We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this change to regen food accurate?

Live server now

Bullroarer

The difference is really dramatic.

(I see I could have cropped these better, sorry for the cluttered images!)

Have the lower level food items also decreased or is this only an issue at level cap? How does this compare to store regen food?

Ooooo, I have seen this one before! They pulled the same move on Anorien Feasts years ago.

They're changing the numbers to represent each regen tick instead of per minute since knowing how much you regen in a minute is not very practical.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    They're changing the numbers to represent each regen tick instead of per minute since knowing how much you regen in a minute is not very practical.
    Actualy kinda is.
    Also i dont see why they dont increase damn duration.
    10 min duration while we we have 15-30 min boss fights....

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Have the lower level food items also decreased or is this only an issue at level cap? How does this compare to store regen food?
    I haven't looked at any other food to compare yet, but the patch notes mentioned some kind of rebalancing of food when it came to power regen, and that is what got me to notice the change with fish plates. I expect that changes like this will apply all across the board for all tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Ooooo, I have seen this one before! They pulled the same move on Anorien Feasts years ago.
    Except the old anorien feasts that had been created before the change were still allowed to exist and only the recipe for new items was changed. On Bullroarer all the current fish plates in my bags were changed.

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Thank you, this must be the explanation for the dramatic number change. Doing the math though, it appears that we are still getting a nerf on these regen items, and even more so when you consider that everyone's power pool is going up as well. I guess we'll have to see how it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Actualy kinda is.
    Also i dont see why they dont increase damn duration.
    10 min duration while we we have 15-30 min boss fights....
    These really should be changed so they are in line with other food times. Ten minutes is really short, and given how much work and time goes into making crafted food (and the fish plates in particular,) it feels like you are not getting a whole lot of bang for your buck.

The notes only say:

Rebalanced food power regen values.
    IMO, it's related to the upcoming food items that appeared on the database recently

I agree with increasing the duration of foods to a more practical duration.
    A friend and I were talking about a boss fight that took 30 minutes to finish.
    Also, non-traditional composition fellowships still exist.

And I also agree that changing the regeneration values to represent each tick rather than per minute is more practical.
    Most people do not do the math or some people don't understand the regen values, etc.
    Now, if only SSG would reword the way how they show the regeneration values...

+416 in-Combat Power Regen
    +502 in-Combat Morale Regen
    +5020 non-Combat Power Regen
    +3330 non-Combat Morale Regen
    These values are still not properly displayed so that it is easy to read and understand to the average person.
    Congratulations to you if you understood these values or took notice of them via incpr/oocpr values but the average person wouldn't be as observant.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    The notes only say:

IMO, it's related to the upcoming food items that appeared on the database recently
    Ugh, I'm not liking what I see. I was so happy when they made the change to crafting that eliminated different crit versions of food and just made a crit equal more of them instead. I don't want to go back to having my bags filled with two (and looking at this link, there may now be three?) different versions of food. You end up choosing between taking up precious bag space or throwing out hard earned crafting work. And it looks like even the non-power related food in my bags is now going to be devalued as well. For example, my current nut and berry bread, which is "uncommon" tier, has 2% resistance ratings on it, but now the purple version is going to be 1.75%. Will my old stack be converted to purples? If so, I am getting a nerf. Will there now be three tiers of food instead? I see there is also a teal tier of food. If so, my old food is going to have stats even less than the purple tier with the nerf. This looks disappointing.

I also like the change that saw crit foods give multiple plates instead of a superior version.
    Now if only they would go back and change the lower tiers to match and up the crits from 2-3 to 5.

Another thing that I noticed - sorry for going off-topic - is that scholar and cook are the only crafts that give crit chance to examination or mixing (refining) materials.
    In other words, cook tools give you additional crit chance for mixing ingredients and scholar tools give additional crit chance for making higher quality artifacts
    while prospecting and forestry remains at 5% chance to crit to make ingots/leathers or higher quality versions. That does not seem fair tbh.