We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Please post your feedback regarding the Small Fellowship instance Sant Lhoer, the Poison Gardens in this thread.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Mar 07 2023 at 02:31 PM.
    Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Very Angry Huorn Sapplings get stuck on second boss

I'm not sure if we are supposed to be able to solo it by ourselves. The mobs themselves are difficult, but the bosses are near impossible. The first boss I somehow managed to pull through the gate, knocking it down, and the second boss was unable to get through, making it a very easy fight. Though, the chest didn't spawn from my accidental encounter. I was still receiving wounds from touching the plants, which was kind of weird.

The second boss I'm not sure how I'm supposed to defeat it. My hunter didn't stand a chance. Four adds obliterated me each time. I was somehow able to pull the adds before the actual boss fight through the gate on either side of the area, but the boss sort of sat there. I was able to jump off the right crates and shoot an arrow at it. At least that made her come and reset the encounter. This little glitch also made me have to relog when I couldn't respawn. My minstrel did much better, but I guess I failed to bring down her invulnerability with the explosive mushrooms? I must have missed something as she never turned red again.

I also noticed the green ooze behind the second boss doesn't immediately kill you. I'm not sure if that is intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I'm not sure if we are supposed to be able to solo it by ourselves. The mobs themselves are difficult, but the bosses are near impossible. The first boss I somehow managed to pull through the gate, knocking it down, and the second boss was unable to get through, making it a very easy fight. Though, the chest didn't spawn from my accidental encounter. I was still receiving wounds from touching the plants, which was kind of weird.

The second boss I'm not sure how I'm supposed to defeat it. My hunter didn't stand a chance. Four adds obliterated me each time. I was somehow able to pull the adds before the actual boss fight through the gate on either side of the area, but the boss sort of sat there. I was able to jump off the right crates and shoot an arrow at it. At least that made her come and reset the encounter. This little glitch also made me have to relog when I couldn't respawn. My minstrel did much better, but I guess I failed to bring down her invulnerability with the explosive mushrooms? I must have missed something as she never turned red again.

I also noticed the green ooze behind the second boss doesn't immediately kill you. I'm not sure if that is intentional.
    Even with T4 Hiddenhoard Armor, I couldn't defeat the first boss on solo in the normal way (I utilized the method you mentioned), and the other mobs are very difficult to kill. I'm glad you're also noticing this.

A couple of other things, I noticed at least one near-floating tree in the first section, and there might be some other ones as well (that's a quick fix though). I also can't find where the Sant Lhoer deeds are in the deed book, are they under instances? Finally, regarding the plant collection deed, at the moment it's just a simple number counter, at x/5. Would it be possible to have it in the format like the plant deed was for Water-wheels, in which it shows each type of plant to discover?

Thanks.
    Last edited by SinordLoresearcher; Feb 14 2023 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post

Based on what I saw in both the solo and small fellowship versions, they are identical. I suspect we were supposed to get an NPC to help us in hte solo/duo version. but I couldn't finad a horn anywhere.
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post
    Based on what I saw in both the solo and small fellowship versions, they are identical. I suspect we were supposed to get an NPC to help us in hte solo/duo version. but I couldn't finad a horn anywhere.
    On the duo version all the mobs have a "Two's Company" debuff which gives them -33% morale and -50% damage. There doesn't seem to be any similar debuff in the solo version, so the duo version is actually easier right now.

Pretty Cool, But Seems a Bit Hardcore and Very Unpolished

Probably an oversight, but as previously stated, this was impossible to run on solo, but fine on duo for the solo/duo mob debuff. The very start of the instance has a clipping issue where you fall through the floor a little bit. The instance is gorgeous! So creepy and I love all the detail and exploring the greenhouses. Finding the plants was a nice touch to encourage a little bit of exploring. Maybe there's a tactic I'm not picking up on, but getting randomly tossed around the stage and into insta-death water seems a bit hardcore, especially for solo play. If you're lucky and miss the insta-death water, you'll get tossed into a group of mobs and probably then immediately tossed into another group of mobs. Later on I figured out that you can steer ever so slightly while in the air, but you have to be pretty quick with it. Careful pulls on mobs with feet first, then carefully choosing the distance and angles before initiating attacks with vines was my eventual method. The larger of the first bosses can be cheesed and there doesn't seem to be any reward for that fight. Maybe no loot because it can be cheesed? Right before the first boss there is a soldier playing flute and a dancing troll, but if you are ranged you may not hear that he's playing flute. That was a fun surprise the third time around. My first fight with the Grand Cultivator went interesting...She turned green and became non-attackable. World chat told me to do a corruption removal, but there wasn't anything to remove. Second fight she never turned green and as a Mini it was a balance of burning down adds, saving interrupts for her self healing, and then DPS-ing her down. Third fight she turned green, but then became attackable again after several seconds with me not doing anything to her. Not bad, but overall it feels very unpolished. As a previous post said, the little tree adds spawned in the gardens and were not in line of sight. I could manage to get a few of them out by jumping up and down around the edges, but could not the last one. All three run, the only way to open the chest was by leaving and re-entering which caused the little tree adds to be on the ground outside of the little garden plots. Had different Angmar non-combat music all three runs with no combat music.

