We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player, couple of questions.

Hi everyone,

I returned to the game after 2 years and trying to figure out how to play captain now.

1. Red Captain. Should I still have 2h for solo/raid and 1h for raid? If so, could you please share your selection of traceries?

2. Yellow Captain. Traits from blue and red line. Confused a bit with them, seems like I should have 2 branches, one with most from red and another from blue line. Can you please share your traits for tanking?

3. Yellow Captain traceries. I found that people take "Make Hast Duration" and "Muster Courage Fear Resistance", but not "Vocal Skills Healing"
    Why so? do I miss something? I thought that Vocal skills = 35% to both main healing skills and is very good for tanking.

4. Also, I read that there are a lot of changes, so can you share your rotation from tanking and dps?

Thank you for you time and help, guys!

When you are setting up a red captain, the name of the game is always about dealing damage. There is no need for you to try and setup a shield when the tank is there making sure nothing comes after you. So you will want to have your 2-handed weapon. The same applies for traceries. There is just enough traceries with damage to fill out both your legendary items.

Many people will expect a raiding captain to at the very least have Cry of Vengeance to revive two people in-combat. The other traits beyond everything in the yellow tree is flexible. Some people will make sure to have one of the other marks. You aren't there to deal damage, but provide a little contribution to the group when you can.

Vocal Skills Healing only helps "spells" like Rallying Cry, Words of Courage, and Strength in Numbers. Muster Courage is taken for the tactical mitigation and Make Haste is taken for Vitality, both of which helps you to tank better. The benefits for those skills are rather weak when you are primarily trying to tank.

Thank you, WeirdJedi!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivzior View Post
    Hi everyone,

3. Yellow Captain traceries. I found that people take "Make Hast Duration" and "Muster Courage Fear Resistance", but not "Vocal Skills Healing"
    Why so? do I miss something? I thought that Vocal skills = 35% to both main healing skills and is very good for tanking.

Thank you for you time and help, guys!
    There is no tracery you would want to take over Vocal Skills Healing, not even for its secondary stats. Disregard anyone telling you not to take it, as they obviously don't play yellow cappy.