We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    Peek behind the curtain - there is enough vitriol toward this that it will not be considered. We can move on.
    Thank you for this! I really appreciate the fact that you listened to our concerns about this change. I am now looking forward to the crafting changes again

Legendary armour

I want you to know that some of us do use the uncommon traceries, I have a Guardian that is built around BPE and I like it that way because it suits my play style. It is fun to avalanche anything non raid and watch my character absorb heal and block and parry everything. I know this setup is not raid ready, but it is a lot of fun to play. Don't take something that you don't use and assume no one does because it's not part of end game feasibility. I want you to be able to play how you want to play, I expect the same.

Crafting can be a boon to the game if its updated correctly. I enjoy working through the crafting tiers as i level a character, but it becomes almost useless after level 105. If the system gets an update to where the crafted items can be integrated with a system like LI, I think we can have some real advantage.

If we add to the crafting system a means of crafting items towards making ancient script or whatever currency used for an OPTIONAL system of Legendary Armour we can have a renaissance of crafting importance. Have items that flow with the current new expansion content where you acquire the crafting materials to bring your Legendary Armour to the next level(s). Have the items be available in different tiers based on how / where they are acquired. EG: (curent expansion levels) landscape t1, quest t2, skirmish/instance solo/duo t3, skirmish/instance 3-6 man t4, raid t5. Each tier is applicable to craft an update to the armour. The items do not have to be restricted to which a single profession like Armourer, but each would provide a unique stat based on which profession makes it. EG: Scholar made 'Polishing Oil' for a gain of reflect X%. Metalsmith made 'Cladding' for increase +X armour rating. Weaponsmith 'Barbs' for +Physical Mastery rating. Jeweler made 'Adornment' for +tactical Mitigation rating. etc etc. It could work the same way that Legendary items do so that we can add a limited number of different professions crafted add-ons. Each level up would possibly unlock a slot or allow the slot to be upgraded. I know it seems like it would be a grind, but if we utilize crafting for the items instead of essences, it would make an existing grind be more useful and lucrative.
    Last edited by snommis; Mar 15 2023 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    My apologies if someone has already posted this idea (it's late and I just can't read through 4 pages of comments right now...)

To make crafting more socially interactive, give a way for crafters to fill specific orders from buyers. Right now, it's a crapshoot to make and post crafted gear on the AH - no way to know what people actually need or want. The chances of making something at the right level with the right stats for someone who may look in the AH during the 2 days you have the item posted - minuscule!

I know many folks have asked for something like this over the years, at least in world chat! I think the lack of this kind of functionality is one of the major impediments to making crafting a more useful and socially meaningful activity.

Thanks!
    This is a fantastic idea. Create a new NPC that is 'Flea Market Vendor'
    Characters can post Needs that other players can fill.
    (maybe as a flea market quest that you can accept and fill an order, have a deposit so there is a loss if not completed in say 12 hours)
    if not quest, make a label in the description tab as 'underway' so that no one else can accept it. Or make it so that multiple people can try to fill it and whoever fills it first wins the offer.
    It operates in the opposite manner as the Auction House for obtaining materials, but will be a perfect accompaniment to it.
    Have the posts reset on the weekly reset on wednesday or twice a week wednesday and sunday following raid schedule.

We are also likely to allow players to expand their crafting vocations by one more slot. The details on how this is acquired is not yet solidified, but we are not expecting to allow players to have more than four professions trained at any time. The reason for this is simple, we still want to keep the social and game economy moving through the crafting system. While also offering you more flexibility.
    I first saw this post this morning, and I've been waiting all day to get the chance to reply.

There will always be players looking to accelerate their crafting experience by trading raw ingredients rather than farming themselves, so whether you allow one extra profession slot or more, there will always be a social exchange. The people likely to buy up more slots (and have all ten if given the option) are those who already self-fulfil all their crafting needs through a number of alts. So I think the argument that restricting the update to one additional slot for social and economy reasons is invalid.

I would rather have more than one additional slot, at least the option for two additional (max 5 slots in total). The reason being, I am most likely to use that extra slot to make my character's fully self-sufficient through their existing vocations rather than add something completely unrelated. For example, my Lore-master is a Historian, so scholar, farmer and weaponsmith. I can gain experience in all but the weaponsmith on my own, for that I need a prospector (probably through an alt). If given the chance for one more profession, the obvious choice would be a prospector so that I can do everything myself. This would be my most likely choice but I feel that the choice is sort-of made for me through the existing system.

