We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's the point of T1 Sarch Vorn?

Just what the title says....what's the point of T1?
    If the loot table pic that's floating around is to be believed, there is zero chance for a necklace in T1. In fact, the neck only starts being available in T2 at an abysmal drop rate of 2%.
    The problem with this is that T2 is difficult enough, pugs won't take undergeared players...fair enough. So if T1 won't drop it and I've already collected my offhand/shield for the 30th time, why even bother with SV?
    There is zero incentive for a T1 level player to set foot in that instance as part of a 6man group when the rewards for solo/duo are virtually the same with a fairly acceptable drop rate. (Yes, I know item level changes with higher tiers...isn't really relevant for this conversation).

At least Caras Gelebren allows duo players an opportunity to get a cloak, even if it is abysmally low...and I'm ok with that. If I can't do tougher content due to gear or time, I'm ok trying to grind something out even if it takes a year.
    Give T1 a 1% or lower chance and duo a 0.5% or lower chance. Tease me to want to come back and keep trying, because as it stands now, I've run my last SV with my horribly undergeared characters.
    "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Hrori - 130 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Ealle View Post
    Just what the title says....what's the point of T1?
    If the loot table pic that's floating around is to be believed, there is zero chance for a necklace in T1. In fact, the neck only starts being available in T2 at an abysmal drop rate of 2%.
    The problem with this is that T2 is difficult enough, pugs won't take undergeared players...fair enough. So if T1 won't drop it and I've already collected my offhand/shield for the 30th time, why even bother with SV?
    There is zero incentive for a T1 level player to set foot in that instance as part of a 6man group when the rewards for solo/duo are virtually the same with a fairly acceptable drop rate. (Yes, I know item level changes with higher tiers...isn't really relevant for this conversation).

At least Caras Gelebren allows duo players an opportunity to get a cloak, even if it is abysmally low...and I'm ok with that. If I can't do tougher content due to gear or time, I'm ok trying to grind something out even if it takes a year.
    Give T1 a 1% or lower chance and duo a 0.5% or lower chance. Tease me to want to come back and keep trying, because as it stands now, I've run my last SV with my horribly undergeared characters.
    T1 can drop teal bracers, and T2 can be pugable with good healer and dps who understand how move from puddles and don't die from reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    T1 can drop teal bracers, and T2 can be pugable with good healer and dps who understand how move from puddles and don't die from reflect
    Bracers or bracelets, because T1 solo/duo can drop those as well. I've got quite a few.
    As for T2 being done in a PUG, I'm sure it's possible, but I get gear checked every single time I "x" for a T2 SV. Always get the "you're undergeared". I'll continue grinding T7 delvings for that, but you're missing the overall point.
    I can get T1 drops in solo/duo and, without a considerable amount of additional grinding, I'm incapable of getting into a T2 group. (My choice to not raid, etc...I get that) Without a chance for this in T1 6-man, I'll likely never have the opportunity to go after a neck.
    I don't see T1s run on Crick to begin with, and T2s are already slowing down.
    Again, make the chance slim, I don't care, but at least give me an chance and make me want to actually do the new content.
    "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Hrori - 130 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Ealle View Post
    Bracers or bracelets, because T1 solo/duo can drop those as well. I've got quite a few.
    As for T2 being done in a PUG, I'm sure it's possible, but I get gear checked every single time I "x" for a T2 SV. Always get the "you're undergeared". I'll continue grinding T7 delvings for that, but you're missing the overall point.
    I can get T1 drops in solo/duo and, without a considerable amount of additional grinding, I'm incapable of getting into a T2 group. (My choice to not raid, etc...I get that) Without a chance for this in T1 6-man, I'll likely never have the opportunity to go after a neck.
    I don't see T1s run on Crick to begin with, and T2s are already slowing down.
    Again, make the chance slim, I don't care, but at least give me an chance and make me want to actually do the new content.
    Best way to pass gear check... became leader of group and gather friends who can help you complete instance.

If you have problems with gear, I don't see how one single run in SV T2 can help you. And if you get your neck (very low chances on t2), you need 12500 delving writs to upgrade it. For undergeared character, this takes a lot of time too. So better focus on gathering other pieces of gear. Undergeared character will have problems with solo/duo skirmish too. So yes, you right, if you lack of gear, gold neck/cloak not best thing to aim your efforts. But you still have some chances. Depending on what class you have. Undergeared champion/warden, I seen them die a lot in SV T2. RK/Hunter/LM/Mini - you can stack your mitigations and even with not so good gear you have good chances to survive

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Best way to pass gear check... became leader of group and gather friends who can help you complete instance.

If you have problems with gear, I don't see how one single run in SV T2 can help you. And if you get your neck (very low chances on t2), you need 12500 delving writs to upgrade it. For undergeared character, this takes a lot of time too. So better focus on gathering other pieces of gear. Undergeared character will have problems with solo/duo skirmish too. So yes, you right, if you lack of gear, gold neck/cloak not best thing to aim your efforts. But you still have some chances. Depending on what class you have. Undergeared champion/warden, I seen them die a lot in SV T2. RK/Hunter/LM/Mini - you can stack your mitigations and even with not so good gear you have good chances to survive
    Yes, being leader of a group would be good, but I'm often out for long stretches for work, so being consistent in a kin is hard and I don't want to look like I'm getting carried on every run. My wife and I play duo together and have a good time doing it.

Yes, a lot of delving writs are required....except I already have 2 of the upgrade item from doing the delvings. Upgrade items that I can't use. Look how quickly I just knocked off 5000 writs.

And you're right, a single T2 run won't help, but neither will 1000 T1 runs at this point. I'm not asking for top raid gear for running solo stuff nor am I asking for even the same chance at a drop as you'd see on higher tiers. I'd simply like a small chance to grab a neck like there is a small chance for me to grab a cloak when I do T2 CG with my wife.
    Allow me the opportunity to grind away on an item just like everyone else. If I run out of shiny things to chase, I run out of reason to log in.
    Hrori - 130 Guardian

It was always my understanding that when SSG decided to switch from T2c to Tier 1-5 that T1 provided a way for those that just wanted to see the resolution of the stories being told.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Quote Originally Posted by Brinswith View Post
    It was always my understanding that when SSG decided to switch from T2c to Tier 1-5 that T1 provided a way for those that just wanted to see the resolution of the stories being told.
    That's absolutely been my experience in Hiddenhoard. However, t2 is a steep increase in difficulty over t1. I like it, but as always, you gotta work to get progression. Grind embers, run the raid t2 if you can.