We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Smart App Control unfriendly to LOTRO

I recently got some issue with new program on my windows 11 PC messing with LOTRO. It is called Smart App Control.

"When you try to run an app on Windows, Smart App Control will check to see if our intelligent cloud-powered security service can make a confident prediction about its safety. If the service believes the app to be safe, Smart App Control will let it run. If the app is believed to be malicious or potentially unwanted, then Smart App Control will block it.

If the security service is unable to make a confident prediction about the app, then Smart App Control checks to see if the app has a valid signature. If the app has a valid signature, Smart App Control will let it run. If the app is unsigned, or the signature is invalid, Smart App Control will consider it untrusted and block it for your protection.

There is currently no way to bypass Smart App Control protection for individual apps. You can turn Smart App Control off, or (better yet), contact the developer of the app and encourage them to sign their app with a valid signature."

... & this is exactly what i did, It missleaded blocked LOTRO & now i'm cracking my head trying to figure how to undo the mess it made. Just a heads up, to other players, if you have that program on your PC it will give you a lot of headaches if you want to play LOTRO.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Mar 14 2023 at 02:37 PM.