We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Connection Failed: You do not have the current version of the client installed.

When I attempt to launch the game, after logging in, the client window goes black with the message:

Connection Failed: You do not have the current version of the client installed.

I then must press a Quit button, which closes the client. I am not a computer person and have no idea why this would suddenly start happening. Is there something I can do, hopefully quickly?

My characters need to visit the Spring Festival every single day or I will fail to complete the wrapper quests after investing hundreds of hours of my time. I really need this fixed or I will lose an immense amount of effort.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

I have not seen that specific message reported before.

Ideally, you have a recent backup of your *\StandStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online folder which contains all of the game files other than locally stored preferences and user-installed addons. If you do have such a backup, restore it to your computer. Then run LotroLauncher.exe and allow the game to update itself with today's big patch.

If you don't have a recent backup of your *\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online folder, run the LOTRO Launcher application, click the little down-caret, choose OPTIONS, click on the REPAIR tab, then click the REPAIR button. That should redownload many of the game's files and should, with a bit of time invested to complete, fix you up.

If that doesn't work, you might need to delete your *\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online folder and then reinstall the game after downloading the installer:
    https://files.lotro.com/lotro/installers/lotrolive.exe
    You will not lose any of your settings or plugins or music files, those are stored in *\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online and will not be removed or changed by a reinstallation of the game.

I hope one of the faster, easier methods gets the job done for you. Please report back with your results. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    I have not seen that specific message reported before.
    Thank you once again, Tralfazz. The repair process worked.
    Last edited by SophieTheEnchantress; Mar 26 2023 at 06:57 AM.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!