We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

My new Hunter is level 50, and have my first Legendary. How do you slot it to gain exp?

My Legendary bow and sword have the traceries loaded. Now I want them to gain EXP.

I clicked on the carrot, opened the "Legendary" box to see all the tabs.

I went to move my bow into Box 1, but it wont let me slot it.
    How do you slot your Legendary so you start gaining Legendary Exp?
    Last edited by Guidorocker; Nov 12 2022 at 01:06 PM.

That LI panel is the old panel. Just drag the new LI to the proper slot in your Character panel.

You may want to look at wiki or another guide, such as https://lotroplayers.com/2021/10/06/li-guide-u30-3/ to learn how the new system works.

Yes, I understand how the new system works. I'm wondering how you get EXP on the item.

I read all the primers on how the Legendary Item system works, but they don't mention "slotting" the item.
    The bar is still active, so you still need to do that, right?

And by "slotting", i dont mean putting it in the Character bar. I got that. I mean slotting in the tabs 1 through 8 (?) so the item gains experience.
    If you click the carrot, and then click Legendary, the bar comes up to "slot" up to 8 items.

You are still stuck on the old LI design. You do not "slot" the new LIs anywhere except on your char to equip it. The LIs do not gain experience like the old. Your level determines when you can reforge. Reforging will increase the LI dps. At certain key reforges, more slots will be added. Very simple

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    Yes, I understand how the new system works. I'm wondering how you get EXP on the item.
    Just thinking you get exp on the item means you don't understand how the new system works. Like the second poster says, the panel with 1 through 8 you speak of
    is for the OLD LEGENDARY ITEMS. Now each LI has their own panel, accessed by shift + double click on it.

Powering up the LI is either through reforges (based on character level) or by slotting traceries. YOU DO NOT LEVEL THEM UP THROUGH EXP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Okay, thanks for the info.

I have a new character level 50. My last character was level 140 and used the old system and switched to traceries about last spring (?)

I wonder why the "slot screen" is still there. Must be for people using the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    I wonder why the "slot screen" is still there. Must be for people using the old system.
    So people can still appraise their old items; for when they need the extra mats (because carrying around 200k AS sucks) or when they return to the game after a long break and they don't have to start over.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Use legacy enhanceent

Once you have equipped your new LI on your character panel you can examine it by dragging the icon onto the little flame icon botto of the RH colomn. This shows you theraceries etc you have slotted, you enhance theseslotsas you progress using theenhancement runesyou gain or barter. A reforgeadds additional slots for more traceries. Initially you can enhance the slots upto a certain level using the appropriate level runes (runes increent in a set range 45-90, 80-115 & so on) so it's important to match the runes to the level. No point in using runes good for lvl 140 on a ximum level of 85 tracery. As you progress you change & update the traceries to allow the enhanceent off theslot to be increased. You cannot have old & new style LIs equipped simultaneously
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Periadot View Post
    Once you have equipped your new LI on your character panel you can examine it by dragging the icon onto the little flame icon botto of the RH colomn. This shows you theraceries etc you have slotted, you enhance theseslotsas you progress using theenhancement runesyou gain or barter. A reforgeadds additional slots for more traceries. Initially you can enhance the slots upto a certain level using the appropriate level runes (runes increent in a set range 45-90, 80-115 & so on) so it's important to match the runes to the level. No point in using runes good for lvl 140 on a ximum level of 85 tracery. As you progress you change & update the traceries to allow the enhanceent off theslot to be increased. You cannot have old & new style LIs equipped simultaneously
    "Drag to the flame icon" was the original way of opening the LI panel, but most folks find it easier to shift-doubleclick on the LI. Dragging icons around the screen is tiring and error-prone. For me, shift-rightclick on the LI works too, but I keep getting feedback from other players, that it doesn't work for them -- maybe an internationalization issue (?) I haven't inquired what language and keyboard they're using...