We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Forum Suggestion] Thumbs up/Like button?

Since we are getting new LOTRO forums this year or when ever its ready, I think it would be nice if there was an option to like someones post/reply in threads on these forums, not sure how others feels about such a thing, but other forum sites like World of Warcraft and others have the Like option on threads, so maybe LOTRO could as well?
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Just kidding! While I don’t like the idea of forum users chasing likes or griefers spraying dislikes, I have no strong feelings about this either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Just kidding! While I don’t like the idea of forum users chasing likes or griefers spraying dislikes, I have no strong feelings about this either way.
    It will work better in getting information tho. Now you need to type out what you think and it becomes cluttered. Giving them a bit more of a discord/youtube aproach will help a lot. This is no instagram where people do stupid stuff, or girls go nude infront of the camera, so the like generating will most likely not happen.

Unless we turn it off the new forums will have basic reactions, the typical thumbs up, smiley face, angry face, etc. I have it currently set so it doesn't mean anything, no points to track or anything, but it seems worth at least trying out and seeing what people think. It's easy enough to turn off if people end up preferring it that way. There is NOT currently a thumbs down or negative indicating reaction. It might also be fun to make some LOTRO-specific reactions in the future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    LOTRO-specific as in Frodo giving Smeagol the finger? Or Smeagol, distraught over this rudeness, then flaming himself? Hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It might also be fun to make some LOTRO-specific reactions in the future.
    LOTRO-specific reactions I would very much approve of and I don't feel like they would cause problems for anyone. Push that miniature White Hand for progress... or something. But fun and not very specific. Also gotta avoid any highly emotionally charged reactions like a clown face... anyone who was caught up in the recent Gshade fallout on discord would know what that means... It's one thing for someone to be in the wrong or make a terrible move, it's another for everything associated with them and any of their words to be mob lynched / reacted to as if they were an idiot and a terrible being through and through

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Unless we turn it off the new forums will have basic reactions, the typical thumbs up, smiley face, angry face, etc. I have it currently set so it doesn't mean anything, no points to track or anything, but it seems worth at least trying out and seeing what people think. It's easy enough to turn off if people end up preferring it that way. There is NOT currently a thumbs down or negative indicating reaction. It might also be fun to make some LOTRO-specific reactions in the future.
    Whatever you do with the new forums, please, PLEASE do not allow any more customization than the user icon, and do not allow gifs to be used as an avatar. I have seen forums where users use flashy gifs as their avatar, and use moving gifs as their signature image, and having 5+ people on a given page do that is just plain annoying..... so keep it neat, keep it tidy, but allow .jpg icon/avatars only to give the player a small sense of customization.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

There is NOT currently a thumbs down or negative indicating reaction.
    Thank goodness. The entire tone of a forum changes when there's a dislike/downvote option.