We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Knowledge of Cures skill

Dear SSG, instant-cast for Yellow LM only is wrong. No one deserves such a torture as it is now (sometimes I think it's a Knowledge of self-Curse). To be honest, it's almost useless even for Raids because of lack effect for whole group. Added Resistance Rating makes me sad every time. A bit rework please. Thanks.

Back before trait trees there was a class trait called Proof Against All Ills that made the knowledge of cures group-wide. I have always felt that the skill in the yellow tree, which is for groups, should have that added back in. I believe the hunter's purge poison is group-wide in Yellow (IIRC). The LM skill even, more so, given the support role should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    Back before trait trees there was a class trait called Proof Against All Ills that made the knowledge of cures group-wide. I have always felt that the skill in the yellow tree, which is for groups, should have that added back in. I believe the hunter's purge poison is group-wide in Yellow (IIRC). The LM skill even, more so, given the support role should be.
    Hear! Hear!
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

I remember running Lost Temple and being warned NOT to cure disease on everyone or we'd be in big trouble. That was a fun instance, completing T2C was an accomplishment.

Borking this skill was one of the more egregious failings of the horrendously bad Helm's Deep class update.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    The Purge Poison bonus trait in Hunter Yellow does make Purge Poison apply to the entire Fellowship. It also increases its cooldown quite a bit, from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. I enjoy playing Yellow Hunter but the increased cooldown makes soloing with it quite annoying in some circumstances. So be careful what you wish for in regard to a Lore-master's Knowledge of Cures: It's currently 15 seconds regardless of spec for both Knowledge of Cures and Improved Knowledge of Cures.

I enjoy both Warden and Loremaster- LM's skill removes multiple debuffs but is slower. Warden's skill immediately removes just one debuff. That seems pretty fair...ish?

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    I enjoy both Warden and Loremaster- LM's skill removes multiple debuffs but is slower. Warden's skill immediately removes just one debuff. That seems pretty fair...ish?
    Not really, to be honest (imho). Prefer to remove less but immediately (it's reliable). Besides, Warden have more survivability and could live much longer then a LM. Despite this, I'd like to see the possibility of removing two corruption at once on Warden. A bit offtop (sorry about that), but i have Warden also, he's my second toon and I can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by flamestrom View Post
    Not really, to be honest (imho). Prefer to remove less but immediately (it's reliable). Besides, Warden have more survivability and could live much longer then a LM. Despite this, I'd like to see the possibility of removing two corruption at once on Warden. A bit offtop (sorry about that), but i have Warden also, he's my second toon and I can compare.
    That's fair, I can see that. And yes it would be super nice to have a multi-removal on Warden.

The old party wide wound removal is a noticeable loss. Some mechnaics in older content assume that it would be available, such as Boss#1 in Sammath Gul. Interestingly it does also proc a resistance buff, of about a demisquillionth of a percent...
    Mithithil Ithryndi