We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do high elves move when in stealth?

This is my first high elf hunter and I have the stealth button and turn invisible. You can do a -60 detect, which lays a few seconds. As soon as you move, you lose being hidden. As a regular elf you could move when in that mode. Is there something added at higher levels? I’m lvl 44 right now. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    This is my first high elf hunter and I have the stealth button and turn invisible. You can do a -60 detect, which lays a few seconds. As soon as you move, you lose being hidden. As a regular elf you could move when in that mode. Is there something added at higher levels? I’m lvl 44 right now. Thx!
    As hunter you have Camouflage, skill which keeps you stealthed as long as you are immobile. You will have it regardless of the race.
    As regular elf you get a racial Silvan Shadows skill which is a stealth with -2 stealth level and -50% runspeed, but you can move while stealthed. Cooldown 30min.

As for movement animation there is nothing fancy in there. Can see here for example, female version. https://youtu.be/M1hLTDwGH0c

That's it. How do you get the Silvan one, where you can MOVE while in stealth? I'm looking at the deeds, and there is no option there for high-elves.

I see the camouflage one, but you can't 'move', or you will lose your stealth. How do you move as a hunter 'with' stealth on??

Or as a high-elf, they just removed it (?)

ps: neat video, but that is a WARDEN, not a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    That's it. How do you get the Silvan one, where you can MOVE while in stealth? I'm looking at the deeds, and there is no option there for high-elves.

I see the camouflage one, but you can't 'move', or you will lose your stealth. How do you move as a hunter 'with' stealth on??

Or as a high-elf, they just removed it (?)

ps: neat video, but that is a WARDEN, not a Hunter.
    Hunters can't move in stealth. Sylvan shadows is an (wood) elf only racial trait. Human and dwarf hunters can't move in stealth either.
    Hobbits have a similar racial trait like sylvan shadows,
    Your highelf won't be able to move in stealth. You mixed up racial trait/skill and class skill.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

AWWWW bummer, dude!

I am tempted to reroll a plain Elf, so I can use the Sylvan shadows!
    that was fun sneaking around....

Hunter is one of the few classes where High Elf is not my go to race. I like the sylvan shadows and the +5% bow damage that you get as a regular Elf. Most other classes I go High Elf either for the Light damage bonus or even on RKs for the Run speed boost.

I did not know this but as a Sylvan elf, it makes me smile. Even though Sylvan shadows is rarely used.