Rewards as Mini:

Run 1 - Size: Duo - T1
    Ornate Silver Grave Band (teal wrist, non-decon)
    +10,702 Vitality
    +12,454 Fate
    +47547 Finesse
    +23773 Critical
    x1 Empty Slot

Word of Power - Area Efect Target Count (purple)

Run 2 - Sez: Duo - T1
    Chipped Twisting Silver Grave Band (purple wrist, non-decon)
    +11,850 Vitality
    +131037 Outgoing Healing
    +40151 Tactical Mit
    +4660 Max Morale

Word of Mastery - Feign Death and Distraction Cooldown (purple)

Run 3 - Size: Duo - T1
    Broken Grave Bracelet of Vitality (yellow wrist, non-decon)
    +10,246 Vitality
    +61433 Tactical Mit
    +65176 Critical Def

Word of Power - Evade Chance (purple)

Some odd choices in stats imo :/

...Hopefully there's something in the loot table worth getting and hopefully loot will be added to the first boss as well
    Last edited by Dervacus; Feb 15 2023 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added loot rewards
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

I'm noticing some of the things you guys mentioned. Like how you can open your deed log to see the category when the notification comes up, but confused on where the actual tab is located in the deed log. Or the small clipping issue at the beginning of the instance. The pulling of the vines is still a little unpredictable. There's the funny double pulls that make you go hopping into the distance. I finally was able to get the little trees to spawn with my captain and they got stuck in the same spot as shown above. I was able to take them out slowly by throwing the banner down over-and-over, but there didn't seem to be any other way to damage them.

One cool thing I noticed is how the enemies explode when they get low in health. I only managed to see it once when testing to see how much damage my archer would do.

Area1
    Spore cloud debuffs of 2,5, 5k vitality etc are kinda pointless on a level 140 instance.
    Why do the angmarim get to walk through the deathwater?

Boss 1
    Angmarim boss won't respawn when killed, but Tarkka-oka is there.
    Didnt get past this on solo hunter due to forementioned no solo de/buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    ...Hopefully there's something in the loot table worth getting and hopefully loot will be added to the first boss as well
    The loot is probably only a placeholder for now. I did 3-man T1 and got the same loot as in Sarch Vorn, the Black Grave. I also couldn't find any new gear in the database via plugin.

As for the difficulty: I had no problem running the 3-man T1 solo as a yellow champion (I have raid gear, but its also meant as a 3-man). I didn't test the solo/duo version but if it's as hard or even harder as the 3-man it's probably not finished yet.

Sant Lhoer, the Poison Gardens; 140 - Solo Version;

- If you enter the Instance the Voice (story-tell) comes from the Hiddenhoard Raid.

- You are on Bullroarer server 27 at r1 lx1151 ly1963 i4 ox158.32 oy67.64 oz629.61 h87.2. Game timestamp 660034.552. -> Character sink into the texture.

- You are on Bullroarer server 27 at r1 lx1149 ly1961 i4 ox100.76 oy28.60 oz632.58 h353.0. Game timestamp 660310.061. -> Do not allow the characters to jump on these strange flower-beds.

- Sant Lhoer Hauler -> throws a Character to far away (in my opinion).

- You are on Bullroarer server 27 at r1 lx1147 ly1967 i4 ox76.19 oy158.25 oz630.27 h265.8. Game timestamp 660701.326. -> Deactivate ''Festival-Skills'' in the Instance so that Character's can't jump over the closed gate, because if you did not have done Cráthair and Tarkka-oka before, the gate won't open.

- Cráthair and Tarkka-oka are too strong for the solo version, after you are defeated you can hurt Tarkka-oka from outside the gate, so he can't hurt you because he can't reset or escape from the gate.

- The adds in the solo version need to be weakened a bit.

- Great cultivator Oganuin; 1st Add-wave is too strong in solo version -> Very angry Huorn Sappling; sometimes doesn't attack you because the Character is to far away from them -> Venomcap won't get infight and always respawns even the fight has ended -> TBD Chest - Solo, you can loot twice.

