We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Patch dat files stuck at 88%

Hello,

TSIA. I did a repair and completely new download which appeared to complete: last time I checked it it was at 97%. An hour later, I started the launcher and once again, it halts at 88% in the patch dat files and refuses to complete.

Any ideas to help?

Thanks,
    Issi
    Cinders, Cinderl, Cinderm, Cinderc, Cinderb, Cinderk, Cindercha, Cinderw and WildlingVal of Landroval:)
    Proud Officer of "Kings Beyond the Wall" kinship:)

Could it be a permissions issue?
    If you right-click on a .dat (or .datx) file, then go properties/security, Authenticated Users should have write permissions on all files.

Also, sometimes Lotro doesn't exit cleanly. Check Task Manager to see if there are any remnants lingering.

Hello,

Any other suggested fixes for this? I am also facing the same issue, stuck at 88% after the last patch and I've been trying whole day.

First thing to try is to run LotroLauncher.exe as administrator. As Oghran said above, this is usually caused by a permissions issue and giving the application full read/write privileges (which is what "run as administrator" is mostly about) works around the problem. Oghran's other suggestion is also a good one: Restart your computer before trying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    First thing to try is to run LotroLauncher.exe as administrator. As Oghran said above, this is usually caused by a permissions issue and giving the application full read/write privileges (which is what "run as administrator" is mostly about) works around the problem. Oghran's other suggestion is also a good one: Restart your computer before trying again.
    Thanks Oghran and Tralfazz! This fixed it for me.