We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Torn on Blue Captain race choice!

I'm coming back to the game after a long (10yr) hiatus, and I'm really interestied in playing a Blue Captain and actually being able to main heal as a Cappy when the new update launches. I'm torn between Human and High Elf for this reroll, for Blue/Healing purposes. Humans have a temporary Morale Boost buff, extra block/parry/evade, and +5% healing on themselves, which seem more like Tanking/Yellow bonuses. High Elves have a temporary party damage boost, extra movement speed, and +5% light dmg output, which seem like DPS/Red bonuses.

Neither of them seem to have anything specifically boosting healing output on other players, so I find this choice to be difficult. Is there a suggested choice for a healer captain at this time? Maybe something related to animation speed that would edge one out over the other? Or is it best just to settle on the Human for the +5% healing on myself for PvMP purposes or maybe if I (the healer) take aoe dmg in the raid?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Creepindethh View Post
    I'm coming back to the game after a long (10yr) hiatus, and I'm really interestied in playing a Blue Captain and actually being able to main heal as a Cappy when the new update launches. I'm torn between Human and High Elf for this reroll, for Blue/Healing purposes. Humans have a temporary Morale Boost buff, extra block/parry/evade, and +5% healing on themselves, which seem more like Tanking/Yellow bonuses. High Elves have a temporary party damage boost, extra movement speed, and +5% light dmg output, which seem like DPS/Red bonuses.

Neither of them seem to have anything specifically boosting healing output on other players, so I find this choice to be difficult. Is there a suggested choice for a healer captain at this time? Maybe something related to animation speed that would edge one out over the other? Or is it best just to settle on the Human for the +5% healing on myself for PvMP purposes or maybe if I (the healer) take aoe dmg in the raid?

Thanks for the help!
    Duty-Bound is by far the most useful group racial skill in the game, it is definitely a reason to pick human in the majority of cases.
    +5% Incoming healing is also not to be understated on any class/role, you will undoubetedly take some damage in almost any and all scenarios.
    If you are looking for "actual" heal bonuses in racials, you will not find any I'm afraid, they do not exist.

Make a dwarf, they have additional combat sounds and shouts. I find it far more important then any racial bonuses. I wish, though, Hobbits could be Captains.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...

Thanks all! I ended up going with the race of Man - the +5% healing taken, the "Lay on Hands" heal trait, and the short-term Morale buff won out for me in the end. They seem to provide more benefit to a healer than anything the High Elves get. I like Dwarves but for some reason the combat animations for dwarf felt sluggish to me in this game, sadly.

Im planning to main Blue Cappy, but if I ever go Red line I doubt I'll miss the +5% Light Damage from HE... it seems really small considering only a handful of our abilities deal light damage. If I ever dabble in tanking, however, the P/B/E and +5% healing taken from Man seems more significant and impactful.

See you all in Middle Earth