We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blue Brawler is almost there

I know based on the Beorning's history that it usually takes around 4 years for you to make a new class viable, so good job on getting the Brawler to a nearly perfect state in just 8 months after its release with those changes you made in June. The problem is that you just need to address one more issue with the blue line, namely its struggles with holding initial aggro on a single target. You need to give it an additional aggro skill. My suggestion would be to grant Overhand Smash a short force-taunt effect.

While another taunt skill would be helpfull, I have to disagree on what you said. Brawlers have zero issues holding single target aggro, you can cycle the 2 taunt skills and never lose aggro. If anything, the aoe aggro is the one that could be troublesome, requiring proper positioning to hit the aoe damage skills + aoe taunt.

What? Blue Brawler is a mess, you have like a bunch skills that all basically do the same thing, the class has way too many buff abilities. You could genuinely spend 10 seconds buffing spamming all the redundant skills Brawler has.

Holding aggro is trivial, it's all but impossible to lose aggro after your force taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalrawen View Post
    While another taunt skill would be helpfull, I have to disagree on what you said. Brawlers have zero issues holding single target aggro, you can cycle the 2 taunt skills and never lose aggro. If anything, the aoe aggro is the one that could be troublesome, requiring proper positioning to hit the aoe damage skills + aoe taunt.
    The brawler, unlike guardian and captain, needs to use its AoE taunt in order to hold single target aggro in the opening stages of a boss fight. This screws brawlers badly on many fights. It needs a second single-target taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    The brawler, unlike guardian and captain, needs to use its AoE taunt in order to hold single target aggro in the opening stages of a boss fight. This screws brawlers badly on many fights. It needs a second single-target taunt.
    Can you cite some of those fights you feel brawler gets the underhand? Cause for current endgame content, I cant see any where it would be problematic. And also, unlike captains, brawlers can generate enough threat through damage to hold aggro, even more than a guardian, to delay the use of its taunts. Only aggro thing brawler is weaker, would be getting aggro/threat on distant mobs, specially AoE wise. Mug throw and brash invitation are both only single target, and the class doesnt have any option with comparable range to captain's Elendil Roar or Guardian's war chant, shield taunt. But I feel those are healthy differences between tank classes.

And again, giving another single target taunt skill to brawler would surely be helpfull, but I dont feel its something actually needed.

Can you cite some of those fights you feel brawler gets the underhand? Cause for current endgame content, I cant see any where it would be problematic. And also, unlike captains, brawlers can generate enough threat through damage to hold aggro, even more than a guardian, to delay the use of its taunts. Only aggro thing brawler is weaker, would be getting aggro/threat on distant mobs, specially AoE wise. Mug throw and brash invitation are both only single target, and the class doesnt have any option with comparable range to captain's Elendil Roar or Guardian's war chant, shield taunt. But I feel those are healthy differences between tank classes.

And again, giving another single target taunt skill to brawler would surely be helpfull, but I dont feel its something actually needed.
    I m not sure what others think about current brawler state but given the changes the game has seen the past 5-10years, threat copy skills are nearly a must for all tanks, as the numbers have grown too big in damage etc to counter as a tank with your dps/self heal. After 10s (brawler aoe taunt duration) you ll lose aggro 99% of the time since it was forced taunt and not threat copy.

Even with the 20% threat generation and combining the fellowship decreased threat gen (which you need like 7-8s to build) , you are lagging behind fellowship threat generation. I find the class as of today, nearly impossible to tank multiple mobs and I am quite comfortable tanking everything in the game with my warden. It seems that brawler can only tank single boss situations atm. If you need to get 6 HH set pieces to be able to do enough damage to keep aggro in that sense, then class needs re-design..
    Chrysamere , Warden 140lv r11 - Tanking since 2008

Ok, so it seems that with proper dps setup, you can manage to keep most targets on you. It seems brawler has two different setups required : for single boss tactics , go defensive stance - mettle shield etc , for aoe 6man etc you need to buff your dps and focus on aoe hits with increased threat gen to keep up
    Chrysamere , Warden 140lv r11 - Tanking since 2008