If I had two slots I could something else entirely, based on what I would prefer. I would still need to use alts or buy other stuff, but the update would be more meaningful by giving me at least one real option to choose something completely different.

If slots are sold individually through the store, then I'd expect you'd have a cash cow there.

On a side-note, when I first looked this morning, there was a comment about decaying experience for inactivity. I can see the comment has been deleted so I am not sure what the outcome of that may be. However, I do not think using negative reinforcement to encourage play is a good idea and is likely to cause a lot of resentment for players who have already put a lot of effort into getting their crafting to where it is today. I think you could come up with a more positive reinforcement for regular play rather than punishing inactivity. As someone who does not always have time to play (I'm finishing a degree and have work commitments), if I logged in after a few months to see I had to then regain some lost experience, I probably wouldn't bother and I'd be more discouraged.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Professions:

The first step is to separate vocations into individual professions. Our intent is allowing characters with a vocation to keep the three associated professions at the level that they have currently achieved. Players who are just enrolling in the crafting system can choose any three professions that they want.

We are also likely to allow players to expand their crafting vocations by one more slot. The details on how this is acquired is not yet solidified, but we are not expecting to allow players to have more than four professions trained at any time.The reason for this is simple, we still want to keep the social and game economy moving through the crafting system. While also offering you more flexibility.
    Nice to see professions getting a update. But what does concern me by adding a 4th and letting you choose professions if all professions are not made more viable you will see a lot of Jewler, Scholar, Prospector and Forester combos which will make one toon able to collect near all resources and have no need for trade or alt crafters. Combine this with a second alt who is Cook, Farmer, Prospector, Scholar and you easily have all your bases covered. As mentioned in other post weaponsmith and woodworking are pretty much dead at end game with Armour and tailor only slightly useful. These changes could be the nail in the coffin for those professions and reduce trading ( and thus socializing ) and auction house sales for material.

Crafting Relevance:

Our goal is to work toward making the relevance of crafted gear more important in the next level band, then over time integrate that back through the lower-level bands of the crafting system. The process to work backward through the tiers will take longer than this year.

The effort to make crafting more useful is integrated with the release of the expansion later this year. We want to establish crafted gear to be slightly ahead of quest gear. This will lead to two behaviors. One, providing optional rewards through the quests specific to crafters. And two, making crafting a unique steppingstone to assist in instances. The major quest lines and crafted gear should be used to get you prepared for the instances that come with the expansion.

Further, new gear and armor in instances will have some measure of crafting included to ensure that there is always something for crafters to look forward to. These items will assist in the stepping stones needed to move into raids, and so on.

The widgets or extra items that are needed to craft these latest items will be scattered throughout the game, not only in instance or raid spaces, so crafters should not feel forced to engage with the systems that they might feel less inclined to play. They will, however, be able to directly assist their fellow players and kinmates by making items that could help them in those endeavors.
    Very nice thoughts and nice to see here. Just my two cents since you asked for feedback. At the beginning of the game crafting was huge compared to now but the rare items off rare mobs that were rare spawn and only dropped 1 of them item as a huge drawback. As was each piece needing a different item. It meant HOURS of camping and farming to make 1 set of amour. Something like you mentioned but not going back to that system would be great.

Also

Going back to 3 sets of crafted gear per level. One reg set about quest drop level, slightly better., one set that is rep gated behind Friend ( NOT KIN ) That is 6man t1 or t2 quality perhaps with a small set bonus like FI amour. and requires shards to make then a 3rd that requires Kindred with area AND guild plus a special drop item. Is a guild recipe and is right under delving level (so between t1 and t2 raid). Or for the last piece what you talked about above. That would help non raiders and casual catch up and make crafters have something to do again but without making crafting OP compared to raiding so raids and delving's still have some kind of value other than challenge.

Crafting and Housing:

We are looking at options to enhance how crafting influences and is influenced by the housing system. Details on this are still in the formative state but we have some ideas such as new hooked items or NPCs that function as gatherers for materials that you would need to visit and obtain the items that they are collecting for you. We expect that this will need a hefty side of control to ensure that it does not become abused.

