We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Please help - "An update error occured"

When i launch LOTRO today, it says "Connecting to patch server".
    After 5 seconds is says "Failed"+ "An update error occured. Server connection timed out"

What can i do?

EDIT: I was playing 2 hours ago, left to do some stuff, came back, now it gives me that error.
    No changes on the PC or on the network has occured meanwhile.
    Last edited by Alfrederik; Mar 08 2023 at 11:07 AM.

There's nothing to worry about! Wednesdays are server maintenance/patch days. The servers are currently down until approximately 2pm EST (-5 GMT).

There is a downtime notice posted on the launcher and Cordovan has posted about it in the Announcement section of the forums https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...68#post8179668

Quote Originally Posted by Ketriana View Post
    There's nothing to worry about! Wednesdays are server maintenance/patch days. The servers are currently down until approximately 2pm EST (-5 GMT).

There is a downtime notice posted on the launcher and Cordovan has posted about it in the Announcement section of the forums https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...68#post8179668
    Phew... thanks, i did actually see that, but from my calculations -5GMT was way overdue... guess my calculations where off
    EDIT: Well, google actually tells me that its 15.51 in GMT-5 right now, so the downtime should be over almost 4 hours ago.
    2ND EDIT: Google was wrong
    Last edited by Alfrederik; Mar 08 2023 at 12:12 PM.

SSG must have made a mistake with the time zones then! 2pm EST is in a little less than two hours from now, so you have about another two hours to wait unless the servers come up early (they often do). I think a lot of us are killing time on Bullroarer right now (the public test server) in case you're desperate to be back in Middle-earth!