We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Onedrive has cursed my plugin folder

Long time reader, first time poster, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Finally got around to installing some plugins after playing for years and took the community's advice and installed via the Plugin Compendium. The app loaded fine, downloaded a few but the Ghost of Onedrives Past is messing with the installation in some way, even though I banished that evil plague from my machine months ago. I discovered my documents folder is still a onedrive docs folder, which I cannot reset it back to default like I did for my desktop, music and video folders because of an error. The only other way I've seen to fix it is to edit the registry and I don't feel confident to start messing with the guts of my operating system. I usually get around this by only using c:\users\username\onedrive\doc uments for games I've already got installed and configured and move all other stuff to the location into the correct documents folder c:\users\username\documents.

But the game isn't recognizing the lotro plugin directory. Plugin manager on the character screen is empty and /plugins list is empty. The configuration page on Plugin Compendium shows the correct path (C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Do cuments\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins) The game is reading my keymaps and saved ui preferences so the game is accessing the folder ok. I tried copying the lotro folder to my regular documents folder to see if it would read but alas, no luck. I'm running the standalone version of the game, not the steam version, if that makes a difference. Can anybody shed some light on how to get around this? I would love to have MoorMap and a waypoint to help me with my miserable sense of direction Thanks!

Hey dude, it is possible the game only recognizes the plugins in their default position, so modify the plugin install path of the Plugin Compendium app to
    C:\Users\username\Documents\Th e Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins

And try deleting the Plugins folder from the previous location (C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Do cuments...)

I think the problem is in the informations that the included lotroplugin.xml file contains.
    Last edited by AegisRegnat; Feb 19 2023 at 08:49 AM.

I did that, deleted the appdata/temp files and reinstalled all plugins manually but still no dice. I removed the entire lotro file from c:\users\username\documents because the game only loads from my onedrive documents folder anyway and you can't change that, as far as I know. The plugintoptions.xml is blank other than the document tree so I guess that's the issue. I wonder if the folder is corrupted or something. The file isn't read only but the entire lotro folder is and I can't seem to turn it off, but my ui configuration is saving with no issues. I'm not skilled enough in computer tinkering to figure it out. Freaking onedrive. Every time I think I'm free of it, it comes back to bite me in the hindquarters

It would be right for you not to continue to keep the OneDrive folder on your PC. If you have already uninstalled OneDrive then save in a different directory all the necessary files and folders you have in my documents folder (including the game folder as well) and try to delete that folder.

If this is not possible, there is a solution in the microsoft community so that you can delete it properly. And if you still need to reinstall the game, then this will be done in the right way so that everything works normally. That is just my opinion and I wish you the best of luck.

Yes, agreed. I've been messing with it on and off since I got rid of that cursed program but I'm really not looking forward to editing the registry files. It's not had any bad effects on games until now and I only had to deal with keeping two documents folders straight. Especially since I have some gargantuan EA games that will take ages to reinstall. I can live without addons but it's still kind of a bummer.Thanks for the help though!