We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Final boss in Sarch Vorn keeps bugging out

I've done this instance 4 times now and in 3 out of those 4 the final boss bugged, making the quest stall so the only solution is to start over. I'm getting frustrated because I can't complete this instance on my hunter.

The problem seems to be that if I kill the boss too fast, before he's had a chance to go through his three phases, then he just dies and the quest won't advance. If I try to keep him alive, then he has time to throw around all his death squares and debuffs and I end up dying. I'm not sure how to complete this instance. I'm basically doing small attacks until he does his reflect, then I remove it and kill the adds. By the time the second group of adds appears he's already dangerously low on health (I have to turn away because my auto attacks are hurting him too much.) In the meantime though, he's casting something that's draining my health (skull icon I think) and I end up running out of healing/defense skills/pots and next thing I know I'm dead. I'm running out of the red squares every time I see one but it's not enough. My health drops too fast. If I start using high DPS skills he just doesn't make it to phase three.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I've done this instance 4 times now and in 3 out of those 4 the final boss bugged, making the quest stall so the only solution is to start over. I'm getting frustrated because I can't complete this instance on my hunter.

The problem seems to be that if I kill the boss too fast, before he's had a chance to go through his three phases, then he just dies and the quest won't advance. If I try to keep him alive, then he has time to throw around all his death squares and debuffs and I end up dying. I'm not sure how to complete this instance. I'm basically doing small attacks until he does his reflect, then I remove it and kill the adds. By the time the second group of adds appears he's already dangerously low on health (I have to turn away because my auto attacks are hurting him too much.) In the meantime though, he's casting something that's draining my health (skull icon I think) and I end up running out of healing/defense skills/pots and next thing I know I'm dead. I'm running out of the red squares every time I see one but it's not enough. My health drops too fast. If I start using high DPS skills he just doesn't make it to phase three.
    You talking about solo version of instance? You use horn at entrance to summon npc? He can heal you

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You talking about solo version of instance? You use horn at entrance to summon npc? He can heal you
    Yes, solo version, tier one. She does heal me sometimes but not always at the right times, because I'm still dying (from a DOT I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Yes, solo version, tier one. She does heal me sometimes but not always at the right times, because I'm still dying (from a DOT I think?)
    Prince form have reflect (white skull) you need remove corruptions
    Spirit from have purple eye, with that eye you need drop puddles and move from them

You have blue or red spec? Usually hunter have high enough dps to kill boss faster when boss kill you.

Don't forget what you have healing skills (blood arrow, cry of hunter, press onward, even morale heal from quick shot in endurance stance)

If you want just complete quest, you can try set instance for lower level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Prince form have reflect (white skull) you need remove corruptions
    Spirit from have purple eye, with that eye you need drop puddles and move from them

You have blue or red spec? Usually hunter have high enough dps to kill boss faster when boss kill you.

Don't forget what you have healing skills (blood arrow, cry of hunter, press onward, even morale heal from quick shot in endurance stance)

If you want just complete quest, you can try set instance for lower level
    I am removing the corruption every time I see it (although I thought that was a different purple icon than the skull. Could be I'm getting confused on the icons now.) I get out of the puddles as quickly as I can as well. I use blood arrow, cry of the hunter and press onward to try and stay alive (and pots.) I haven't tried endurance stance. I'm running red currently but I have a blue specced LI than i can use if switching would be better.

If I could just go ahead and kill him without it bugging, the fight would be pretty short and I wouldn't have trouble. Since I can't do that I end up just running around plinking away at him while I try and get through his phases, but my defensive skills don't seem to be enough to keep me alive through his attacks. Hopefully they'll fix it so you can kill him early without bugging the instance.

I could try lowering the level which would probably help me stay alive. I'd just have to be extra careful not to kill him too early!