Further, we want to make new recipes that allow crafters to make objects for home and hearth.
    That would be awesome. Housing is interesting for a lot of players I have met and new housing zone seem to book quick ( see Erebor ) Decorating them is huge. Craftable items was always fun a would add to the decorating experience and crafting experience.

Events:

One idea that we have around enhancing the crafting system is the establishment of events that rotate and move from place to place in support of the different professions. An example might be a logging contest at different lumber camps, cooking competitions in the Shire or Bree, scholarly activities, metal working, and so on. Something available to engage in regularly that rewards unique recipes, items, titles, and most importantly crafting advancement for engaging with the events.
    Seems like a fun option as long as it is not necessary for items to craft end game gear/buffs. Perhaps for housing decor recipes, costumes etc.

Seen some post about craft guild rep decreasing overtime when not used. Please reconsider. There are a lot of causal players who come back for new expansions meet their goals and leave. This could be a major discouragement for them.

Crafting crit items- I thought I seen them mentioned by may have been mistaken. The universal is great, but the lower-level ones take up a lot of space, time and server resources and are available on barters anyway. How about reducing based of crafting level and have one for all professions at that level. Have say apprentice level crit item, expert level etc. eliminate all the flax and wax etc. This with the universal ones would be more than enough and will clear items from each toon, loot tables and skirm camps. These new items could be added to skirm caps in place of the old ones.

One last idea .. how about adding older, non-end game, craftable rep items? This way a 140 can work say ... Mordor rep, without having to back track and do all the quest and deeds or at least supplement them. This also opens up the ability for returning players to catch up easier, to add more rep-based recipes, decor and Costume recipes without the players dreading having to go back to get the rep to get them and on level players finding 140+ toons mass killing anything and everything in their happy hunting ground to work up a bit of rep. Could be added for areas 2 level caps and like say at the 140 cap you could do it from lvl 1 -120, When the level cap raises add it to 130 areas etc.

In closing and once again just my thoughts I am sure many others have some as well. Thank you and the team for your continued work on the game and for asking for feedback on the recent big changes.
    Last edited by Eddrick; Mar 15 2023 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snommis View Post
    I want you to know that some of us do use the uncommon traceries, I have a Guardian that is built around BPE and I like it that way because it suits my play style. It is fun to avalanche anything non raid and watch my character absorb heal and block and parry everything. I know this setup is not raid ready, but it is a lot of fun to play. Don't take something that you don't use and assume no one does because it's not part of end game feasibility. I want you to be able to play how you want to play, I expect the same.

Crafting can be a boon to the game if its updated correctly. I enjoy working through the crafting tiers as i level a character, but it becomes almost useless after level 105. If the system gets an update to where the crafted items can be integrated with a system like LI, I think we can have some real advantage.

If we add to the crafting system a means of crafting items towards making ancient script or whatever currency used for an OPTIONAL system of Legendary Armour we can have a renaissance of crafting importance. Have items that flow with the current new expansion content where you acquire the crafting materials to bring your Legendary Armour to the next level(s). Have the items be available in different tiers based on how / where they are acquired. EG: (curent expansion levels) landscape t1, quest t2, skirmish/instance solo/duo t3, skirmish/instance 3-6 man t4, raid t5. Each tier is applicable to craft an update to the armour. The items do not have to be restricted to which a single profession like Armourer, but each would provide a unique stat based on which profession makes it. EG: Scholar made 'Polishing Oil' for a gain of reflect X%. Metalsmith made 'Cladding' for increase +X armour rating. Weaponsmith 'Barbs' for +Physical Mastery rating. Jeweler made 'Adornment' for +tactical Mitigation rating. etc etc. It could work the same way that Legendary items do so that we can add a limited number of different professions crafted add-ons. Each level up would possibly unlock a slot or allow the slot to be upgraded. I know it seems like it would be a grind, but if we utilize crafting for the items instead of essences, it would make an existing grind be more useful and lucrative.
    Another take on this. Would something like a reverse auction house section be possibly (I am not a designed i have no idea). We already have a post, bid search option, what if one was added that allowed you to list items you wanted and the price you would pay someone could go to the auction house and hit accept and drop the items in a box and hit complete and it auto mails it to the person for the price, they listed COD and deletes the posting like a bough auction item would.? Would of course decrease the usefulness of the trade channel and negotiating prices but could still use trade for other items and for trading mats for gear etc.

I remember when the game was first released, we had a lot of single-use, rare drop, recipes - some of which also required rare drop ingredients. I can see the trading of these sorts of recipes and goods would be more valuable for people and keep the economy flowing than restricting the number of additional slots as a means to try and force players to trade. I expect there are other ways that crafting can be made more sociable than just restricting the number of professions per character.

Being able to craft everything from one character would be a major quality-of-life change that I would actually love. I already achieve the same, split across a handful of alts, but it can be cumbersome.
    Additionally, if given the option for extra slots, I don't think everyone would take them - especially if they are sold. But I think it would be nice to be able to make that choice myself and buy as many as I like, please
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Peek behind the curtain - there is enough vitriol toward this that it will not be considered. We can move on.
    Thank you for that update. Eagerly awaiting further information on these changes!

Tip

You should make craft items randomize a bit, so people can fine-tune their stats to their liking.

Unique Items

Just a thought about a crafter's dream. As a RL crafter, I long to create something unique and special, whether it is for me or for a client / friend / family. I know in all common functions of the game, that would be impossible. The idea of trade shows or special events / contests where a single recipe (NOT ONE-TIME USE) would be the reward / award is the closest I could expect to see in this game. It would be such a pleasure to be able to offer the game world a unique item that people would appreciate. I'm thinking mostly housing / cosmetic items. I don't have a great idea on how to grade or rate an item for the contest or show, but there could be a way for say 'a logging event that woodworkers can attend and compete in different crafting challenges where multiple rewards are offered, but the grand prize would be the recipe'. Or 'A metalsmith's challenge for crafting armour' these quests could be similar to the standing stone hidden quest for the steed that had us following the riddle all around the game world. it might offer only 10 of a super rare recipe for the first 10 accounts per server to complete it. I know that this might make a lot of people feel left out if they don't win it. but if the recipe is repeatable, then the crafter has the opportunity to make as few or as many as they like, supplying those that didn't win the contest if they want it bad enough. If there is a new rotation of a unique item recipe set like once a month or at least seasonally, you could stimulate a lot of interest in crafting again.

Overall sounds good. I am very happy to have vocations removed, have a fourth profession, and switch existing characters' professions. Having up to four professions along with guilds even for gathering professions raises the question,

Will a character be able to join a guild for each profession they have, up to four guilds for four professions?

I made my crafting alts back when a character could only join guild, so I had seven crafters, one for each of the guilds/producing professions, and two gatherer/hunters (Explorer and Scholar). Part of the pain was needing a separate character for each guild. Letting characters join more than one guild didn't really help because their other profession didn't match the material type required or the product style (e.g., all weapon types or all armor types).

The other part of the pain was duplicating the gathering professions so I didn't have to constantly switch characters to get the right mix of processed goods. That became much worse when processed goods became tiered and only the *gatherers* could combine and upgrade those materials. That pretty much ended crafting for me.

Under the new vocationless system, I may get what I have always wanted: master crafters based on material type so I don't have to duplicate prospector across all the metal crafters for example. Allowing the producing professions to combine processed materials for the different tiers themselves instead of or in addition to gatherers would also work by eliminating the need for any producer to also be a gatherer. Either way, better.

The widgets or extra items that are needed to craft these latest items will be scattered throughout the game, not only in instance or raid spaces, so crafters should not feel forced to engage with the systems that they might feel less inclined to play. They will, however, be able to directly assist their fellow players and kinmates by making items that could help them in those endeavors.
    I think you are wrong. If an ingredient is needed to craft something, then people will feel it's needed. And then if something is important for endgame, and people drop the mat, they'll feel it's needed to level craft to make it.
    Reminds me of the old craft where we used to have rare bosses to kill. I don't remember anybody using "friend and kinnies" to hunt them. And it wasn't very popular either, I think, since it was entirely revamped. Although I'll admit I kinda miss the pre-guild/rare boss era where I made lots of jewellery to sold in the AH (and was one of the richest when Moria launched). Made those crit crafted unique recipe item more valuable.

