We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Movie/Cinematic Sound does not work on 64bit Client

I recently discovered a sound glitch on my game, and I remembered a long time ago that there was a fix for previous issues if you switched back to 32bit.
    It would seem that I can run the game on 64bit, and everything but the Movie/Cinematic sounds work. I find this is some kind of issue with 64bit in General that the Lotro Team should try to troubleshoot.

The game runs fine on 32bit, and all of the features work despite my PC having the option to run on 64bit. My PC is a Laptop, but I've never had issues with any game playing on 64bit except this one.
    Worst part about this being a fix is the 32bit client will be retiring soon, and I feel the Lotro Team should not retire 32bit if they can't find a fix for the Movie/Cinematic Sound glitch for 64bit.

In case it's needed my PC Specs are:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX 2.30 GHz [Processor]
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 [Graphics Card]
    16.0 GB [RAM]
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Windows 10

The cut scene audio always uses the standard audio output configured in Windows, it ignores volume and output device set using the in-game options. Invoke the Sound Settings control panel while the 64-bit LOTRO client is running. Look near the bottom of the control panel for ADVANCED SOUND OPTIONS which should allow you to set volume and output device on an app-specific basis.

edit for clarification: The 32-bit client (lotroclient.exe) and the 64-bit client (lotroclient64.exe) are two different applications, which is why they might exhibit different behavior in this case.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Feb 14 2023 at 11:28 AM.