We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

corruption removal required a crit chain what????

ummmm this isn't fair at all, every class has a corruption skill they can use but on burgs there's is greyed out till they make a crit chain.... um I don't know what you were thinking doing that... for instance on Treebeard yellow burg is not making crit chains they are debuffing boss CC control and guess no longer helping taking corruptions off.... please give us back out free to use corruption skill that requires no crit chain.

thank you for listening (I hope)

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Yellow line burg's other corruption removal is Startling Twist. It's aoe, it stuns, and its cooldown can be reduced 2s every time you use Subtle Stab. Only every 25+ seconds as opposed to Purge Corruption's 15s cooldown, but if you're using SS off cooldown for the Glee healing cooldown too, it's not bad, and doesn't require a crit at least.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

thanks but my other issue is.... if there is a corruption of reflect you can't do a crit chain to get corruption remover or you kill yourself. I really really wish they would just take requirement off the corruption removal skill (I think it is not fair at all since all other classes have it without requirements)

Could try lower level Serrated Knives that do next to no damage, still requires a trick consumption. 1 min CD though. What are those Delving rewards for otherwise?

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous. I've doubled my average (solo) time in tier 7 delving missions and started dying again. I can work on my technique some more and probably improve my survivability, but at this point, I'd rather just not do delving missions anymore. The rewards are a joke and I'm starting to hate the mission content anyway.

Devs...please pay attention, this is a huge bug for running Delvings and cripples the burg.
    “You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.” –Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Yellow line burg's other corruption removal is Startling Twist. It's aoe, it stuns, and its cooldown can be reduced 2s every time you use Subtle Stab. Only every 25+ seconds as opposed to Purge Corruption's 15s cooldown, but if you're using SS off cooldown for the Glee healing cooldown too, it's not bad, and doesn't require a crit at least.
    Frisco addressed this pretty well already. Burglars currently have more reliable access to corruption removal than many other classes. You can initiate a fight by using a nondamaging trick, follow it with Startling Twist, and remove a corruption without ever dealing damage, let alone needing a critical hit.

The burglar has numerous key skills which are tied to its crit chain and are otherwise unavailable. This is not a bug, and in general it improves the speed at which you can remove corruptions while Startling Twist is on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by OnnMacMahal View Post
    Frisco addressed this pretty well already. Burglars currently have more reliable access to corruption removal than many other classes. You can initiate a fight by using a nondamaging trick, follow it with Startling Twist, and remove a corruption without ever dealing damage, let alone needing a critical hit.

The burglar has numerous key skills which are tied to its crit chain and are otherwise unavailable. This is not a bug, and in general it improves the speed at which you can remove corruptions while Startling Twist is on cooldown.
    Yes, for Yellow Burglars this is an improvement. And for other specs it still allows the corruption-removing skill to be used more often even if it is tied to the crit chain.

However, as I pointed out when this change was first released to Bullroarer, this makes it much more difficult for Blue and Red Burglars who do have to wait for their crit chain. Playing on Deadly mode on Treebeard or Shadowfax, this has increased the challenge considerably – but not in a fun way.

When a corruption is a damage reflect, as someone earlier in this thread pointed out and as I pointed out some months ago, the Red or Blue Burglar ends up damaging himself or defeating himself depending on the magnitude of the crit needed to unlock the corruption removal. And there is no way around this. The solution in a raid or smaller group is to allow one of your partners to remove the corruption. When alone, you run away or you're dead. And there's no running away in Missions.

edit: A potential solution might be to increase the cooldown on Purge Corruption from 5s to 20s, with a crit chain reducing the cooldown (if the skill is currently on cooldown) by 15s if the crit chain is currently active. There are a number of variations of this approach which could be used to allow Burglars to use Purge Corruption on demand while still requiring the consumption of a crit chain in order to use it more frequently.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jan 05 2023 at 12:48 PM.

I have given up on many things in this game, but I can still point them out.

This is NOT A SOLUTION FOR RED AND BLUE BURGLARS!

This was an absurd change that I can not fathom what it serves. Is it because some of the delvings are extremely easy at T10 for a burglar with stealth? Is it because of pvp that I don't play so I can not know about it?

I don't mind, because I can play my other characters while the right missions appear throughout the week, but it is poor design. Period.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    I have given up on many things in this game, but I can still point them out.

This is NOT A SOLUTION FOR RED AND BLUE BURGLARS!

This was an absurd change that I can not fathom what it serves. Is it because some of the delvings are extremely easy at T10 for a burglar with stealth? Is it because of pvp that I don't play so I can not know about it?

I don't mind, because I can play my other characters while the right missions appear throughout the week, but it is poor design. Period.
    Yes, this is a solution for red and blue burglars, trait Startling Twist for both PvE and PvMP.

In general, Burglars are in a great spot for corruption removal, aoe corruption removal with dust and twist and zero reflect damage, what other class can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Miragael View Post
    Yes, this is a solution for red and blue burglars, trait Startling Twist for both PvE and PvMP.
    Not really a good option for characters below about Level 60 and kind of a pain even for max level Blue and Red Burglars whose planned builds didn't involve going into the Yellow tree just for those skills.

If a skill or skills granted by a trait in a particular tree is so essential that the class is crippled in common situations without it (such as certain Missions/Delving Missions or Legendary Server/Deadly mode), the skill or skills needs to be made a base skill. Or made nonessential, as it was before Purge Corruption was changed to become available only as part of the crit chain.

You are a dev or what? Either way you have no clue. Red and blue burg dont want to waist that many trait points to get twist... you lose way too much damage. You want burgs to gimp themself because you messed up a skill that burgs have had for years and years ? Also as a SSG employee you have no right to tell the players how to play. We pay you not the other way around buddy.
    Last edited by Deathrow6479; Feb 18 2023 at 04:17 PM.

Well, got some spare time to delve into Delvings the last couple of days.

Maybe it wasn't so great to have the reflect malice as my Burglar introduction; my aim was to get most of my capped characters furnished with all four gemstones so start with. Given this thread I proceeded with Serrated knives for the 1 minute CD on corruption removal and the Purge crit chain as is and not Starting Twist from yellow. Getting that final gemstone was a huge pain but corruption removal at lower tiers was not fun either. Waiting around for hope and scroll CDs and lengthier skill CDs was a bore. I don't group, preferring the "solo" challenges.

I think it needs a combo of builds; to have single target damage from trait choice and sticking with knives and purge or going AE with Startling Twist but not going higher than T7 if soloing. I sadly brought AE and Purge to the fight, not a good combo; have Startling Twist traited for the next round...

I forked out the 1995 LP on main and f2p accounts so that my other melee characters could "duo" with my f2p Hunter doing all the work. Only my main hunter and minstrel so far have stuck to solo only and seem superior to any of the other classes I play. They have the range of skills to call on to make them possible. Oddly it's these two characters that have been "lucky" with drops, the duos very much missing out. But it's only been a couple of days. That gets me the Agility and Will gear to share around but no Might for those melee characters (Guard and Champ) on top of their delving disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Miragael View Post

In general, Burglars are in a great spot for corruption removal, aoe corruption removal with dust and twist and zero reflect damage, what other class can do that?
    Taking Startling Twist means losing a lot of important traits from blue (while specced red) and fundamentally slowing down your DPS. Why should I want to stun things when I can do good damage while Provoke mezzing them instead?

The corruption removal change feels very bad outside of Yellow, big misstep imo.

I have multiple trait set ups for different things - currently have like 5 - red line single target, redline multi target, gamble, trickster, hybrid

there is a reason you get to have multiple setups and can add more

if its a case of just one instance, set up a line just for that instance and name it.