We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gundabad Word of Craft: Fury (+5% Devastate Magnitude)

Is this tracery worth it? I normally play blue guardian/yellow burg but I have a few of the new tracery selection boxes spare so was thinking about this on a red build, either burg or guardian. But then I remembered reading somewhere that the devastate mechanic was bugged or less than a critical hit or something. Can anyone enlighten me?

I don't think it's bugged. Possibly you're thinking of champs, who used to be able to buff their crits to the point that a crit hit harder than a devastate? You can always try out a training dummy and see how it behaves for you.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    If You Have Nothing That Increases Crit Chance Besides The Stat Cap Then Nay., But Lets Say Your Running A Class Thats At Crit Cap But Also Has Abilities (active and passive) That Increases Crit Chance (which also increases devastate chance)., And You Feel These Abilities Are Used / Procced Often., Then Yay Maybe., But Personally I Run Yellow RK As Main (crit God) And I Dont Use., Id Rather Have Higher Chances Of Hitting A Regular Crit, Than Every Now And Again, Hit A Devastate (though it is "more common" for me i think its traaaaaaash). Other Crafts Are More Than Likely Best

I'd say using the 5% devastate tracery makes sense if you have another selection box for a heraldric tracery. Let me explain.

My Red Guard LI's have the following Words of Craft:
    2x Heroic Precision --> Set bonus is 3% Crit Chance
    2x Heroic Alacrity --> Set bonus is -3% Attack Duration

These are nice buffs for a melee DD. If I'd replace one of these with the 5% devastate tracery, I'd loose a set bonus.

EXCEPT

If I also can craft a Heraldric tracery with one of these boni (Heraldry of Precision or Heraldry of Alacrity), I can keep the set bonus and also have the 5% devastate damage in addition. (The 5% devastate tracery is one of the few crafted one that makes sense for a melee DD.)

OK I'm gonna replace a Heraldry of the Lion/Heroic Precision which I currently have on my red 2H axe with a Heraldry of the Keen Lion/Gundabad Word of Craft: Fury and watch those Hammer Down devastates roll in

Now I just need to decide if it's worth doing a similar ting on my red Burg...