- The Haulers need to calm down, man. That combo'd with the instant death water is very unfun, you have to get supremely lucky and even when i finally survived, I had been tossed around so much I had pretty much all of the mobs aggro'd. Some of them instantly toss you. Some don't toss you at all. I don't get it, but it's not a particularly well-honed mechanic, if intentional.
    - The damage seems fine. Seeing a lot of complaints about the mob difficulty, but the trash seems adequately difficult for 3-man. I'm genuinely surprised, I had less difficulty soloing the 3-man with my champ than I do with t10 delvings. Maybe blue champ is just really good for soloing stuff. Huh.
    - The Spore Cloud effect is underscaled. For some reason it doesn't last long enough to go above tier 2, which is a trivial stat loss at that level. The troll dude knocks you out of the spore cloud most of the time anyway.
    - I don't understand boss 1. Is there a mechanic? is it just 2 dudes? Why can I leave after I kill the angmarim? He's the easy one.
    - Boss 2's mechanics are overly simple. She attempts to heal herself (interruptable), add wave spawns (first is 4 of the ugly fungus guys we've fought a million times. this should be a miniboss, especially when she acts like she's introducing us to something.) self-heal again. another add wave (mushroom caps. they explode after a hot second, dealing trivial damage.) self heal. add wave. (very angry huorn sappling. love the flavor. hate the typo. easily dealt with, these should be normal difficulty.)
    - and that's it. not a whole lot to talk about.

Not a lot going on in this instance unfortunately.

Adds have no real mechanics, just plain health pretty boring unfortunately (can also skip quite some).
    First boss has no mechanics at all, just a bum of morale. Angmarim and Earth-kin dude are not doing anything at all either, no effects, no mechanics.

Adds to second boss, nothing interesting.

Last boss the Huorns are getting stuck on the rectangular platform as described above.
    Puddles on the last boss are supposed to do 10% morale damage(over mits), but are not doing any sort of that damage at all.
    Also there is no initial damage when stepping inside those puddles.

Quest also still bugged for the instance!

Did the instance on T3 (3-man) with Guardian tank, Mini and Warden both DPS, didn't need any sort of heals at all.
    Pulled like 20 mobs and could easily outheal it on Guardian with cd's. Mobs don't apply bleeds nothing really, pretty sad ngl.

Seems really unfinished at this stage or a lot still has to be implemented!

With the first garden boss i coold step outside the gate and use song of distraction on boht and pull the big one ( the horned one ) in the gate opening he got stuck there i coold finish him and the gate closed.
    the 2nd one i coold finish standing behind the gate and jumping and shouting . gate reopened after that.
    Its ment to be be a small fellowship instance. Solo is very bad at the 2nd boss with the add spawn

I too thought the hauler's yanking was ridiculous in this instance, but then I figured out that they only yank when you are not in melee range and you can line of sight them using the bridges. It doesn't seem like you need to be super close. There are some places where I can stand on one tentacle and the one across the green river won't yank me. I'm was able to get through the whole instance solo without getting yanked once except for the room right before the last boss, but there is no death water there. The section right before the first boss is a little tricky, but using the bridge to break line of sight keeps you from getting yanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Please post your feedback regarding the 3-man instance Sant Lhoer, the Poison Gardens in this thread.
    Can we get a bit of guidance on what aspects of the instance you'd like feedback on? It's clear parts of it are unfinished/very early in development; I assume there's no reason to bug report anything not working that's till labeled TBD, for example.

The landscape of the instance is really beautiful, love all the weird plants. I also like the explorer deed as someone mentioned above, nice to have a bit of incentive to poke around off the main path, helps the instance feel a tiny bit less linear.

While that deed works properly, the others don't. Obviously the main tier deeds don't work as the quest is still WIP, but the slayer deed doesn't work either. Seems it's incorrectly set to only advance on wight kills, instead of any kills. But again, the meta deed refers to this deed as TBDSLAYERDEED, so perhaps this is a known issue.

As others have noticed, there just aren't any mechanics implemented besides the second boss's corruption/heal channel/puddle drop cycle. So not much feedback to give besides saying it would be nice if the instance was an instance, but presumably this is just because it's early in development. The one thing I can say is that the interrupt-preventing corruption only shows up on the first phase point, or at least it did in my run-through (Tier 1, 3-man). Should probably be set to show up at each for each of the healing channels (perhaps it does already on Tier 3? I didn't check).

Tarkka-oka - First Boss Fight

On the first boss fight he did a knockback attack on my character, and it knocked me through the metal gate. After getting knocked through the gate it didn't reset the boss fight, so I killed him standing outside the room. It actually seemed that because I was standing outside the room the enemy could target me, but all his attacks were out of range because I wasn't taking any damage.

