from the Focus skill.
    The Teal and Gold version can currently be used together, I have a backup to slot a Haste when that is eventually deemed not to be intended. I'll notice a change when my Swift-bow induction goes above 1 second. Blue hunter, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    For your hunter; take the 10% off inductions from the Word of power basic tracery, now craft the Craft tracery for the Gold Focus and follow that up crafting the Teal version. You have to weave in Heraldry and Crafts to get that 3% crit two set bonus. With those reductions to induction time you get to start a "pull" with Focus and then unleash a Swift bow followed by, critically, a number of focus skills that would otherwise come after losing the short bonus from the Focus skill.
    The Teal and Gold version can currently be used together, I have a backup to slot a Haste when that is eventually deemed not to be intended. I'll notice a change when my Swift-bow induction goes above 1 second. Blue hunter, ofc.
    Thanks for the response! I did end up going with the dev magnitude one in the end. I still use the 10% induction one (word of power), so at least i have that. If I ever get more of these boxes I'll reconsider my set-up.

I think using both that teal and gold tracery at the same time is a bug, so I'm not going to risk doing that one since I'm sure it'll be patched eventually.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Nay., No Bug., It Will More Than Likely Remain How It Is But Also., After Maxing The Reward Track., Obtaining Gundabad Craft Recipes Are Actually Quite Common, Though Peoples Posts On The AH May Detour You As The Majority Posted Are 200g+ (Non Crit And Crit Versions) Fear Not, And Save Thou Gold

Thanks for the response! I did end up going with the dev magnitude one in the end. I still use the 10% induction one (word of power), so at least i have that. If I ever get more of these boxes I'll reconsider my set-up.

I think using both that teal and gold tracery at the same time is a bug, so I'm not going to risk doing that one since I'm sure it'll be patched eventually.
    Well, I'm happy that I have let SSG know about it, along with the dual use of other non-crit and crit traceries. Up to them to reveal their intentions and make it clear. It's about a new shiny we are left to figure out after all, not coming along-side a dev diary explaining it all clearly. I had gone for Dev Magnitude oneS initially but was persuaded off them by others. I've even switched out of DoTs to focus on Single and AoE taking the coming Delvings in mind. I should make a Bleed Swappy LI for when that becomes the meta one day - once I have the spare resources.

Like others have mentioned if you have the ideal set of characters and level, and you are doing what's advances the tracker the most, you can motor the RT along and have ready access to all the options and test them out if you have stacks of removal scrolls. I plan to have enough Mission handins for patch day to be over half way through the new season tracker. The Writ price of these recipes on BR seems like a much poorer choice for our funds, especially when after three months we aren't told if their dual use is not okay. They aren't going to return our investment in them when they finally make a decision, are they? No skin off my nose, I'm covered.

I plan to have enough Mission handins for patch day to be over half way through the new season tracker.
    You can do this? Since the missions change every day I wasn't sure what would happen if you tried to turn in yesterday's mission today, once it's no longer available.

You can do this? Since the missions change every day I wasn't sure what would happen if you tried to turn in yesterday's mission today, once it's no longer available.
    First let me apologize for suggesting you might have me on ignore in another thread.

Yeah, so that you aren't tied to doing the set missions each and every day. It's only the ones that rotate, not the fixed 10 of Bilbo and others.

Start the week popping in to pick up the Mission quests until you have 15 choice ones for a session. You can choose to do them or hold back on handing in until after the reset.

Then you get to fit them in on your own time and days you have the time to spare. As next week is to be shortened with a Tuesday Patch and a Mission weekly reset, we have time to get ahead of the game. I'm going to bank some of the fixed missions from Bilbo and others in a completed yet to hand in state and then complete this week's missions with WotP ones as usual. I used the delay in release for test run instead this week. Had them all done on the Monday and by Thursday reset had most chars at 30/45 soon after logging in.

It's an odd system though isn't it. They allow you to waste MC on resets then tell you to wait until after the daily reset. Then it's no longer available to choose. Or provide an MC travel option to the npc you are standing next too, who still might ignore you for up 5 minutes anyway. It's like none play the game!

P.S. You are limited only by your available quest slots.

First let me apologize for suggesting you might have me on ignore in another thread.

Yeah, so that you aren't tied to doing the set missions each and every day. It's only the ones that rotate, not the fixed 10 of Bilbo and others.

Start the week popping in to pick up the Mission quests until you have 15 choice ones for a session. You can choose to do them or hold back on handing in until after the reset.

Then you get to fit them in on your own time and days you have the time to spare. As next week is to be shortened with a Tuesday Patch and a Mission weekly reset, we have time to get ahead of the game. I'm going to bank some of the fixed missions from Bilbo and others in a completed yet to hand in state and then complete this week's missions with WotP ones as usual. I used the delay in release for test run instead this week. Had them all done on the Monday and by Thursday reset had most chars at 30/45 soon after logging in.

It's an odd system though isn't it. They allow you to waste MC on resets then tell you to wait until after the daily reset. Then it's no longer available to choose. Or provide an MC travel option to the npc you are standing next too, who still might ignore you for up 5 minutes anyway. It's like none play the game!

P.S. You are limited only by your available quest slots.
    Oh, ok, thanks for the explanation. I tend to forget about the non-rotating missions! I did them once for the story and haven't repeated them since.