We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Maybe I completely missed it in the heap of messages. But what will happen to the vocations that have been maxed out or are at high level. Will people keep the crafting tiers that they have worked hard for, or will they have to start again at square one? Big concern there.

Quote Originally Posted by LotteStarlight View Post
    Maybe I completely missed it in the heap of messages. But what will happen to the vocations that have been maxed out or are at high level. Will people keep the crafting tiers that they have worked hard for, or will they have to start again at square one? Big concern there.
    That would be punitive for no reason. What I'm expecting is that everybody's existing crafting progress and vocations/professions won't be touched. I think characters will choose 3 professions of their choice in their newbie phase instead of picking a vocation (with the pre-determined 3 professions). Then there will be a process similar to the current process for changing your vocation but it will allow you to change your professions individually. It seems to me that revamping it this way would be the least amount of work and give the players the most amount of self-chosen customisation.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by LotteStarlight View Post
    We're not quite ready to discuss all of the changes that will happen with crafting and the first part of the changes will be happening behind the scenes.

Rest assured, we will not reset your previous efforts into your vocations.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    We're not quite ready to discuss all of the changes that will happen with crafting and the first part of the changes will be happening behind the scenes.

Rest assured, we will not reset your previous efforts into your vocations.
    Like when crafters had to go out into the wilds to gather particular trophies to make the sort after gear. Had to figure out both the easy and difficult spawning techniques, following pathers, stealth or not, to see where they wander so you can find them another time and pass on that knowledge to those seeking your offerings. But undermined by a generic "shard".

When there were just few 100% critical items in the game from a once only reward to tasks delivering 1 a week for as many characters you have parked at a mass of task boards in a housing instance. Used to be horded for that all important chest piece and now used to auto critical cutting up fish, come on!

The requirement to have seven guilded crafters to cater for all needs slashed to just 4/5 with the addition of secondary guilds (to sell a carry-all concept) and leaning toward a further reduction with theses suggested "improvements".

Or further undermining of crafting, to pander to the lazy and greedy that praises every thing you do? Mob/flock rule? Why would any care now after the heart has been ripped out of it. Or another failed innovation? Convince me it wont just be more changes clueless of what it once was. Too far gone though isn't it? The "economy" is just trying to sell stuff that drops in your lap to those not up to getting it themselves, but no money to afford anything either.

I kind of admire the intent but necromancy? Just make what we have work and be consistent across the tiers and be done. Don't try to hype it up to feed a frenzy only to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    I'm not sure that I understand the question as the prologues for each race do exist already. I will certainly defer to MadeOfLions, but I am not aware of any desire to further revisit the prologues for Hobbits and Dwarfs at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_traveller View Post
    I mean that hobbits and elves do not have their own introduction areas. The elves pass it in the location of the dwarves. And hobbits - in the locations of men.
    I have repeatedly heard from newcomers a reaction to how strange the first impression of the race (after the introduction instance has been completed) in the location inappropriate to it.
    SSG_Orion, don't you think it would be good update of the starting experience?

I always asked myself why player have no title (or some awards like a special tool for instance ) when you finish the Grandmaster level of a Crafting Guild ( or maybe i just didnt saw it yet ? ) because it's quite a hard work to achieve that

Quote Originally Posted by The_traveller View Post
    I mean that hobbits and elves do not have their own introduction areas. The elves pass it in the location of the dwarves. And hobbits - in the locations of men.
    I have repeatedly heard from newcomers a reaction to how strange the first impression of the race (after the introduction instance has been completed) in the location inappropriate to it.
    Orion, is there any ideas about that?
    It could be great to give hobbits and elves their personal introduction areas (after they have the starting instance finished).

Asheron's Call Player Luncheon

I hope you are not still entertaining your fellow Devs with the Drudge Dance. I had the dubious pleasure of seeing this at the ACPL in Boston. I actually enjoyed meeting you and the other Devs. I was there with other members of the Knights of Fortune from the Morningthaw server.

Bryannil Eketta, Hunter
    Fellowship of the Rogues (Rogue Knights on Morningthaw)
    Brandywine Server

Shin Ki-jun in Asheron's Call
    Bryannil Eketta on Brandywine
    Bryaniel Eketta on Ithil
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Member of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by ArahadEketta View Post
    I hope you are not still entertaining your fellow Devs with the Drudge Dance. I had the dubious pleasure of seeing this at the ACPL in Boston. I actually enjoyed meeting you and the other Devs. I was there with other members of the Knights of Fortune from the Morningthaw server. Shin Ki-jun in Asheron's Call
    *sniffle* I miss AC.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9