On a bit of a side note, the root pulls in this instance are a bit extreme. It seems to me they can target me from so far off, but I have a hard time selecting them as a target. The person I was duoing with warned me about the fact it's insta-death to land in the water, but they still had a really hard time avoiding the roots because of the distance from which they start pulling you into the air.
    ~ Ambor of Treebeard

Solo play - hunter

I tried the solo version on my hunter and was not able to make it past the first boss. The damage dealt by both mobs at the same time was more than I could overcome with my healing and damage abilities. Sadly I did not have time to do a 3man test.

Here is a link to the stream of the video in case it will help in diagnosing anything https://youtube.com/live/oqBzqrqw-Yo?feature=share

Here are my notes, feel free to discard if these items are already known:
    - Opening voice line is set to Hrimil HOA instance - needs to be changed.
    - Update all quest information as you progress through the instance. It only said TBD.
    - After I was killed by a root in the first arena, I revived and stayed in combat even though I did not have a bleed on any of the mobs. Had to reset by dying a second time in the green slime.
    - After killing the first boss, I died from Crathair, the retreat now button remained greyed out, so I was unable to retreat and try again. i was unable to even leave the instance (which is normal if you're dead). Had to crash the game to come back. When I loaded back in, I was at the beginning of the instance. But the gate to the first boss room was locked, so I could try the boss fight again. I was also unable to continue on because all the gates were locked, so I had to exit and reset the instance, kill all the mobs to get back to the first boss.
    - I assume that finding the deadly flowers is a deed and not a quest, b/c there wasn't a quest pop up for it.
    - Chat servers did not work after I had to crash the client to get out of the instance.

What I liked:
    - I really liked the environmental effects, like dying from stepping into the green water (a Carn Dum must have). But I also loved the fact that if you walked into a bush that had thorns that you'd get a bleed on you. Nice touch!

Since I did not get to experience more of the fight, my notes are somewhat limited.

Thanks for reading!
    Miloa

From a pure world building view, it's a gorgeous instance. I've said it before, but I'll repeat: I'm really glad the evil flora is making a comeback!

I only have one thing to report at this time: Dolág's quest was tough to advance. First attempt didn't progress past the North gate until I came back from the Boss room to the bridge. Sadly I had already defeated the boss. I started a new instance, attempt 2, Dogál would talk to me at her location past the gate but she didn't move to her next location besides Málruv. I left the instance & re-entered without resetting it. And she was there finally, willing to talk, and I managed to finish the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    From a pure world building view, it's a gorgeous instance. I've said it before, but I'll repeat: I'm really glad the evil flora is making a comeback!
    From what I saw on YouTube, I really love the new glassed Angmarim greenhouse walls used. That's nice. But then there are these giant Dol Guldur towers/sections looming over the place and that's pretty non-Angmar-asset distracting, so there is that

After completing instance and killing Great cultivator Oganuin quest (Into Sant Lhoer, The Poison Gardens) show up quest ring near Malruw where you need talk with his sister Dolag, but she don't appear inside instance
    Last edited by Elmagor; Mar 08 2023 at 11:31 AM.

I also ran into the issue of killing Great Cultivator Oganuin and seeing Dolag show up on my mini-map but when going to that spot, there was no NPC there

1) The first "boss" didn't even really seem like a boss, it didn't appear to do any significant mechanics and also didn't even appear to be a boss fight, just some random high-morale mob off in the corner. It needs to have more mechanics to make it more difficult.
    2) The second boss wasn't bad. It was too easy but the mechanics themselves were okay, they just need to be tuned up so they're less forgiving.
    3) I like the aesthetic of the instance.
    Smiite - Prime - Evernight

did t3 t3man with cpt tank, champ, warden.

1. Trash

Easily tanked without heals, trash was able to kill the champ. did not notice any mechanics beyond induction bars.

2. Boss 1

Easily tanked without full healer. As cpt tank did 50k heals on myself, warden provided 40k heals. Tps was < 40k. No mechanics were noticed.

3. Boss 2

This fight wasn't bad although again on t3 did not require a full healer. Also, it seems corruption removal on boss during heal induction is not working properly.

overall : In comparison to Den of Puglak or Assualt difficulty when first released this is far easier.

Just ran it solo, 140 non-raiding champ, no problems except could not complete the main quest. It says to find Malruv, and at the last boss (O...? forgot her name) he's right there, but I can't interact with him. Left instance, went back in, same thing. I realize it's the first day of U35 so maybe a bug, maybe lag although the rest seemed to be fine. Wondering if anyone else had the problem and how to get around it.

Nice instance, glad I had a few disease potions handy.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast