We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21

    Rotating decorations 90 degrees

    I'd love a snap to 90 degrees feature for housing decorations. I hate having to guess and check, and knowing my walls/decorations are slightly askew.

  2. #2
    Whohaz_Duhrang's Avatar
    Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    159
    I Too Second This Motion., Though Itd Be Grand To Show All Available Slots That Dont Have A Decor Items., Too Easy Is It To Get Lost In The Sauce And Not Know Which Hooks Are Still Open., Showing A Total Of Types Of Hooks, And How Many Of Those Types Are Still Available Is A Decoration Game Changer

  3. #3

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Broinfinn View Post
    I'd love a snap to 90 degrees feature for housing decorations. I hate having to guess and check, and knowing my walls/decorations are slightly askew.
    You can already rotate all decoration kinds to a full 360º. What you can't do is tilt decorations

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    You can already rotate all decoration kinds to a full 360º. What you can't do is tilt decorations
    I don't think that's what the OP means, though they may correct me! It seems that the suggestion is to add actual numbers to the sliders for the rotations like SWTOR's UI does.

    So, in SWTOR, when decorating a stronghold, it gives you like these coordinates. You can tell if you've rotated the decoration 35 degrees, 90 degrees, etc. So, say you have 2 statues, and you want them to mirror each other precisely. You can set each to the number you're looking for and have them identical.

    LOTRO doesn't have that. You can rotate the decorations but have no numbers; so, you have to do all this guess-work and fine-tuning to get decorations to match each other in various arrangements.

    I agree with the OP. LOTRO should have the numbers. Tell me when I'm at 97 degrees instead of 95 so I can adjust it more easily

    Cheers!
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    I don't think that's what the OP means, though they may correct me! It seems that the suggestion is to add actual numbers to the sliders for the rotations like SWTOR's UI does.

    So, in SWTOR, when decorating a stronghold, it gives you like these coordinates. You can tell if you've rotated the decoration 35 degrees, 90 degrees, etc. So, say you have 2 statues, and you want them to mirror each other precisely. You can set each to the number you're looking for and have them identical.

    LOTRO doesn't have that. You can rotate the decorations but have no numbers; so, you have to do all this guess-work and fine-tuning to get decorations to match each other in various arrangements.

    I agree with the OP. LOTRO should have the numbers. Tell me when I'm at 97 degrees instead of 95 so I can adjust it more easily

    Cheers!
    Numbers would be nice too! The original suggestion was just a snap to at different degrees. Hard to describe snapping, unless you've used other pieces of software that use it lol. But the idea was that it would sort of rubberband in place when you hit 90 degree rotations, so that you would know that your decoration was straight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Broinfinn View Post
    Numbers would be nice too! The original suggestion was just a snap to at different degrees. Hard to describe snapping, unless you've used other pieces of software that use it lol. But the idea was that it would sort of rubberband in place when you hit 90 degree rotations, so that you would know that your decoration was straight.
    I see! *nods* Thanks for clarifying

    I think in that case . . . a coordinates system might work a little better to keep the current flexibility while also letting you - know - whether the decoration is straight or not from the number. I agree that maybe a separate "snap to 90 degree angle" button could help. I could see it causing more issues though if it's rubber-banding to a set value all the time when you're trying to do something unique with a rotation.

    I think we agree though that the current set-up isn't as helpful where you pretty much have to guess at how straight the object is. I definitely have a somewhat easier time making things symmetrical in a decoration layout in SWTOR than I do currently in LOTRO and wish LOTRO could have some UI improvements for decorating along those lines

    Cheers!
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

    .

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload