We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Lag + Disconnect

The last couple of days I will get bouts of lag where my character will stop moving for several seconds before the screen goes black, and a message appears that says the connect to the server was lost with a QUIT button.

Is this common? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?
    Bingly (LM) • Crickhollow

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroxes View Post
    The last couple of days I will get bouts of lag where my character will stop moving for several seconds before the screen goes black, and a message appears that says the connect to the server was lost with a QUIT button.

Is this common? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?
    There is a setting in options that lets you see connection status. If you don't have that enabled, enable it. It is color coded, too. Green is a good connection, yellow is a connection that is having trouble, and red is a disconnection.

When you hover over it, you'll see your ping time (and jitter), transfer rate (and jitter), and packet loss (and jitter). Know that the internet is a network of networks, so any failure between you and the server may result in disconnection. I see local to me problems from time to time and backbone problems from time to time. Sometimes the problem is the handoff to their data center host and/or within it.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Yeah, I do have the status indicator on. I was just wondering if this was a common problem, and if there was anything I could do? I don't have this problem with other online games.
    Bingly (LM) • Crickhollow

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    [QUOTE=zeroxes;8180523]Yeah, I do have the status indicator on. I was just wondering if this was a common problem, and if there was anything I could do? I don't have this problem with other online games.[/QUOT
    It isn't common, I'd say, for my own experience. Not much you can do about it, either.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.