We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wizard's Fire in Keeper of Animals?

I took screen shots before the reset. I had Wizard's Fire in Keeper trait line. When I reset it wasn't there. Now, in lotro-wiki, it says that's a Nature's Fury initial skill. I don't see it as an option.

What happened so that I can't get it back? Did they make the change to Nature's Fury to limit it to that line?

The new Lore-master base skill which works like Wizard’s Fire did before u34 is Wizard’s Frost. The only difference between today’s Wizard’s Frost and yesterday’s Wizard’s Fire is that it is cold damage instead of fire damage, and it does less damage.

Red-line Lore-masters also get Wizard’s Fire. Today’s Wizard’s Fire is just like yesterday’s Wizard’s Fire except:
    –Only Red Lore-Masters get it.
    –It restores a little Power instead of a little Morale when consuming a Flanked state.
    –It gives the Lore-master a brief buff to fire damage when consuming a Flanked state.
    –It leaves a little DOT behind on the target or targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    The new Lore-master base skill which works like Wizard’s Fire did before u34 is Wizard’s Frost. The only difference between today’s Wizard’s Frost and yesterday’s Wizard’s Fire is that it is cold damage instead of fire damage, and it does less damage.

Red-line Lore-masters also get Wizard’s Fire. Today’s Wizard’s Fire is just like yesterday’s Wizard’s Fire except:
    –Only Red Lore-Masters get it.
    –It restores a little Power instead of a little Morale when consuming a Flanked state.
    –It gives the Lore-master a brief buff to fire damage when consuming a Flanked state.
    –It leaves a little DOT behind on the target or targets.
    Thanks, I must have missed that in the release notes. I'm not surprised they nerfed the skill. The LM still has plenty of fire skills in blue line and I trait buffs to them from red line. Sad they couldn't leave things alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    Thanks, I must have missed that in the release notes. I'm not surprised they nerfed the skill. The LM still has plenty of fire skills in blue line and I trait buffs to them from red line. Sad they couldn't leave things alone.
    Indeed. The Power restore on Wizard's Fire is basically worthless since Power is usually a non-issue and when it becomes an issue Lore-masters already have methods to restore their own Power. If they wanted to add the DOT and fire damage buff to Red, that would have been fine. I see no reason for nerfing the damage for Blue and Yellow Lore-masters, and the last thing Lore-masters needed was yet... another... skill... to find a place for on their bars when specced Red.

On occasion you have to show your boss that you are doing somehting:-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

There are no fire skills in blue line. The only damage skill you can cast in blue line is MoC and it's listed as a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    There are no fire skills in blue line. The only damage skill you can cast in blue line is MoC and it's listed as a pet.
    True, there are no fire skills in the Blue Trait Line. Nonetheless, there are still fire skills when traited blue. The only boost to the basic fire skills come through leveling and not the blue trait tree.

Oh, the fire skills available when traited blue are Sticky Gourd and Burning Embers and their improved versions.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    Have you not brought an LM to a high enough level to realize that you have enough points to put them into the other two trait lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    True, there are no fire skills in the Blue Trait Line. Nonetheless, there are still fire skills when traited blue. The only boost to the basic fire skills come through leveling and not the blue trait tree.

Oh, the fire skills available when traited blue are Sticky Gourd and Burning Embers and their improved versions.
    Cracked earth is another base tree fire skill that all LMs have.

I agree with others here "Sad they couldn't leave things alone."

Frost lore is twice the animation it used to be and a fraction of the damage fire lore was.

Inner Flame only buffs to 24%, was 36% prior to patch, doesn't align with its description that SSG said they fixed last patch.

./shakeshead