Crafting and Housing:

We are looking at options to enhance how crafting influences and is influenced by the housing system. Details on this are still in the formative state but we have some ideas such as new hooked items or NPCs that function as gatherers for materials that you would need to visit and obtain the items that they are collecting for you. We expect that this will need a hefty side of control to ensure that it does not become abused.

Further, we want to make new recipes that allow crafters to make objects for home and hearth.
    While I like the idea, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that non premium housing is very limited. And premium housing is paid and I think you can see where this path is going and most people don't want to go down that way for sure. There is also a debate to be made about whether or not housing should become functional over decorating for fun. Is housing intended to be just housing, or a place to put all the housing specific gameplay items ? They are already competing a bit, and now they'll compete ever more.
    Also, premium housing still only have 2/4 races represented (not counting beornings). With Hobbits likely to be the next to come, that mean Elves premium housing might be years in the making. Not counting the whole "we want flets" vs "we want rivendell" housing debate (dunno if you'll do both at the same place, or only one then perhaps the other later). While it can be argued you can always buy another house while waiting, we are back to the part where "it cost money". Maybe make full refund instead of partial if we "sell" a premium house ? It's apparently 90% refund since a patch. I wouldn't mind if you went the extra mile and made it to 100%, so I can have one while I wait^^

Anyway, I think crafting is in need of help. Ever since Gondor it became a mess. We had the longest running tier for forever (rohan->mordor), then it became sort of endgame focused. Finally, we had the "guild are done, GG everyone" in Minas Morgul tier. Recipes locked behind endgame grind or rep, either insane amount of rare mats, lengthy cooldown or unique mats only find in endgame content is the norm nowadays. To the point I've been wondering why I'm bothering to levelup all the craftings, instead of just doing scholar and cook.
    I really wish to see crafting "quality" being back between endgame and quests, as you mentioned.

Honestly, as it stands, most of the 1-50 craft just works well IMO. If the tiers that come after was revamped to be similar, I'll be a happy camper. You get the resources while leveling, you craft some stuff then move to the next tier. You have ingredient pack for alt gear when you don't want to be bothered.

On a side note, I do hope I didn't come too negative. And I appreciate you guys looking to discuss it and ask for feedback. I think it was worth saying.

Crafting is a mess that gets in the way of the game. It's a chore that bars access to necessary items. The need for crafting progression incentivizes anti-social behavior. Crafting materials are sold on the auction house for absurd prices. Nodes are just being farmed so the materials can be held for ransom on the auction house. It's capitalism at it's finest. Of course, the company's answer to this is to charge large amounts of money to bypass the price gouging... The industrial scale of this fleecing would make Saruman jealous. Increase crafting experience gain. It's the only way to address issues with the system without risking causing issues and bugs. There's no point trying to fiddle with the system if you're not going to make the system more accessible. As for crafting guild reputation, you charge us for reputation. If you make it diminish over time, you have effectively scammed your customer base. I'd be more than happy to tell people about what the company does after it takes your money if you go through with this. You've already charged people for crafting reputation. You enticed people with sales. There's no better way to bankrupt the company than to make everyone question their purchases. I'm sure people already question spending so much money on maxing out crafting professions. Adding a prime example of punishing your customers won't help.

The idea of crafting events reminds me that there are already a few crafting stations tucked away in remote locations. There's a workbench in one of the Barrows, and I think there's a forge somewhere in Sarnur. Giving these places the ability to craft unique items would be a fun way to encourage exploring rather than just crafting at the same old place. Nothing that would be an end-game must-have. Maybe all weapons crafted in Sarnur could deal ancient-dwarf damage. Armor crafted in the Barrows gets a spooky glow applied to it. You can add many more remote stations and come up with other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    The idea of crafting events reminds me that there are already a few crafting stations tucked away in remote locations. There's a workbench in one of the Barrows, and I think there's a forge somewhere in Sarnur. Giving these places the ability to craft unique items would be a fun way to encourage exploring rather than just crafting at the same old place. Nothing that would be an end-game must-have. Maybe all weapons crafted in Sarnur could deal ancient-dwarf damage. Armor crafted in the Barrows gets a spooky glow applied to it. You can add many more remote stations and come up with other options.
    I like this idea as well, add more of these unique crafting areas in game. have it match up to areas based on expected crafting tier.

Island Fish Jasconius

Not necessarily server-wide, but something that many players could participate in - likely within a controlled environment.
    Ah ok! sounds good, look forward to hearing/see more in the future, thanks for reply.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I'm very impressed with the communities involvement on this subject, way to go

I think many players have made some good suggestions and I'm looking forward to more details.

My wish would be to recycle vendor items into useful scraps as there is already a processing option built into professions.

I think this would help ease pricing at the auction for materials and they are tradeable as vendor items.

Quote Originally Posted by snommis View Post
    Island Fish Jasconius
    At least you didn't go with Wood Elemental.

A re-balance on the resource requirements for lower level tiers might be a good idea.

Currently leveling a Metalsmith;

- from Apprentice to Master requires 2 ingots per simplest item,
    - Supreme requires 4 ingots per simplest item, no idea the end range as I haven't got further

Maybe with 14 levels in the professions and a new one to come an adjustment to say 1 ingot for the first range and then 2 for the next would be appropriate.

I would like to comment on the professions. I think it's best to leave it at 3, to keep what you mention about interacting with other players and also avoid an unbalanced system, avoiding players who have the two pairs of professions needed to craft almost all armor or weapon recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldaron View Post
    I would like to comment on the professions. I think it's best to leave it at 3, to keep what you mention about interacting with other players and also avoid an unbalanced system, avoiding players who have the two pairs of professions needed to craft almost all armor or weapon recipes.
    I don't think such change can affect players. It's more about player style and character. If he want interact with players, he will do it. If he don't want interact with them, doesn't matter if he have 3, 4 or 5 professions. I have very little faith about just 3 professions will be sole reason to players interact with other players. He can just create alt with different professions, how you can force him don't do it anyway?

I hope they are going to allow me to get rid of one of my professions I do not want and replace it with something I do want. I hate the current vocation system because I have one profession I am completely ignoring because I simply do not want it on this character.

revert crafting to how it was before West Gondor, is really all there is to say.

Thank you.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Professions:

The first step is to separate vocations into individual professions. Our intent is allowing characters with a vocation to keep the three associated professions at the level that they have currently achieved. Players who are just enrolling in the crafting system can choose any three professions that they want.

We are also likely to allow players to expand their crafting vocations by one more slot. The details on how this is acquired is not yet solidified, but we are not expecting to allow players to have more than four professions trained at any time.The reason for this is simple, we still want to keep the social and game economy moving through the crafting system. While also offering you more flexibility.
    Sounds great, this will simplify a lot. I feel all my characters have 1 of the 3 professions that I rarely use - to replace it with something that is more logical for my gathering/crafting work is very welcome. I also like that it happens, for example, the possiblity to create 1 gathering character and 1 processing character.

Crafting Relevance:

Our goal is to work toward making the relevance of crafted gear more important in the next level band, then over time integrate that back through the lower-level bands of the crafting system. The process to work backward through the tiers will take longer than this year.

The effort to make crafting more useful is integrated with the release of the expansion later this year. We want to establish crafted gear to be slightly ahead of quest gear. This will lead to two behaviors. One, providing optional rewards through the quests specific to crafters. And two, making crafting a unique stepping stone to assist in instances. The major quest lines and crafted gear should be used to get you prepared for the instances that come with the expansion.

Further, new gear and armor in instances will have some measure of crafting included to ensure that there is always something for crafters to look forward to. These items will assist in the stepping stones needed to move into raids, and so on.

Being able to craft LI traceries with materials instead of Ancient Scripts would be around the top of my want-list - I'm more of a 'landscape guy' who likes to gather while exploring, and don't earn enough Ancient Script to keep my LI-traceries up.

Events:

One idea that we have around enhancing the crafting system is the establishment of events that rotate and move from place to place in support of the different professions. An example might be a logging contest at different lumber camps, cooking competitions in the Shire or Bree, scholarly activities, metal working, and so on. Something available to engage in regularly that rewards unique recipes, items, titles, and most importantly crafting advancement for engaging with the events.
    Sounds great! I like those ideas and I bet you can come up with several more.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast